Windows 10: Save and Save As not working after recent update

Discus and support Save and Save As not working after recent update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I logged in to Windows this morning, and everything seems to have changed overnight. That's not a problem, except that now Save and Save As are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KrisMac4, Jun 3, 2019.

1. KrisMac4 Win User

Save and Save As not working after recent update

I logged in to Windows this morning, and everything seems to have changed overnight. That's not a problem, except that now Save and Save As are not working properly for all of my apps. I've tried several times to save files, and I get a couple of different errors:

- Check the filename, file not found (yet, I'm in the file, it is there, and I'm working in it, yet it won't save or save as)

- I don't have permission to save to a location (yet, I'm the administrator on the computer and should have access to save anywhere -- including the folder where the file is already open!)

- Project could not be saved. Access to the path is denied (yet, again, I'm already in a file that is open to that path that I was able to save to as late as last Friday -- today is Monday).

This is happening on all files -- Office and outside apps (the one that gave me that last error was Articulate Storyline 360). I can't seem to Save As for Office files, and I can't seem to Save any other type of files. And yet, when I saved in my root folder (my user folder is named "krist"), I was able to save... but only to that root folder and to no other sub-folders that lived within that folder.

:)

KrisMac4, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jun 3, 2019
  3. treefrog Win User
    fallout 3 games saves not working

hey, i just registered to confirm something. it seems i dont have a Fallout3.exe.cat *Eek! Save and Save As not working after recent update :eek: i'm using patch 1.6 so i dont know if that makes a difference.

i should point out though that im trying to load my saves from when i had no patches installed. so at this point in time i have old saves in the documents\mygames\fallout3\saves\username...

when i start fallout3 the continue and load options are blocked yet the saves are in the save folder. it seems i also cant sign in to live.

any help would be very appreciated as i was close to 100% completion but now have to start again *Frown Save and Save As not working after recent update :(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIXED!

thats rather strange, i put the new saves back into the save folder but this time put one of the old save alongside the new ones. this time i was able to sign in and load a save including the old one! i loaded it and then saved the game. although when it saved it contiued from the new save list.
    example:

old save list went from 01 to 88, the new save list which was started after the game was patched went from 01 to 11. i moved 88 into the save folder, loaded it and save the game and instead of being save 89 it actually saved as 12.

it still doesnt make sense that the old saves wouldn't just load though. oh well, hope this helps someone. also now i can play the dlc's continuing with lvl 20 *Stick Out Tongue Save and Save As not working after recent update :p

treefrog, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Save and Save As not working after recent update

web pg saving

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if webpage is not saved properly.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "1 suggestion was ctrl s the n ctrl a", how exactly have you tried to used the keyboard command for saving the webpages?

I suggest you to follow the steps to save the webpage on the computer and check if it helps.

1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser.

2. Right click on the webpage link and then click on Save target as
    and then save the webpage.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Save and Save As not working after recent update

1. Save and Save As not working after recent update - Similar Threads - Save Save working

2. Windows saved Credentials not working after the latest update!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows saved Credentials not working after the latest update!: Hi, After latest updates, my Windows 10 is asking for password for every site in Edge browser (even though it has saved passwords - worked fine prior to the update) and also for every Remote desktop connection even though I saved the credentials. Occasionally, keep getting...
  3. Save As is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As is not working: How do I get Save As to operate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-is-not-working/6717a3b5-df91-4fed-b2e0-df47344c43bd
  4. recent files I saved

recent files I saved: Using this Windows 10 Home see below. Rather than doing a monthly backup of all my files and folders to a flash drive ultra which takes forever I thought why not do it different way Rather than backing up files and folders I never make any changes to or having to keep a...
  5. saved work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    saved work: Quite frequently there is some kind of update and all of my saved work and passwords disappear. I am very frustrated and upset that it happens so often with no warning. Anything that is saved in my favourites disappears too. What is going on? how do I turn this off!!...
  6. saved work

saved work: I downloaded a word document from emails and saved it onto my device. I added information to the document and saved it going back to it and then adding more. after I had saved it I shut down my laptop. going back to the work 2 hours later and the file/document is nowhere on...
  7. after clicking on Save As there is no option to save

after clicking on Save As there is no option to save: I have an issue, all of a sudden clicking the "save as", won’t let me see a list of folders to choose from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-clicking-on-save-as-there-is-no-option-to/f614d9ef-9aea-47e3-b419-e89990f152aa"
  8. Open, Save dialogs not working after 1809 update.

Open, Save dialogs not working after 1809 update.: This is not so much a question as an observation to a previous question that went unanswered. I use high contrast due to eye problems. After Windows updated to build 1809 I could no longer open file dialog to open file location and if I open a document, could not open dialog...
  9. Saved work

Saved work: Dear Microsoft, I had a presentation and had saved it multiple times. Then 4th graders from my school logged on to their accounts, and now my work is gone. How do I get it back. Thank you Noah...
  10. MS "Save As" Function Recently started Working Differently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS "Save As" Function Recently started Working Differently: I have been using windows 10 for about a year with no significant problems. However, recently, when I go to "save as" in any MS file it no longer gives me the Explorer view of my various files. Instead I get the attached view to save my files. For all of my long time use...