Windows 10: SATA SSD and M.2 SSD

Discus and support SATA SSD and M.2 SSD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i was with a ssd sata and now i have ssd m.2, i formatted and put windows 11 in m.2, but i did not remove the ssd sata, i can only boot windows with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wilian M., Aug 3, 2022.

1. Wilian M. Win User

SATA SSD and M.2 SSD

i was with a ssd sata and now i have ssd m.2, i formatted and put windows 11 in m.2, but i did not remove the ssd sata, i can only boot windows with the ssd sata connected, if i remove it windows does not boot to m.2 obs: windows was installed on m.2 but the ssd sata was still connected, but windows was 100% installed on m.2, is there any way I can set m.2 as primary? when i removed the ssd sata it did not recognize windowsSorry for my bad Englishhttps://i.imgur.com/oUFEEOp.png

:)

Wilian M., Aug 3, 2022
  2. ensiv Win User

cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme

Hi so i'm planning on building a new pc and my main storage drive on it will be an m.2 nvme and i want to clone my current pc's main sata ssd with my windows install on it to the new pc, I already know how to clone sata ssd to m.2 nvme and keep all my old files and keep windows but i'm wondering if there will be any hardware problems since my new pc will have a completely different motherboard, cpu and gpu, if there is any hardware problems is there anyway to get around it? or would i just have to install windows by itself on the new m.2 nvme and then afterward copy all the files except windows from the old ssd

ensiv, Aug 3, 2022
  3. M.2 SSD Partitioning

My OS is installed on an 128GB SATA SSD,

All other applications, when ever possible I used to install on another 60 SATA SSD.

I am very happy with the performance. It is pretty fast, better than if it were on the same disk. I have tested the difference.

Now I have a new ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard with Two M.2 slots.

I am going to buy a 512 GB M.2 SSD.

As I have under stood the SSD consists of 4 Nos of NAND Chis.

Therefore on each NAND chip, I presume will have capacity of 64 GBs.

My question is are they really independent ?

Can they behave as independent Hard disks?

If yes,

Can I partition my new M.2 SSD into an 198GB and 64GB partitions -that means 3 NAND chips and one NAND Chip?

and enjoy the same or better speed than before that I had with the SATA SSD?

Dr Abdul Rasheed

Dr. Abdul Rasheed. K., Aug 3, 2022
  4. SATA SSD and M.2 SSD

I need help of buying 1TB M.2 SSD SATA 2280 for my Asus Vivobook 15 R542UQ-DM153 with X542UQ bios. Needed replies from M.2 SSD SATA experienced users..

I want to upgrade from 250GB M.2 SSD SATA 2280 to
    1TB M.2 SSD SATA 2280
    only.

My asus laptop supports only M.2 SSD SATA 2280. I have sorted out from three models from the amazon india website .

1. Western Digital WD Blue 1 TB M.2 2280 SATA Internal Solid State Drive
    (WDS100T2B0B)

price in rupess 9047.00

2. Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD (CT1000MX500SSD4)

price in rupess 9692.00

3. Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    (MZ-N6E1T0)

price in rupess 12199.00

i am getting much confusing while buying online site.

Note:: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA M.2 (2280) is not available in offline store.

Other two company models are available in offline store.

I am waiting replies from M.2 SSD SATA experienced users.

Thanking You.

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

SATA SSD and M.2 SSD

1. SATA SSD and M.2 SSD - Similar Threads - SATA SSD SSD

2. Switching from SATA SSD to M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching from SATA SSD to M.2 SSD?: Just built a new PC for the company I work for. It has two hard drives, a SATA SSD and an M.2 SSD. They have an IT company who is in charge of installing windows and network setup and the guy installed Windows 10 to the SATA instead of the M.2. I tried to switch this using...
  3. Switching from SATA SSD to M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching from SATA SSD to M.2 SSD?: Just built a new PC for the company I work for. It has two hard drives, a SATA SSD and an M.2 SSD. They have an IT company who is in charge of installing windows and network setup and the guy installed Windows 10 to the SATA instead of the M.2. I tried to switch this using...
  4. Switching from SATA SSD to M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. SATA SSD and M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA SSD and M.2 SSD: i was with a ssd sata and now i have ssd m.2, i formatted and put windows 11 in m.2, but i did not remove the ssd sata, i can only boot windows with the ssd sata connected, if i remove it windows does not boot to m.2 obs: windows was installed on m.2 but the ssd sata was...
  6. cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme: Hi so i'm planning on building a new pc and my main storage drive on it will be an m.2 nvme and i want to clone my current pc's main sata ssd with my windows install on it to the new pc, I already know how to clone sata ssd to m.2 nvme and keep all my old files and keep...
  7. cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme

cloning sata ssd to m.2 nvme: Hi so i'm planning on building a new pc and my main storage drive on it will be an m.2 nvme and i want to clone my current pc's main sata ssd with my windows install on it to the new pc, I already know how to clone sata ssd to m.2 nvme and keep all my old files and keep...
  8. Transfering the OS from a SATA SSD to an M.2 SSD...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfering the OS from a SATA SSD to an M.2 SSD...: So as the title suggests, I'm wanting to transfer my Windows 10 OS from my already connected SATA SSD to a new and larger M.2 SSD that I'm installing. I have around 500gb of data on the old (SATA) SSD, but the only thing I want to transfer is the OS. Is there a way to retain...
  9. best way to clone SATA M.2 SSD to PCIe M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    best way to clone SATA M.2 SSD to PCIe M.2 SSD?: Long story short: I have a Gigabyte Mini ITX motherboard with a 256GB Sandisk SATA III M.2 SSD in it that I'm replacing with a 1TB Intel PCIe M.2 SSD and would like to keep my OS and everything. My current plan ins to put the old SSD into a USB enclosure so I can boot from...
  10. M.2 or sata ssd

M.2 or sata ssd: Hi all i need to ask i have a z170ar motherboard . ok here it is i have 6 sata port 5 are used sata 1 is the c drive sata 2 empty 3 4 5 6 are other drives they say the m.2 uses sata so if i install the m.2 i well lose sata 1 and 2 ports because its shared. so my question...