Windows 10: SATA to USB Adapter - Drive Not Seen

Discus and support SATA to USB Adapter - Drive Not Seen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I have one of those newfangled SATA-to-USB adapters for internal hard drives. I have attempted to hook up two of them - one is a WD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by voxlumania, Aug 23, 2015.

1. SATA to USB Adapter - Drive Not Seen

Hi Guys,

I have one of those newfangled SATA-to-USB adapters for internal hard drives.

I have attempted to hook up two of them - one is a WD Caviar 500GB; another is a Seagate Barracuda 3000GB.

I am not able to see inside them. If I go to Windows 10 computer (disk) management, I can definitely see that Windows sees the drive (and puts it in Disk 1, showing online). It also shows me the drive partitions.

However, it doesn't tell me the file system on the partitions, and it doesn't give me any way to map drive letters to them. (most of the properties on each volume are greyed out; volumes show "Healthy (Primary Partition)" but do not have any drive letters attached.

On Windows 7, before the upgrade, this stuff worked.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

- Bill

:)

voxlumania, Aug 23, 2015

2. SATA WD spindel hard drive seen as USB Flash Drive

when I try to do a windows update on build 10074 it will not update with the error you cannt install windows on a usb flash drvie and the only option to close? What is set wrong? Even tried to run setup.exe from the release build version from USB/DVD and
    get the same error message

I searched the web and got USB Flash see as Hard drive not the other way around

PerryMcClintock, Aug 23, 2015
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    USB 3.0 External External Hard Dive

USB 3.0 should work fine unless its just a bad caddy.

Problem I've seen 2.5 older spinner drives is they want too much voltage and current for usb so you sometimes need to try a different usb port as some ports are high powered and some low powered. Or get an a/c powered dock which is ideal. Or one of the
    2.5 sata to usb adapters with 2 usb cables.

'Mike P, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

SATA to USB Adapter - Drive Not Seen

1. SATA to USB Adapter - Drive Not Seen - Similar Threads - SATA USB Adapter

2. Hard drive changed from 2TB to 59.46GB drive when using sata to usb adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive changed from 2TB to 59.46GB drive when using sata to usb adapter: I removed a 2tb ntfs hard drive from a desktop with power supply issues and attached it to a sata to usb adapter. I plugged the drive into another desktop but the 2tb ntfs drive now shows up as a 59.46gb exfat drive. The only data on this exfat drive looks like something from...
  3. Hard drive changed from 2TB to 59.46GB drive when using sata to usb adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive changed from 2TB to 59.46GB drive when using sata to usb adapter: I removed a 2tb ntfs hard drive from a desktop with power supply issues and attached it to a sata to usb adapter. I plugged the drive into another desktop but the 2tb ntfs drive now shows up as a 59.46gb exfat drive. The only data on this exfat drive looks like something from...
  4. SATA to USB-c adapter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA to USB-c adapter not working: Wanted to upgrade my 2 laptops and desktop hard drives to SSD. Bought 2 WD 500gb SSD's and a WD 1T SSD. Also bought a wavlink usb to sata adapter and used Macrium Reflec for cloning. Connected the first WD 500 to my Dell Inspiron Win 10 Home using Wavlink and proceeded to...
  5. SATA to USB-c adapter not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA to USB-c adapter not working: Wanted to upgrade my 2 laptops and desktop hard drives to SSD. Bought 2 WD 500gb SSD's and a WD 1T SSD. Also bought a wavlink usb to sata adapter and used Macrium Reflec for cloning. Connected the first WD 500 to my Dell Inspiron Win 10 Home using Wavlink and proceeded to...
  6. SATA to USB-c adapter not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. copying data to internal drive with sata adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copying data to internal drive with sata adapter: I have a 1tb hard drive. I have been having this problem for weeks. I cant copy the files to the desktop because it uses USB 2.0. I have to copy the files from the hard drive to a usb to sata adapter using my other desktop which has usb 3.0. The files are almost 200gb and are...
  8. Nook is seen as a USB drive

Nook is seen as a USB drive: Nook reset problem My Nook Color will not successfully go through the set up after going into a factory reset. After it asks to choose a time zone, it goes to network connections "Let's get connected" and shows our home network with strong signal. When you try to continue...
  9. Need to access a Linux SATA HD (connected via a USB 3.0 to SATA adapter)

Need to access a Linux SATA HD (connected via a USB 3.0 to SATA adapter): Hope this isn't outside of the Windows10 community!? I have a SATA HD (WD30EFRX 3.0TB) connected to a Windows 10 machine via an USB 3.0 to SATA adapter. Explorer will recognize the partitions but (obviously, as they are Linux) will not access. Is there an "easy" way to...
  10. HDD seen as USB flash drive

HDD seen as USB flash drive: I have inserted in my Win10 64bit PC, an HDD drive (physically), beside the old one, where I have OS installed. Everything is ok, except that my OS see this new HDD as USB stick, right down in system tray, as USB flash drive, and I can eject it by there ... which is not ok. I...