Windows 10: sata ssd

Discus and support sata ssd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed a sata 6 internal ssd and my cpu is not recognizing the drive what must I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ROBERTMETH, Oct 28, 2020.

1. sata ssd

I installed a sata 6 internal ssd and my cpu is not recognizing the drive what must I do?

:)

ROBERTMETH, Oct 28, 2020
  2. RPB57 Win User

SATA HDD recognised as SSD

Hi. My SATA HDD is recognised as a SSD and Windows 10 will not perform defragmentation on it as a result; which I appreciate. I've tried many of the prescribed procedures mentioned on forums but to no effect. I'm pretty convinced that the problem lies
    in the fact I have installed a SSD in my machine. Windows is recognising the correct size of my SATA HDD however and the SSD isn't showing up quite rightly as its Linux formatted. Using a third party defragmentation program exactly the same problem occurs,
    however I was able to defragment my C drive using it as it just warned against it and didn't prohibit me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RPB57, Oct 28, 2020
  3. RPB57 Win User
    SATA HDD recognised as SSD

Just occurred to me. Could it be that the primary boot drive is the Linux SSD. I've got a feeling this could

be the problem. I'm not sure how to configure Windows 10 to boot from the SATA HDD. I will try reinstalling the drivers and look into the BIOS but would appreciate your take on my suggestion.

RPB57, Oct 28, 2020
  4. sata ssd

External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to External SSD showing as HDD when connected to the PC using USB 3.0 port. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Have you tried connecting the SSD to any other PC?
    2. Are you using any converter to connect the SSD through USB 3.0 port?
    3. Are you using a RAID configuration?

I have researched on your query and found that the SSD that you are using is an internal SSD drive, in this case I would suggest you to try updating the Intel Rapid Storage drivers from the

intel website
    and see if that helps.

In addition, this issue can occur if the SSD is connected to a SATA controller that is identified as RAID (SCSI). I would suggest you to try connecting the SSD to a SATA port that uses AHCI controller such as Intel SATA controller/chipset.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

sata ssd

1. sata ssd - Similar Threads - sata ssd

2. SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?: Recently my SATA SSD not sure what specific model but its intel something stopped being recognised by windows 11 yet it is in the BIOS. I have an Intel i9 10900kf, RTX 3060 ti and 32 GB ddr4 ram. I have tried reconnecting the physical connections into the motherboard and it...
  3. SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA SSD is recognised on gigabyte bios but not windows?: Recently my SATA SSD not sure what specific model but its intel something stopped being recognised by windows 11 yet it is in the BIOS. I have an Intel i9 10900kf, RTX 3060 ti and 32 GB ddr4 ram. I have tried reconnecting the physical connections into the motherboard and it...
  4. Can i move a sata ssd with windows 11 pro to a new motherboard that says it has windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i move a sata ssd with windows 11 pro to a new motherboard that says it has windows 10...: I currently have a 256gb sata ssd with windows 11 pro boost drive, 1tb hdd with files that i can put in a usb and a m.2 ssd with games. I currently have a new motherboard coming and it says it has windows 10 on the motherboard description and i was wondering if me putting my...
  5. Can i move a sata ssd with windows 11 pro to a new motherboard that says it has windows 10...

Can i move a sata ssd with windows 11 pro to a new motherboard that says it has windows 10...: I currently have a 256gb sata ssd with windows 11 pro boost drive, 1tb hdd with files that i can put in a usb and a m.2 ssd with games. I currently have a new motherboard coming and it says it has windows 10 on the motherboard description and i was wondering if me putting my...
  6. a friend put in an ssd with no sata and now pc turns on but no display or bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a friend put in an ssd with no sata and now pc turns on but no display or bios: things tried reseating gpu, removing cmos, unplugging displays, removing 2 ram sticks, removing the drive without a sata, plugging in drive with a satahe plans on trying to use a flash drive with windows on it although i dont think it'll fix the issue...
  7. a friend put in an ssd with no sata and now pc turns on but no display or bios

a friend put in an ssd with no sata and now pc turns on but no display or bios: things tried reseating gpu, removing cmos, unplugging displays, removing 2 ram sticks, removing the drive without a sata, plugging in drive with a satahe plans on trying to use a flash drive with windows on it although i dont think it'll fix the issue...
  8. SATA SSD not bootable via usb, cloning did not work either

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA SSD not bootable via usb, cloning did not work either: My laptop was a Dell Inspiron N5110 from 2011, it was old but did what i needed it to do. To bandaid it over the years i removed the old hard drive and installed a 512 GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD SATA connection with Windows 10 which was leaps and bounds faster. After years of...
  9. SATA SSD not bootable via usb, cloning did not work either

SATA SSD not bootable via usb, cloning did not work either: My laptop was a Dell Inspiron N5110 from 2011, it was old but did what i needed it to do. To bandaid it over the years i removed the old hard drive and installed a 512 GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD SATA connection with Windows 10 which was leaps and bounds faster. After years of...
  10. SATA SSD not bootable via usb, cloning did not work either

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade