Windows 10: save and replace existing files

Discus and support save and replace existing files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Where do i change setting for saving all kind of files and replace them without getting a new copy? * Moved from Community Participation Center *... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nicodemo, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Nicodemo Win User

save and replace existing files

Where do i change setting for saving all kind of files and replace them without getting a new copy?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Previous posts suggest that the OS is Window 10

:)

Nicodemo, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Dec 19, 2020
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    setting for default action when replacing file

What @spunk posted is correct. However, @rtischer8277, what you posted looks like what happens when you download a file (app, song, pic, etc.) to your default Download folder (usually C:\Users\{user name}\Downloads) and that file already exists. The system will append (1), (2), (3) to distinguish it from the original or any other duplicates. I don't know of any way to change that behavior, perhaps someone else does.

f14tomcat, Dec 19, 2020
  4. SuzieHav Win User

Saving a File with Name of File that Already Exists

With Windows 10 on my PC, when I now save an amended document (example: a form that has now been e-signed by a client) to a filename that already exists, I am prompted to answer Yes or No to "replace existing file". I click yes. But, the newly save version
    of this file is never the new, amended version; instead, the file is the original version. How to fix this???!

SuzieHav, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

1. save and replace existing files - Similar Threads - save replace existing

2. Screenshots not saved? folder exists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots not saved? folder exists: MY SCREENSHOTS FOLDER IS NOT MISSING. there is just never anything in it when i use the print screen button. to be honest i dont understand this new way to snip things anyway, because after i draw an outline, the full tool disappears and theres no indicators at all that...
  3. Screenshots not saved? folder exists

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshots not saved? folder exists: MY SCREENSHOTS FOLDER IS NOT MISSING. there is just never anything in it when i use the print screen button. to be honest i dont understand this new way to snip things anyway, because after i draw an outline, the full tool disappears and theres no indicators at all that...
  4. How to rename file to name of existing one with replacing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rename file to name of existing one with replacing: When I use windows 11 file explorer for renaming file to some file name, which exists in current folder, system offers to rename to some other name adding number... In previous versions it was possible to choose replace existing file and finish task in one action. How can I...
  5. How to rename file to name of existing one with replacing

How to rename file to name of existing one with replacing: When I use windows 11 file explorer for renaming file to some file name, which exists in current folder, system offers to rename to some other name adding number... In previous versions it was possible to choose replace existing file and finish task in one action. How can I...
  6. Existing Desktop Replaced with new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Existing Desktop Replaced with new one: after a reboot, my laptop opened to a Desktop missing all my normal Icons about a dozen and now only contains a Recycle Bin. I have looked in the Recycle to see if a Desktop had been put there - no luck.I have gone to File Expl and found the executables for a couple of the...
  7. Existing Desktop Replaced with new one

Existing Desktop Replaced with new one: after a reboot, my laptop opened to a Desktop missing all my normal Icons about a dozen and now only contains a Recycle Bin. I have looked in the Recycle to see if a Desktop had been put there - no luck.I have gone to File Expl and found the executables for a couple of the...
  8. Existing Desktop Replaced with new one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. REPLACING EXISTING MOUSE WITH NEW ONE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    REPLACING EXISTING MOUSE WITH NEW ONE: My original 7 year old wireless HID mouse is annoyingly misbehaving although it still works so I have just bought a replacement wireless HID one by the same manufacturer but different model number. The mouse and keyboard are linked to my Windows system pc. I am using my old...
  10. Groove Music - will it replace existing metadata in local files?

Groove Music - will it replace existing metadata in local files?: I've done some very in-depth tagging on my local music library, so I want to make sure none of that work gets overwritten. I've just started using the Groove Music player and I see the following option: "Automatically retrieve and update missing album art and metadata"....