Windows 10: SATA to USB 3.0 Adaptors

Discus and support SATA to USB 3.0 Adaptors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I wonder, should I buy one of these Sata to USB interface? I have a 1TB internal hard drive I could use as portable HDD, I would not move it a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by windowz123, Mar 28, 2020.

1. SATA to USB 3.0 Adaptors

Hi,

I wonder, should I buy one of these Sata to USB interface? I have a 1TB internal hard drive I could use as portable HDD, I would not move it a lot, perhaps once per month from home to work.

SATA to USB 3.0 Adaptors XcKELCL.png

Are these safe for my USB ports or simply for the computers? And usually are they plug and play ?

This would cost me around 28$ with taxes and shipping included.. to give my old internal HDD it's last breath of life while a new 1tb portable HDD would cost me around 90$, I already have 2 of them.

What do you think about this SATA to USB 3.0 ?

Thanks

:)

windowz123, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

Internal USB to SATA adaptor

Has anyone ever seen an adaptor that can be connected to a motherboard's USB header to support a SATA hard drive?

Long story short I'm out of SATA ports. I was thinking of maybe modding something like this.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-SATA-Ad...044?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0e6a5cdc

I could unsolder the USB port and solder on a 6" or so cable with a 4-pin connector to fit the mobo. It would be easier to just buy one if I knew where to find things like that.

Lazzer408, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Jstn7477 Win User

Great suggestion. Either that or if your board has an eSATA port, you could try to loop the cable back onto the case using an eSATA to SATA cable.

Jstn7477, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

SATA to USB 3.0 Adaptors

Thats close but for $9 I'll solder it. *Big Grin SATA to USB 3.0 Adaptors :D

Yes I just checked and it DOES have an esata port. I forgot all about that. Who's going to see it back there right?

Lazzer408, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

SATA to USB 3.0 Adaptors

1. SATA to USB 3.0 Adaptors - Similar Threads - SATA USB Adaptors

2. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  3. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  4. Adaptor for type C Thunderbolt 3 port to connect to USB 3.0

Adaptor for type C Thunderbolt 3 port to connect to USB 3.0: Windows Version 1909 I don't know the right terminology. My new Dell laptop has a type-c thunderbolt 3 port. I'm looking for an adapter so that I can connect an external hard drive that has a USB 3.0 connector. I've looked around but I'm not 100% sure if I will be getting...
  5. sata power and sata 3

sata power and sata 3: i looked on amazon and i couldn't find a good sata 3 to usb 3 and a sata power that would fit with the sata 3. Does anybody have a link to what im looking for? Sata 3 2.5 inches. https://imgur.com/5DFguai...
  6. USB audio adaptor feedback problem

USB audio adaptor feedback problem: I recently purchased a USB audio adaptor for my microphone, when i first plugged it in it worked fine, but when i shut down my computer and turned it back on it wont work any more and just produces feedback white noise i have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, i...
  7. HDMI to USB - C adaptor issue

HDMI to USB - C adaptor issue: The cord for HDMI to USB-C that I use is connected and lit up which means "ready to go" however my surface screen is not transferring to the second monitor I have tried everything; updates, re boot, wiggling cord, cord in and out, troubleshooting, display settings Please...
  8. USB-C adaptor

USB-C adaptor: I have recently purchased an HP laptop with windows 10 software. The laptop deos not have a VGA point, and as I often use projectors with VGA adaptors I purchased an apple USB-C to VGA adaptor thats connects via the USB - C socket on the side of the laptop. Unfortunately it...
  9. USB WiFi adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB WiFi adaptor: I need to move my windows 10 desktop away from the router and need to use an USB WiFi adaptor to connect to the internet. I have an older Belkin F5D8053 but It wont download the drivers. Win10 recognises it but cant set it up. The latest Drivers on the Belkin Web Site are the...
  10. Activate USB network adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Activate USB network adaptor: I have bought and installed a USB network adaptor which has an aerial for better wi-fi reception. How do I tell the computer to use this one? I tried disabling the on-board adaptor but the computer then tells me no network access because there's no adaptor. The device...