Windows 10: SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?

Discus and support SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently my SATA SSD not sure what specific model but its intel something stopped being recognised by windows 11 yet it is in the BIOS. I have an Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by stained36, Apr 12, 2024.

1. stained36 Win User

SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?

Recently my SATA SSD not sure what specific model but its intel something stopped being recognised by windows 11 yet it is in the BIOS. I have an Intel i9 10900kf, RTX 3060 ti and 32 GB ddr4 ram. I have tried reconnecting the physical connections into the motherboard and it didn't fix the issue.

:)

stained36, Apr 12, 2024
  2. RPB57 Win User

SATA HDD recognised as SSD

Hi. My SATA HDD is recognised as a SSD and Windows 10 will not perform defragmentation on it as a result; which I appreciate. I've tried many of the prescribed procedures mentioned on forums but to no effect. I'm pretty convinced that the problem lies
    in the fact I have installed a SSD in my machine. Windows is recognising the correct size of my SATA HDD however and the SSD isn't showing up quite rightly as its Linux formatted. Using a third party defragmentation program exactly the same problem occurs,
    however I was able to defragment my C drive using it as it just warned against it and didn't prohibit me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RPB57, Apr 12, 2024
  3. RPB57 Win User
    SATA HDD recognised as SSD

Just occurred to me. Could it be that the primary boot drive is the Linux SSD. I've got a feeling this could

be the problem. I'm not sure how to configure Windows 10 to boot from the SATA HDD. I will try reinstalling the drivers and look into the BIOS but would appreciate your take on my suggestion.

RPB57, Apr 12, 2024
  4. SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?

No SATA settings in Bios

I installed a SSD in my dell computer and I want to change the SATA settings to AHCI - problem is I am unable to find where to change that setting in the BIOS. In fact, no where does it even mention SATA. I've tried all the suggestions of going to the
    registry and changing the values - but again there is no where in the BIOS that I can find to change the SATA.

Any help would be appreciated.

charleswaterfeet, Apr 12, 2024
Thema:

SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?

1. SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows? - Similar Threads - SATA SSD recognised

2. SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?: Recently my SATA SSD not sure what specific model but its intel something stopped being recognised by windows 11 yet it is in the BIOS. I have an Intel i9 10900kf, RTX 3060 ti and 32 GB ddr4 ram. I have tried reconnecting the physical connections into the motherboard and it...
  3. External m2 sata ssd not being recognised.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External m2 sata ssd not being recognised.: Hey guys, I recently swapped my ssd with Samsung 970 evo plus and took out the old one and after a while I purchased a external SSD connector and after installing it in the external adapter and after plugging to my laptop it is not being recognizednot being shown in windows...
  4. SSD is not recognised by Win10 (or BIOS) every now and then.

SSD is not recognised by Win10 (or BIOS) every now and then.: Hey guys, I have just had a WD SSD put into my laptop. It is not the M2 drive, but a secondary SSD. Every now and then ....it is not recognised. It is not even in Disk Management. I have changed the SATA mode selection to ACHI and reinstalled Win10. I thought that the...
  5. sata ssd

sata ssd: I installed a sata 6 internal ssd and my cpu is not recognizing the drive what must I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sata-ssd/5c8a216f-bfe8-46f4-804a-745e44997e32
  6. Internal SATA SSD isn't recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal SATA SSD isn't recognised: Hello, I wanted to upgrade my PC from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, but kept getting an error. In the process of trying to upgrade, I somehow managed to get my PC to stop recognising one of the secondary hard drives, internally connected to the PC. The only thins that I...
  7. SATA HDD recognised as SSD

SATA HDD recognised as SSD: Hi. My SATA HDD is recognised as a SSD and Windows 10 will not perform defragmentation on it as a result; which I appreciate. I've tried many of the prescribed procedures mentioned on forums but to no effect. I'm pretty convinced that the problem lies in the fact I have...
  8. IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised

IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised: I have a SAMSUNG 40GB IDE HDD that I took out of an old case. I acquired an IDE to SATA adapter. The drive turns on; no strange noises, or anything. It looks pretty much band new, dispite it being 15 years old. It's not recognised by Windows, and it doesn't seem to show up in...
  9. Updated Bios on Gigabyte MoBo -- lost 3 SATA ports

Updated Bios on Gigabyte MoBo -- lost 3 SATA ports: I built my Intel i5 PC in 2010. The mobo is the Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 "Ultra Durable"... After recently upgrading to Windows 10, I attempted to upgrade my RAM from 4 to 8 GB. My mobo did not recognize the two available RAM slots. I decided (wrongly) to upgrade my 5+ year old...
  10. Sata ssd

Sata ssd: What is the difference between SATAI,II,and III? I want to buy one from EBay. Its a Seagate SATA I for only $11.00 160gb don't need much more than that. Just enough to hold small docs and for surfing. 102827