Windows 10: SATA SSD not getting detected anywhere

Discus and support SATA SSD not getting detected anywhere in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I tried multiple times but the SATA SSD is not getting detected in BIOS or device manager or in any softwareI had removed this SSDOS was installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nicconike, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Nicconike Win User

SATA SSD not getting detected anywhere

Hi,I tried multiple times but the SATA SSD is not getting detected in BIOS or device manager or in any softwareI had removed this SSDOS was installed in it and installed a new samsung 980 SSD but when I used this old ssd again then it was not showing upI had forgot to format the SSD, will that effect somehow? And its not detected so am unable to format it nowPLEASE HELP IT'S URGENT

:)

Nicconike, Oct 25, 2021

2. My MX500 250gb sata ssd is not being detected by Windows through a sata to USB connecter

I just got my SSD today and I encountered this problem.

Thing is, Windows detects the sata to usb connector fine, but the SSD doesn't show up at all, in both file explorer or device manager.

Thanks.

dominik_sz, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Can't detect SSD when Installing windows10

Hi,

Incorrectly configured BIOS settings may cause your SSD not to be detected.

For us to properly isolate and provide a suitable resolution, we'll be needing additional information:

• Does your gaming laptop have HDD and SSD?
    • Is your SSD a SATA or M.2?
    • Were you trying to reinstall Windows 10?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the BIOS setting?

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Oct 25, 2021
  4. [CarlS] Win User

Windows 10 Does not detect SSD

Hi

This depends on model to model of the motherboard. Typically you restart your device and press del (or sometimes a different key like F1, etc.) to go into it. This lists all the settings for the motherboard.

Inside the BIOS there is typically one which lists your drives and the boot order. We need to check if the disk is listed in there. If it’s not then I’d suggest firstly checking and replacing the cables, moving to a different SATA port if possible. After that
    it may be the SSD is faulty.

Kind regards,

Carl.

[CarlS], Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

1. SATA SSD not getting detected anywhere - Similar Threads - SATA SSD getting

2. HDD not getting detected anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD not getting detected anywhere: Hi!I have Lenovo Z51-70 which came with a regular HDD. I brought a SSD drive and then did a clean install with installation media transfer of OS. Everything went well and the system is running very smoothly on the SSD.The problem is that I can't get the regular HDD that came...
  3. HDD not getting detected anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD not getting detected anywhere: Hi!I have Lenovo Z51-70 which came with a regular HDD. I brought a SSD drive and then did a clean install with installation media transfer of OS. Everything went well and the system is running very smoothly on the SSD.The problem is that I can't get the regular HDD that came...
  4. HDD not getting detected anywhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PCIe SSD not getting detected anywhere

PCIe SSD not getting detected anywhere: Hi,I tried multiple times but the PCIe SSD is not getting detected in BIOS or device manager or in any softwareI had removed this SSDOS was installed in it and installed a new samsung 980 SSD but when I used this old ssd again then it was not showing upI had forgot to format...
  6. SATA SSD not getting detected anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA SSD not getting detected anywhere: Hi,I tried multiple times but the SATA SSD is not getting detected in BIOS or device manager or in any softwareI had removed this SSDOS was installed in it and installed a new samsung 980 SSD but when I used this old ssd again then it was not showing upI had forgot to format...
  7. SATA SSD not getting detected anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA SSD not getting detected anywhere: Hi,I tried multiple times but the SATA SSD is not getting detected in BIOS or device manager or in any softwareI had removed this SSDOS was installed in it and installed a new samsung 980 SSD but when I used this old ssd again then it was not showing upI had forgot to format...
  8. sata ssd

sata ssd: I installed a sata 6 internal ssd and my cpu is not recognizing the drive what must I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sata-ssd/5c8a216f-bfe8-46f4-804a-745e44997e32
  9. My MX500 250gb sata ssd is not being detected by Windows through a sata to USB connecter

My MX500 250gb sata ssd is not being detected by Windows through a sata to USB connecter: I just got my SSD today and I encountered this problem. Thing is, Windows detects the sata to usb connector fine, but the SSD doesn't show up at all, in both file explorer or device manager. Thanks....
  10. Sata ssd

Sata ssd: What is the difference between SATAI,II,and III? I want to buy one from EBay. Its a Seagate SATA I for only $11.00 160gb don't need much more than that. Just enough to hold small docs and for surfing. 102827