Windows 10: sata power and sata 3

Discus and support sata power and sata 3 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i looked on amazon and i couldn't find a good sata 3 to usb 3 and a sata power that would fit with the sata 3. Does anybody have a link to what im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenShankroff, Jun 28, 2020.

1. sata power and sata 3

i looked on amazon and i couldn't find a good sata 3 to usb 3 and a sata power that would fit with the sata 3. Does anybody have a link to what im looking for? Sata 3 2.5 inches. https://imgur.com/5DFguai

:)

BenShankroff, Jun 28, 2020
  2. JoeNamco Win User

SATA internal HDD and external SATA HDD

using a USB makes it a external drive to the system. suggest that you do some research on USB vs SATA.

JoeNamco, Jun 28, 2020
  3. No SATA settings in Bios

I installed a SSD in my dell computer and I want to change the SATA settings to AHCI - problem is I am unable to find where to change that setting in the BIOS. In fact, no where does it even mention SATA. I've tried all the suggestions of going to the
    registry and changing the values - but again there is no where in the BIOS that I can find to change the SATA.

Any help would be appreciated.

charleswaterfeet, Jun 28, 2020
  4. sata power and sata 3

Storagespace, want to change SATA Controller for Devices

Hi all,

i've running a parity storage pool of 3 x 4TB Sata HDD's on two different 2 Port SATA Controller.

1. Could i switch thoose drives without loose of data to an other 4 Port SATA Controller?

For example:

1 x 3 x TB HDD on SATA Controller 1 Port 1

1 x 3 x TB HDD on SATA Controller 2 Port 0

1 x 3 x TB HDD on SATA Controller 2 Port 1

Swtiched to...

1 x 3 x TB HDD on SATA Controller 3 Port 0

1 x 3 x TB HDD on SATA Controller 3 Port 1

1 x 3 x TB HDD on SATA Controller 3 Port 2

2. What happens when i switch the assignment between the Controllers and the HDDs?

For example:

Switched to...

Please help me to figure out what happens in the two szenario's. I won't test this on my livesystem and there is no testsystem given.

Many thanks

Toady Toadsen, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

sata power and sata 3

1. sata power and sata 3 - Similar Threads - sata power sata

2. Sata Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sata Error: I have an error in device manager that I have no idea what is causing it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advanceDEVICE MANAGERIDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS Standard SATA AHCI Controller Standard SATA AHCI Controller This one has error This device cannot start....
  3. Guru Question on Laptop SATA Power

Guru Question on Laptop SATA Power: This is all going to be theory as all parts have been returned. I was tasked to repair a Dell Inspiron 15 5568 laptop with a dead short on motherboard. A replacement motherboard was sourced on eBay, Only one available. Upon fitting it had the same characteristics as the...
  4. sata ssd

sata ssd: I installed a sata 6 internal ssd and my cpu is not recognizing the drive what must I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sata-ssd/5c8a216f-bfe8-46f4-804a-745e44997e32
  5. Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card

Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card: I'm looking for a PCIe to SATA 3 add in card that actually works at X4 rates, that is, it must use all four lanes on the PCIe bus. The card can either provide sata connectors or permit insertion of a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD onto the card. Examples of the types of cards that would...
  6. SATA III SSD shown as SATA II

SATA III SSD shown as SATA II: Hi everyone.*Nerd I have just noticed that my Intel 520 SSD Drive is showing as SATA II drive. Now, I am aware that it is connected to a SATA2_0 port controlled by native Intel SATA II controller on my mobo and current speed should be 3gb/s. Why does it say though that the...
  7. sata driver

sata driver: Is there a newer sata driver for NM10 chipset (atom N455) netbooks or a way to install? Every driver from Intel and Samsung says this platform is not supported (tried running as W7 or W8) and the default one is old (2006) and buggy and getting ahci controller resets all the...
  8. Sata ssd

Sata ssd: What is the difference between SATAI,II,and III? I want to buy one from EBay. Its a Seagate SATA I for only $11.00 160gb don't need much more than that. Just enough to hold small docs and for surfing. 102827
  9. How to install PCIE SATA 3 board

How to install PCIE SATA 3 board: Hello all, First post. I'm trying to install a Sedna SE-PCIE-SATA6G-02, PCIE SATA III 2-port adapter into my computer but it doesn't seem to be recognized by Windows 10. I've recently added an SSD drive to my system and had to load the AHCI driver by booting into safe...
  10. go from sata 1 to sata 3 using an add on card and having it boot?

go from sata 1 to sata 3 using an add on card and having it boot?: I have sata 3 drives, but the mother board is sata 1 which is slow. MB is Aspen MSI 7548 MSI MS-7548 (Aspen) motherboards specifications The mb has a free PCIEx1 version 2 slot open. I have read you can buy an add on sata3 card to work with version 2 pcie x1 slot, BUT...