Windows 10: Sata to usb cable using my HDD on windows 10 is not recognized.

Discus and support Sata to usb cable using my HDD on windows 10 is not recognized. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a Sata to usb cable today, when i plug in my old SSD it comes up straight away. When I use it on my older HDD, it comes up as "no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShaneNT, Feb 7, 2019.

1. ShaneNT Win User

Sata to usb cable using my HDD on windows 10 is not recognized.

Hello, I bought a Sata to usb cable today, when i plug in my old SSD it comes up straight away. When I use it on my older HDD, it comes up as "no media" in disk management. I know it is working for sure because it was working in my old computer that was running windows 7. My SSD was running windows 7 too.

Would plugging it straight into my motherboard with sata cables be any different? I'm asking this because I am not home right now and was just wondering.

:)

ShaneNT, Feb 7, 2019

2. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Feb 7, 2019
  3. KenBombik Win User
    USB HDD driver??

Running HP ENVY 750-514 with Windows 10. Internal drive bays are full so am trying to use an external SATA 200Mb Samsung SP2004C drive connected through a USB 3.0 to SATA Hard Drive Adapter (drive has some old data I want to transfer). The drive is recognized
    in ControlPanelDevices but doesn't list in Windows Explorer, therefore it's not accessible.

Device properties list the device as SAMSUNG SP2004C SCSI Disk Device, and list driver details as using DISK.SYS, EhStorClass.sys, or partmgr.sys. But SCSI?? It's a SATA device??

Another drive connected through USB is recognized as Seagate FreeAgent USB Device, and list driver details as using the same three files.

Anyone suggestions please? Thanks.

KenBombik, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Sata to usb cable using my HDD on windows 10 is not recognized.

Boot into windows 10 loaded in SATA HDD connected through USB

Sir my desktop cpu has broken down but my internal sata HDD with genuine licensed windows 10 home pro is in perfect condition and right now I do not wish to invest in a new desktop but I want to keep my windows 10 OS uptodate. I tried updating my Windows
    10 OS by connecting the HDD to my laptop through usb cable but windows did not load. What are my options?

RajiveGupta, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Sata to usb cable using my HDD on windows 10 is not recognized.

1. Sata to usb cable using my HDD on windows 10 is not recognized. - Similar Threads - Sata usb cable

2. Booting from USB SATA HDD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booting from USB SATA HDD?: I just found my old HDD with Windows 7. I just plugged it into my current W10 PC (via USB-SATA adapter), i used EasyBCD and selected the drive letter of my W7HDD (G:) and added that as boot entry But when restarting, selecting the W7 entry, it shows me black screen, and no...
  3. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  4. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  5. Computer not recognizing android phone when connected using USB cable

Computer not recognizing android phone when connected using USB cable: HEY, I BOUGHT ASUS VIVOBOOK GAMING LAPTOP WINDOWS 10 A FEW DAYS AGO. WHEN I AM CONNECTING MY ANDROID PHONE TO THE PC , IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZES IT , BUT CHARGING IS ACTIVATED IN THE PHONE . EVERY OTHER DEVICE FLASH DRIVE , INPUT DEVICES [MOUSE,KEYBOARD] ARE BEING RECOGNIZED...
  6. How to move Windows 10 from HDD to SSD with one SATA cable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move Windows 10 from HDD to SSD with one SATA cable?: I have a PC with one HDD that has everything, the Windows 10 OS, games, files, etc. And I have one SSD that I’d like to use instead. But the PC has only one SATA power and data cable, meaning only one can be plugged at a time. How can I move just the WIndows 10 OS (no...
  7. SATA cables

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SATA cables: I just got my new SSD and i dont have a spare SATA cable. I dont live near a best buy or tech shop and ordering online would be a last resort. Im wondering if it is ok to borrow the SATA that connects my cd drive to my motherboard....
  8. USB port to Parallel cable not recognized

USB port to Parallel cable not recognized: My Epson printer had been working with an Epson Dot matrix printer using a Gagawire USP to Parallel cable but recent updates have cause this to not be recognized or a drive found. This is needed to print multipart invoices. I had been using with W10 and had not been having...
  9. PSU SATA Cable only (2) | 3 HDD

PSU SATA Cable only (2) | 3 HDD: Hi! Good day! I'm wondering how to use my 3RD HDD. My Generic PSU has only 2 SATA Power Cable. What should I do to be able to use the 3RD one? Is there an extension cables, splitter, etc.? Newbie, 105301
  10. USB3 HDD slower than ext laptop HDD USB2==>SATA cable

USB3 HDD slower than ext laptop HDD USB2==>SATA cable: Hi there WD passport (small self powered 2 TB USB3 drive) has appalling performance compared with an OLD laptop HDD that I connect via a USB2==>SATA cable to USB2 port. Same file (2GB mp4 video) copied to a directory on the SSD. External laptop HDD connected via...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sata to usb cable

2. windows 10 run on the ide hd is slower than the sata

3. sata to usb cable not working

4. windows 10 sata to usb,
  5. sata to usb adapter not working,
  6. windows sata usb cable,
  7. ssd recognized by sata but not usb,
  8. connect sp2004c drive to,
  9. how to access /read old files on DH using sebrent 3.0 to sata/ide hd adapter,
  10. sata hd to usb not found ?,
  11. problem connecting ide to sata using usb connection,
  12. sata to usb convertor not recognize on windows 10,
  13. HDD connected SATA USB adapter shows on windows 10 but will not properly mount,
  14. how to read hard disk from sata cable not show on systums,
  15. using sata3 usb