Windows 10: Sata drivers on Windows

Discus and support Sata drivers on Windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I have a msi motherboard and I want to install the raid SATA drivers from the official site. I downloaded and extracted the file but there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nomnommar, May 7, 2020.

1. Sata drivers on Windows

Hello! I have a msi motherboard and I want to install the raid SATA drivers from the official site. I downloaded and extracted the file but there is no exe in there. I watched a tutorial and they do exact same thing but an installation file exists. After some research, I figured I could do the installation via a inf. file but instead of one, there are many, one in each folder. Also the drivers where not detected when I tried via the device manager. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

submitted by /u/nomnommar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nomnommar, May 7, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 7, 2020
  3. varunrao Win User
    What driver I have to implement (Or reuse from windows driver samples) to send SATA commands to SATA harddisk?

I am interested in sending SATA commands to harddisk (From the user space) . I had a look at
    storshci mini port driver sample, but this has only functions specific to AHCI controller. I think one more driver need to be implemented which communicates with storshci driver.

It would help greatly If anybody can answer these questions.

• How to send commands to storahci miniport driver (Command, for example port initialize) ?
    • Is storahci miniport driver itself sufficient to implement the sata commads? Or do I need to have a one more layered driver which sit on the top of this (Something like disk driver) ?
    • In which sample driver, the SATA specific commands such as Identify device are implemented?

varunrao, May 7, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Sata drivers on Windows

Windows 10 pro only boots in Disable Driver Signature Enforcement and error 0xc000021a otherwise

Thanks for following up. I missed the part when you mentioned that you already attempted to rebuild BCD and I apologize for that. Moving along, the next step that we can suggest is to use a different driver for the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller. Here are the
    steps:

• Go to Control panel > Hardware and Sound >
      Device manager
    • Open the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers tab.
    • Select the controller 'SATA AHCI,' right click and select Properties.
    • Choose the Driver tab and Driver Details and check if the driver found there is 'iastor.sys'.
    • Select Update Driver Software, Browse and Let me Pick from a list of devices.
    • Select 'Standard SATA AHCI Controller' from the list and install.
    • Restart your PC.

This process was found to be a fix to the majority of reported WATCHDOG_VIOLATION errors in windows 10. If the issue still persist, we suggest updating all other drivers, especially your graphics card driver
    manually.

Please do let us know the outcome of this troubleshooting step.

Mark Isi, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Sata drivers on Windows

1. Sata drivers on Windows - Similar Threads - Sata drivers

2. What should I do when I accidentally uninstalled SATA driver from device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do when I accidentally uninstalled SATA driver from device manager: Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that...
  3. I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally uninstalled sata driver: Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that...
  4. What should I do when I accidentally uninstalled SATA driver from device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do when I accidentally uninstalled SATA driver from device manager: Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that...
  5. I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

I accidentally uninstalled sata driver: Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that...
  6. What should I do when I accidentally uninstalled SATA driver from device manager

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Realtek Audio driver Issues after installing New Sata III SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio driver Issues after installing New Sata III SSD: BACKSTORY:I have a Dell G7 15 laptop that I have been using for the past 4ish years. More recently I have started to experience heavy throttling due to low storage on my SSD. I decided to upgrade my Sata III SSD to a larger drive. I installed Windows 10 and all my drivers...
  9. Realtek Audio driver Issues after installing New Sata III SSD

Realtek Audio driver Issues after installing New Sata III SSD: BACKSTORY:I have a Dell G7 15 laptop that I have been using for the past 4ish years. More recently I have started to experience heavy throttling due to low storage on my SSD. I decided to upgrade my Sata III SSD to a larger drive. I installed Windows 10 and all my drivers...
  10. Realtek Audio driver Issues after installing New Sata III SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sata drivers for windows 10