Windows 10: "Save As..." completely freezes my PC

Discus and support "Save As..." completely freezes my PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This started in late February. Whenever I hit "Save as..." the dialogue box will not pop up, instead, everything freezes. I have searched online for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SongmakersCry, Mar 28, 2020.

1. "Save As..." completely freezes my PC

This started in late February.
    Whenever I hit "Save as..." the dialogue box will not pop up, instead, everything freezes.
    I have searched online for solutions, and even asked in a few forums, but nothing helps.
    I have run sfc /scannow several times, but there are never any errors.
    I have booted my PC in safe mode. There was no issue with the freezing problem when I did this, but sometimes the problem doesn't happen right away while in normal mode. So, I don't know if that means anything.
    I have run different spyware / malware / virus scans... nothing!
    My windows version is 1909.
    Please help me!

:)

SongmakersCry, Mar 28, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond "Save As..." completely freezes my PC :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 28, 2020
  3. PC Keeps Freezing At Completely Random Times

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I suggest you to disable the third party security software (if any installed) temporarily and check if it is cause to issue.

Disable Antivirus:

Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you
    should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if you are able to fix the issue.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the System maintenance
    troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue:

Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all
      on the left navigation pane.

• Click on System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the
      System maintenance
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      System maintenance troubleshooter.

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Also, please refer to the link by Andre Da Costa on Windows 10 freeze which gives suggestions on how to troubleshoot on this scenario.

Windows 10 Installation Freeze

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Maria Fab Win User

"Save As..." completely freezes my PC

Windows 10 complete freeze

Hello Ferdian,

The most common reasons why a computer freeze are memory upgrade issues, corrupted hard drive, too many applications running at the same time, outdated drivers, software or hardware conflicts, virus, or hardware failure. To assist you better, may we know
    the PC's specification summary? Please feel free to fill out the following:

• Processor (details)
    • Graphic Processing Unit
    • Type of hard drive (HDD/SSD) and size
    • RAM size and frequency

Meanwhile, you may perform the suggested steps in this article on how to help improve the performance of your
    computer. Click on Show all, and follow the instructions provided.

Get back to us with the response for further assistance.

Maria Fab, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

"Save As..." completely freezes my PC

1. "Save As..." completely freezes my PC - Similar Threads - Save completely freezes

2. My PC completely freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC completely freezes: Recently my whole PC freezes for no reason and at a random time, It happens an amount of 2-3 times per day. My PC It's not overheating, has no viruses and It doesn't have dust inside. This freezes are instantly, the screen and all stay the same but nothing works, basically a...
  3. My PC completely freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC completely freezes: Recently my whole PC freezes for no reason and at a random time, It happens an amount of 2-3 times per day. My PC It's not overheating, has no viruses and It doesn't have dust inside. This freezes are instantly, the screen and all stay the same but nothing works, basically a...
  4. My Pc freezes completely mostly random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc freezes completely mostly random: Hey guys,I did everything in my power to solve this problem. I disassembled my complete pc, cleaned it and builded it back together. Updated the BIOS and all Drivers, reinstalled Windows as a fresh new system, disabled TPM, activated TPM, took a look at my energy settings but...
  5. My Pc freezes completely mostly random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc freezes completely mostly random: Hey guys,I did everything in my power to solve this problem. I disassembled my complete pc, cleaned it and builded it back together. Updated the BIOS and all Drivers, reinstalled Windows as a fresh new system, disabled TPM, activated TPM, took a look at my energy settings but...
  6. My PC freezes completely after i do " REFRESH "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC freezes completely after i do " REFRESH ": My PC freezes on Desktop after i do " REFRESH " *RIGHT CLICK & REFRESH ON DESKTOP* and it wont work anymore ? this never happened to me before it started yesterday and today any Solution ? i checked everything on my setup everything is good and i dont know whats going on it...
  7. My PC freezes completely after i do " REFRESH "

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC freezes completely after i do " REFRESH ": My PC freezes on Desktop after i do " REFRESH " *RIGHT CLICK & REFRESH ON DESKTOP* and it wont work anymore ? this never happened to me before it started yesterday and today any Solution ? i checked everything on my setup everything is good and i dont know whats going on it...
  8. My PC Completely Freezes I need help PLZ

My PC Completely Freezes I need help PLZ: Ok so, i'm making this twice again because i really need help. My PC kept freezing while i was idling like 1 - 2 times a day. Cursor won't move, Date and Time would froze, CTRL + ALT + DELETE wouldn't work. I really need help. I downloaded fresh Windows and i started getting...
  9. My PC Completely Freezes

My PC Completely Freezes: Hello, i have a big big problem with my PC, my PC freezes sometimes and it doesn't even work. The PC is working but cursor isn't moving, CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work. Nothing works on it! I don't know what to do so please if you can help me. I'll appreaciate it. Thank you!!...
  10. Pc crashes / freezes up completely

Pc crashes / freezes up completely: A few months / weeks ago my pc startet freezing up completely, i get no error codes no nothing. It just stops and freezes. Microsoft's support service is to no help what so ever, therefor im resulting to this forum. Ill post any logs needed, the problem has gotten bad lately,...