Windows 10: SATA drivers for XP - 2015 version want on VM

Discus and support SATA drivers for XP - 2015 version want on VM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks Is there any link to the last update of XP - what I'm looking for are the final SATA driver updates and USB3 support for the last XP SP3 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Jan 24, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

SATA drivers for XP - 2015 version want on VM

Hi folks
    Is there any link to the last update of XP - what I'm looking for are the final SATA driver updates and USB3 support for the last XP SP3 Pro release circa 2015 Oct.

I'm running XP as a VM but can get hugely better I/O (even on an SSD) if I can get the Virtual Disks to operate as SATA rather than IDE !!

I've an XP SP3 release but too early for those SATA drivers and USB3 support.

I have some legacy hardware (and software) that still needs XP -- running Vinyl record cutting machine to make Vinyls -- hardware still working beautifully so I'm not paying an arm and a leg to upgrade to new hardware costing several thousdand USD etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Zyrom121 Win User

How to install SATA drivers to get ready for XP?

I am trying to downgrade my PC from Windows 8 to XP. However my PC does not have a SATA driver. It is stuck on AHCI. How can I install a SATA driver to prepare for the downgrade?

Zyrom121, Jan 24, 2021
  3. glnz Win User
    How to convert actual XP PC with apps and files into XP VM on Win 10?

My old XP machine (still running) has apps and files going back to 2008, including 10GB of emails, and I'd like to convert it into a Virtual Machine on my Win 10 Pro 64-bit (currently version 1909). So the XP will always be there when I need to get something, but would no longer connect to the internet a;though ideally should make it possible for me to copy and paste from the XP VM into the real Win 10.

BTW, I kept my XP machine updated through April 2019 using the POS hack.

So, is this possible?

I just played with Hyper-V on my Win 10 machine for the first ever time last night, and so I'm a VM virgin. I suppose Hyper-V would be the way to go, but if you prefer a different virtualization app for this purpose, feel free to suggest.

At this point, giving me links to steps would be a great start. I don't ask for an encyclopedia at this point.

Thanks!!

4. jimbo45 Win User

How to convert actual XP PC with apps and files into XP VM on Win 10?

Hi there

@Bree

You are again not answering or missing my point !!!! Does the OP want to get a W10 installation from his XP VM or does he want the XP VM to run legacy hardware and software that won't or can't work on later OS'es than XP.

I'm sure your suggestions are valid to get a W10 system eventually but it doesn't seem to address the original problem the OP wanted to solve.

My suggestions were just to get an XP VM up and running - basically cloned from his original working physical XP image with all the hardware / drivers etc.

As far as activation -- seems still no problem - just check "Windows Genuine product" - and it should be OK.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

1. SATA drivers for XP - 2015 version want on VM - Similar Threads - SATA drivers 2015

2. Activation of Windows XP on VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation of Windows XP on VM: Dear Microsoft,Unfortunately we had some very important legacy software that run on Windows XP only.My vendor told me to clone the hard disk to VM and then seek Microsoft to activate it as this is how hegot his cloned Windows XP work.We successfully cloned it to VM but...
  3. Activation of Windows XP on VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of Windows XP on VM: Dear Microsoft,Unfortunately we had some very important legacy software that run on Windows XP only.My vendor told me to clone the hard disk to VM and then seek Microsoft to activate it as this is how hegot his cloned Windows XP work.We successfully cloned it to VM but...
  4. Windows XP sata driver for intel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows XP sata driver for intel: Hi I need help. I need to download the sata intel for my old dell pc. Can anyone help?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-xp-sata-driver-for-intel/9cb7dda3-5491-48e5-83a5-ee7f325f051a
  5. Windows XP sata driver for intel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows XP sata driver for intel: Hi I need help. I need to download the sata intel for my old dell pc. Can anyone help?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-xp-sata-driver-for-intel/9cb7dda3-5491-48e5-83a5-ee7f325f051a
  6. XP VM nternet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    XP VM nternet access: i have my Wn10 machine running Hyper-V and i've started my xp VM machine but cannot get the NIC drivers or anything else running in it to make it useable. can someone please help? This is my first attempt at setting up a VM....
  7. Sata drivers on Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sata drivers on Windows: Hello! I have a msi motherboard and I want to install the raid SATA drivers from the official site. I downloaded and extracted the file but there is no exe in there. I watched a tutorial and they do exact same thing but an installation file exists. After some research, I...
  8. XP SP3 VM -- installing updates!!!!!

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    XP SP3 VM -- installing updates!!!!!: Hi thanks for the input. Indeed, we are just running XP in VM for fun and memories. I stopped using XP when Vista was released. Will look at what you have said.
  9. sata driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sata driver: Is there a newer sata driver for NM10 chipset (atom N455) netbooks or a way to install? Every driver from Intel and Samsung says this platform is not supported (tried running as W7 or W8) and the default one is old (2006) and buggy and getting ahci controller resets all the...
  10. ASM106x Sata Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASM106x Sata Driver: Hello I have an ASUS Maximus VII Hero... It would seem ever since installing the Asmedia SATA Controller Driver V3.1.6.0 driver my 1 TB internal has issues.... as in it will be I quote from the event viewer "Disk 1 has been surprise removed" Anyone else encountered...