Windows 10: SATA drive issues

Discus and support SATA drive issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I use a WD Black 6TB HDD SATA drive as a second drive for files not as a system drive. The operating system is on a M2 SSD. The drive has been working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by michaelfwolf, Dec 8, 2020.

1. SATA drive issues

I use a WD Black 6TB HDD SATA drive as a second drive for files not as a system drive. The operating system is on a M2 SSD.
    The drive has been working fine for a few weeks until I started getting an error message on startup saying that the $RECYCLE.BIN is corrupted.
    I get this message now almost every time I start the PC, even after I emptied, deleted and rebuilt the recycle bin on the drive.
    Also sometimes the drive won't show up at all on startup until I get a message about a SATA volume found on Virtual Raid on CPU.
    Can you please help. I use a brand new HP Z4 workstation

:)

michaelfwolf, Dec 8, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

SATA drive issues [​IMG]

SATA drive issues [​IMG]

SATA drive issues [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Dec 8, 2020
  3. little cat, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Anak Win User

SATA drive issues

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

SATA drive issues [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Anak, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

SATA drive issues

1. SATA drive issues - Similar Threads - SATA drive issues

2. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  3. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  4. Issues with SSD and SATA drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with SSD and SATA drives: Hello,I have two issues regarding my two hard drives. One is an HDD with 2 TB and the other is an SSD with 1TB.This is the first time I have had a computer with more than one drive, so when I tried to copy all of my files, programs, user data, etc. over, I went a bit haywire...
  5. external SATA drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external SATA drive: My win 10 cannot recognise my Prestigio external SATA drive when it previously can. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-sata-drive/5c2030a1-97ce-48d4-9f12-dc4980914ebf
  6. SATA CD drive

SATA CD drive: my HP desktop will not recognize the sata CD drives. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sata-cd-drive/5d6da69b-7d11-4954-9b7a-93a26cb3fb09
  7. IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised

IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised: I have a SAMSUNG 40GB IDE HDD that I took out of an old case. I acquired an IDE to SATA adapter. The drive turns on; no strange noises, or anything. It looks pretty much band new, dispite it being 15 years old. It's not recognised by Windows, and it doesn't seem to show up in...
  8. SATA drives missing

SATA drives missing: My PC has just installed the latest Windows 10 updates but 2 of my drives are now missing. There should be a SATA HDD and Blue Ray disc drive. They are showing in the BIOS but when I checked Device Manager they are hidden, when I checked properties they are showing as...
  9. sata issue

sata issue: A new Windows update on my desktop took over 2 hours. The machine then transitioned into a "perpetual reboot". In other words, it continued rebooting itself but never to the point of reaching the login screen. I stopped the cycle by depressing the f12 key during the...
  10. SATA BIOS issues

SATA BIOS issues: I know it's not due to the operating system I'm having this issue but hoping I can get help. My BIOS won't detect more then 2 SATA devices connected to my motherboard. All devices work assuming they are the only two connected and also doesn't matter which 2 ports. Any help is...