Windows 10: Sata hard drive failures in Windows 10!!!

Discus and support Sata hard drive failures in Windows 10!!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can we get any answers on a very long unresolved issue in Windows 10 please...? Me too have lost about 5 Sata Ide, different makes, speeds and sizes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MartinBotha3, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Sata hard drive failures in Windows 10!!!

Can we get any answers on a very long unresolved issue in Windows 10 please...? Me too have lost about 5 Sata Ide, different makes, speeds and sizes drives because of Windows 10. No answers seems to be given at all. Start up repair doesn’t work, and the only answer is try a SSD drive. Come on guys, how can everyone be losing Hard drives that costs us money, and the only answer you give is, try a Solid state drive. Can’t Microsoft maybe warn people beforehand “Not to install Windows 10 on nothing but a Solid State drive”, as it’s are going to destroy all other hard drives!! Please give the people some answers because there is obviously a MAJOR issue in Windows 10 that is costing everyone huge amounts of money to replace hard drives!! Or is there maybe an agreement between Microsoft and Hd manufacturers??? Please gives us a reply...

:)

MartinBotha3, Apr 9, 2020
  2. little cat, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Sata hard drive failures in Windows 10!!!

Windows 10 Hot Swap SATA dock

I just built a new PC with a Thermaltake Overseer RX-I case and an Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 motherboard.

I am running Windows 10 Pro.

I enabled AHCI for the Sata port that the dock built into the case is connected to. I also enabled hot swap for that Sata port only. I can boot up with a hard drive installed and it appears in my device list. I can insert the hard drive after boot up and
    it appears in my device list. But I have no way to "Eject" the Sata drive within Windows 10 because it does not show in the list of "Safely Remove Devices".

Previously I used Windows 7 on my old machine and a USB dock. The hard drive would be treated as a USB removable drive and be eligible for "Safely Eject".

What is needed to configure Windows or my Bios to allow for the Sata dock built into the case to be "hot swappable" and able to be safely removed without shutting down the PC?

Blackhawks2015, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Sata hard drive failures in Windows 10!!!

1. Sata hard drive failures in Windows 10!!! - Similar Threads - Sata hard drive

2. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  3. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  4. Windows Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hard drive failure: I have a Lenovo Yoga 370. It worked well until a few days ago and the harddrive failed.Now the history is that, some time ago, I had to restore the PC to windows 7 as I lost my windows 10 disc. So I restored to windows 7 then sometime later Microsoft was doing a free upgrade...
  5. Windows Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hard drive failure: I have a Lenovo Yoga 370. It worked well until a few days ago and the harddrive failed.Now the history is that, some time ago, I had to restore the PC to windows 7 as I lost my windows 10 disc. So I restored to windows 7 then sometime later Microsoft was doing a free upgrade...
  6. Windows Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Hard Drive failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive failure: Hello everyone, I have Lenovo L13 Yoga and it's fairly new. I recently had a disk failure error in my device and prompted me to scan the hard drive. The scan runs for quite a few hours but as I had to start my work, I forced restarted the device. The device looks...
  8. Window 10 Hard drive Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window 10 Hard drive Failure: My laptop I purchased in December 2017 had a hard drive failure. I have gone to HP for troubleshooting and nothing seems to fix it. I am ok with getting another Hard drive however I cannot find the image file the I backed up. How can I reload Windows 10 on the new hard...
  9. Hard drive failure

Hard drive failure: hello, I've had this computer for about ten years now. Recently I've had it shutting down on me randomly. I thought it was the power supply so I replaced it. Apparently it wasn't. My only other guess is a hard drive failure. I bought a new pc and a synology nas to move...
  10. Hard drive failure

Hard drive failure: Hi all, Yesterday I came back to my computer and there was a pop up on the screen telling me that there is an update for Itunes available. So I clicked on install, but nothing happened. Then I wanted to close the pop up, but could not. All was frozen. I had to shut down by...