Windows 10: Sata HD Causing computer to slow way down.

Discus and support Sata HD Causing computer to slow way down. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I Have A SSD As my Main Boot OS Drive. I also Have A WD Sata 6TB for storage of files Etc, when my PC goes to sleep and i wake it up it is SOOOO slow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DUSTiNJaKubs, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Sata HD Causing computer to slow way down.

I Have A SSD As my Main Boot OS Drive. I also Have A WD Sata 6TB for storage of files Etc, when my PC goes to sleep and i wake it up it is SOOOO slow to wake up because of the WD taking for ever to wake up. When not Plugged in my PC will wake up almost instantly. Is there any settings within Windows 10 to NOT have that drive be woken up or even Accessed Unless I Want to access files on the drive???

:)

DUSTiNJaKubs, Dec 11, 2015

2. 2T HD - Slow USB transfer speeds, but fast as SATA

On this Win 10 computer I dual booted to Win 8 and found that this HD is also just as slow with Win 8. I still don't think this HD was this slow with Win 7 and XP. So I assume something changed with Win 8 and Win 10 that makes this particular HD
    slow as a USB HD.

It's also possible that it has something to do with this motherboard. At this point I've decided to just use it as a SATA HD, since it's useless as a USB and I don't' use Win 7 or XP anymore, so I’m stuck, unless someone has a solution.

G M Peters, Dec 11, 2015
  3. Windows Keeps Craching, Also Programs As Well

Hi ZigZag3143,

After doing some additional troubleshooting with the Western Digital HD, I found the following problem. This will be the final post.

I tried switching the SATA cable from the Western Digital HD in the SATA input plugs. There are two banks of 4 SATA input plugs on the motherboard. What I discovered is that my hard drive is not the problem, it actually was the 2nd bank of SATA input plugs.
    Bank 1 is working properly, but bank 2 is causing errors which caused all the Blue Screen Errors.

ACTUAL PROBLEM:

Bank 2nd of 4 STAT input plugs on motherboard is the actual problem causing all of my problems in these posts.

Problem Solved and one I can live with. LOL

Art Freeman

ArthurFreeman, Dec 11, 2015
Thema:

Sata HD Causing computer to slow way down.

1. Sata HD Causing computer to slow way down. - Similar Threads - Sata Causing computer

2. Slowed down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slowed down computer: Has anyone had this problem. Since i installed the update KB5031356 my computer as become a to act at a snail pace I have uninstalled the update and will see the response once it it is out.George...
  3. Slowed down computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slowed down computer: Has anyone had this problem. Since i installed the update KB5031356 my computer as become a to act at a snail pace I have uninstalled the update and will see the response once it it is out.George...
  4. Computer Slowing Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Slowing Down: I have had this computer for about 3 years. 1070ti, 32GB ram, 8th gen i7 8700k, 1.5TB SSD, and 2.5TB HDD. It's not a bad build, but recently I have noticed EXTREME lagging while opening up either VR games or even playing a game for too long. Is there any fix? or do I just...
  5. Computer slowed down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer slowed down: My pc was running very slow for last few days. I did not install new except some updates ( I'm not talking about windows 10 updates ). My antivirus shows no activity of malware's. When I try to turn pc on or off it takes roughly 5 minutes. Things like blender, Photoshop or...
  6. Computer slowed way down after transferring files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slowed way down after transferring files: I have a 4 month old computer running windows 10 and it was upgraded to 64 ram when I bought it. I was transferring a lot of business & drawings files between two older WD external hard drives and a brand new much larger duo raid hard drive yesterday. I am talking Terra...
  7. Computer slows down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slows down: After booting, my computer works just fine. Then, after some time, everything slows down to a crawl. I have not been able to find out what's going on. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-slows-down/8a5643b9-aec4-4b48-aa5d-49e3d8339931
  8. Slow downs in SATA transfer speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow downs in SATA transfer speed: I am having an odd issue where the transfer speed from my HDDs slows to unusable after my computer has been on for a while. I have my primary OS drive as a Samsung 850 1TB SSD, paired with 2 x 3TB Toshiba HDDs. When I first start my computer, everything works as it...
  9. 2T HD - Slow USB transfer speeds, but fast as SATA

2T HD - Slow USB transfer speeds, but fast as SATA: I have a WD 2T HD 7200 RPM. Plugged in as a USB drive, the transfers speed is 7mg/sec, but if I use it as an internal SATA it's about 190mg/sec. I've tried 3 different USB interfaces with the 2T drive with the same results. Other USB HD's that I have aren't slow like this one...
  10. 2T HD - Slow USB transfer speeds, but fast as SATA

2T HD - Slow USB transfer speeds, but fast as SATA: I have a WD 2T HD 7200 RPM. Plugged in as a USB drive, the transfers speed is 7mg/sec, but if I use it as an internal SATA it's about 190mg/sec. I've tried 3 different USB interfaces with the 2T drive with the same results. Other USB HD's that I have aren't slow like this one...