Windows 10: Save a screen clipping directly to file

Discus and support Save a screen clipping directly to file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any way in Windows 10 to select a selection of the screen and have it save directly to a jpg or bmp file? In effect exactly the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by theJamesAHill, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Save a screen clipping directly to file

Is there any way in Windows 10 to select a selection of the screen and have it save directly to a jpg or bmp file? In effect exactly the same functionality as the macOS cmd+shift+4. I don't want to open another program, I don't want to edit the image. I want to let go of the selection and immediately have the file on the desktop.

If Win10 has no native function, can anyone recommend an app?

:)

theJamesAHill, Feb 8, 2021

2. rar files opens directly without save

Hello friends,
    I've one query..
    by mistake i selected option "open this type of file directly" while downloading one rar file from my browser.

After than if i click on any rar file link or attachment in forum, regardless of size it opens directly without asking to save to any path option..

how to revert this change?

freebird_9924, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Pacobell Win User
    Can a windows clip in Screen Sketch be saved as a JPG file?

Can a Windows clip in Screen Sketch be saved as a JPG file? If it's going to replace the Snip tool this has to be an option.

Pacobell, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Save a screen clipping directly to file

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Save a screen clipping directly to file

1. Save a screen clipping directly to file - Similar Threads - Save screen clipping

2. saving files directly to desktop and not to "this PC"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    saving files directly to desktop and not to "this PC": I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and when want to save a PDF document it goes by default to save to "this PC." I want to be able to save it to the desktop by default as before not to "this PC." I was able to fix this with office documents using options. But I don't know how...
  3. saving files directly to desktop and not to "this PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saving files directly to desktop and not to "this PC": I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and when want to save a PDF document it goes by default to save to "this PC." I want to be able to save it to the desktop by default as before not to "this PC." I was able to fix this with office documents using options. But I don't know how...
  4. saving files directly to desktop and not to "this PC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen clip save location

Screen clip save location: Hi, I recently upgraded Windows version from 1909 to 20H2 and my snip and sketch pictures do no longer seem to be stored here: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\Temp Anyone know where it is stored now? Morten...
  6. Save Directly to deskthemepack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save Directly to deskthemepack: I use only deskthemepacks so that I can unzip them and edit if I feel the need. If memory serves, there used to be a way to save directly to themepacks instead of creating a theme, right clicking to save to themepack and deleting the theme. Is there any way to save directly...
  7. Screen Clipping

Screen Clipping: When using the snip tool, it no longer gives me an option to save. The clipping is on the clipboard, but it no longer gives a pop up option to save it to pictures. It was working fine last time I used it, and now it is not. How do I fix it, and why does stuff like that always...
  8. Can’t save/find my clips

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t save/find my clips: I can’t find any of my clips In my file I checked that all my settings aren’t messed up but it not saving submitted by /u/Zinonz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emyh00/cant_savefind_my_clips/
  9. how save clippings to desktop

how save clippings to desktop: how to save clippings to desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-save-clippings-to-desktop/8779834c-fb4d-4203-a224-fc6234fe7026"
  10. clip saving

clip saving: how can I save clips or record my gameplay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clip-saving/cac8c850-8c75-422d-80ce-96c15c1e0446