Windows 10: SATA III Controller Card issue on Warm Reboot.

Discus and support SATA III Controller Card issue on Warm Reboot. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I thought I'd throw this out here and get some opinions. My computer recently has been BSODing upon warm reboots, and I noticed that I'm not seeing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tackleberry, Dec 13, 2018.

1. SATA III Controller Card issue on Warm Reboot.

So I thought I'd throw this out here and get some opinions. My computer recently has been BSODing upon warm reboots, and I noticed that I'm not seeing the ASM1061 Controller card's BIOS screen when restarting, and I'm trying to figure out if I have a failing card or if there's some sort of hand-off that Windows isn't doing that it should be doing. The machine will boot normally if I flip the hard switch on the PSU to off and leave it for a moment, and turn it back on, but if a restart is commanded from Windows (either by me or the system), it will fail to reboot until I do the before-mentioned toggling of the power supply. Here's what I typically see when booting fresh:

1) I see the controller card's BIOS splash:

SATA III Controller Card issue on Warm Reboot. [​IMG]

2) After that screen clears the motherboard's splash screen comes up, and windows boots normally.

When I warm restart, I no longer see the controller card's BIOS splash, and go instead right to this:

SATA III Controller Card issue on Warm Reboot. [​IMG]

After which I toggle the power switch on the power supply and back again after a few seconds, and then it boots normally.

I've combed through the bios looking for any power settings or other IO settings I think could maybe possibly affect this, and come up empty.

Some additional:
    Firmware on both the controller card and the motherboard (Gigabyte G1 Gaming GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5) are both current.

Any thoughts?

:)

Tackleberry, Dec 13, 2018

2. Missing SATA controller?

While in the midst of helping RTW with a problem, I was looking through my device manager, and noticed that I have no SATA controllers listed. There are 3x Primary/Secondary IDE and 3x Standard Dual PCI Controller listed under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.

Performance and stability wise, there is no issue. My hard disk is plugged in as usual with the SATA cable, and functions fine.

Yet I remember on an older board, I had SATA controllers, that reported my 1.5gb transfer rate and similar SATA specs.

Are there separate drivers for some modern boards?

I just got really curious when I saw this.

newconroer, Dec 13, 2018
  3. ASM106x SATA Controller in Win10 Device Manager

Hi,
    I am struggling with a PCI -E x 1 expansion card. The card provides SATA-3 connectivity and I cannot get my Win10 system to recognise it properly (I think). I have connected an external hard drive (which is in a SATA supporting enclosure) to one of its sockets, but the hard drive is not recognised by my system. If I use a USB-2 connection instead, the drive is recognised. The expansion card is an ASMedia 1061and I have installed the latest Win10 driver for it. Having done so, I see that in Win10 Device Manager an 'Asmedia 106x SATA Controller' is now listed under 'Storage Controllers', whereas the driver installation instructions from ASMedia insist that it should appear under 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers'. When I left click on 'Asmedia 106x SATA Controller'/Properties, all seems to be well - the Events tab shows that the device Configured, Installed and Started. No errors are shown.
    Should the item really be under 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers' and if so, how do I get it there? My motherboard is a Gigagbyte GA-P35-DS3L using AHCI (which is demanded by the installation guide for the card).
    Any suggestions would be appreciated - ultimately, if I can get the thing to work at all, I want to connect a SATA SSD to one of the internal connectors on the expansion card.

jameswesthead, Dec 13, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

SATA III Controller Card issue on Warm Reboot.

ASM106x SATA Controller in Win10 Device Manager

I don't have one of these cards/controllers, but the readme file for the driver says:

When you connect the drive to it, are you connecting the hard drive itself to the SATA port, or are you connected it through the enclosure? I would try taking the hard drive out of the enclosure and connecting the hard drive itself directly to the controller card, and, of course, a power cable from the power supply. It might be the enclosure that is interfering.

NavyLCDR, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

SATA III Controller Card issue on Warm Reboot.

1. SATA III Controller Card issue on Warm Reboot. - Similar Threads - SATA III Controller

2. Realtek Audio driver Issues after installing New Sata III SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio driver Issues after installing New Sata III SSD: BACKSTORY:I have a Dell G7 15 laptop that I have been using for the past 4ish years. More recently I have started to experience heavy throttling due to low storage on my SSD. I decided to upgrade my Sata III SSD to a larger drive. I installed Windows 10 and all my drivers...
  3. Realtek Audio driver Issues after installing New Sata III SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio driver Issues after installing New Sata III SSD: BACKSTORY:I have a Dell G7 15 laptop that I have been using for the past 4ish years. More recently I have started to experience heavy throttling due to low storage on my SSD. I decided to upgrade my Sata III SSD to a larger drive. I installed Windows 10 and all my drivers...
  4. Realtek Audio driver Issues after installing New Sata III SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bsods on syba 40062 pcie card sata III

Bsods on syba 40062 pcie card sata III: I had to install the OS first on native sata ports and then I inserted the pcie card which gives me frequent crashes and does not boot with inaccessible boot device error.I managed to get it started, but every time I have to do a clean install it are problems. In device...
  6. PCI-Express To SATA III 6Gbps Cards

PCI-Express To SATA III 6Gbps Cards: I have tried using two different models of these cards, and both were hopeless. Red screens of death were common, even before getting into Windows. They both used a Marvell chipset. Maybe that was the problem. Even booting with with rescue media produced RSODs. Has anyone...
  7. SATA III Controller Card issue on Warm Reboot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SATA III Controller Card issue on Warm Reboot.: So I thought I'd throw this out here and get some opinions. My computer recently has been BSODing upon warm reboots, and I noticed that I'm not seeing the ASM1061 Controller card's BIOS screen when restarting, and I'm trying to figure out if I have a failing card or if...
  8. SATA III SSD shown as SATA II

SATA III SSD shown as SATA II: Hi everyone.*Nerd I have just noticed that my Intel 520 SSD Drive is showing as SATA II drive. Now, I am aware that it is connected to a SATA2_0 port controlled by native Intel SATA II controller on my mobo and current speed should be 3gb/s. Why does it say though that the...
  9. Sata III PCI cards for computer with SATA II ports on mobo

Sata III PCI cards for computer with SATA II ports on mobo: I have a DIY box with an Asus P5K-E mobo that provides SATA II ports. I upgraded to a pair of Samsung 850 EVO ssds and naturally got a great speed boost. Now I am getting greedy and thinking about doubling my gains with a SATA III controller card. I have been reading online...
  10. SATA III PCI-e 2.0 x1 Card not working after 1709 update

SATA III PCI-e 2.0 x1 Card not working after 1709 update: Hi all, I am currently on Windows 10 Pro 1607 and I have 3 HDDs and 1 optic drive plugged into my SATA III PCI-e 2.0 x1 Card. Everything is moving along just fine. I did the painfully long update (not by choice) to 1709. After it completed, this card stopped working...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asmedia 106x firmware