Windows 10: save as (default)_

Discus and support save as (default)_ in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Dear Sir... My respect I don't know what happen but since a while when I "SAVE AS" an image it became with extention: .jfif I was before .jpg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by firas2013, Jun 8, 2019.

1. firas2013 Win User

save as (default)_

Hi Dear Sir...

My respect

I don't know what happen but since a while when I "SAVE AS" an image it became with extention: .jfif

I was before .jpg

How i make win10 return to that "save as" default : .jpg

Many thanks

:)

firas2013, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jun 8, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done save as (default)_ :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 8, 2019
  4. save as (default)_

Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response.

From your recent description, it seems like the issue is confined to Word documents. If true, then follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Launch Word application.
    • Go to File Menu and select Options.
    • In the pop-up dialog box, towards the left pane, select Save.
    • Under Default location file, browse the location you want to save.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

save as (default)_

1. save as (default)_ - Similar Threads - save default

2. Changed Save As Default Location but Name of New Location is Wrong

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changed Save As Default Location but Name of New Location is Wrong: I changed the Save As Default location of my Documents folder to my D:\ drive, but the location now shows up as "D:\" and not "Documents." See screenshot below. Libraries are fine, but I can't seem to find how to change the name of this folder to the proper "Documents."...
  3. windows 10 1809 os Build 17763.404 windows 10 default apps not saving

windows 10 1809 os Build 17763.404 windows 10 default apps not saving: Hi, When I try to set a new "Default App" for a certain file type or protocol (eg: .txt,.Jpg, files) to be opened in, Windows does not save the setting and keeps resetting it to the system default. I have tried multiple ways of applying the new settings: Right click the...
  4. How to change Print Screen to default in JPG Format when saving to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Print Screen to default in JPG Format when saving to OneDrive?: When I press the PrtSc (Print Screen) key in Windows 10 it save a Screenshot in my "OneDrive\Pictures\Screenshots" folder as a PNG. I want it to save as a JPG....
  5. We couldn't set your default save location

in Windows 10 Support
    We couldn't set your default save location: I have a ssd (C)drive with my os & a hdd (D)drive for storage. In settings-system-storage-change where new content is saved I was able to change everything I wanted to my (D)drive with the exception of new photos & videos I keep getting an error code 0x80070005 saying this...
  6. We couldn't set your default save location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    We couldn't set your default save location: I have a ssd (C)drive with my os & a hdd (D)drive for storage. In settings-system-storage-change where new content is saved I was able to change everything I wanted to my (D)drive with the exception of new photos & videos I keep getting an error code 0x80070005 saying this...
  7. Default Save Location and Location Tab

Default Save Location and Location Tab: Default Save Location allows you to change which drive information is store on. But there is already a Location tab in folder properties to do that. You may need to streamline the default save location so you can do the same thing in Control Panel....
  8. New install, OS on ssd, cant get installations to default save on hdd drive.

New install, OS on ssd, cant get installations to default save on hdd drive.: i recently installed windows on my ssd (just a small one), and was going to add 2 hdds, i changed the default save locations to the letter corrilating to one of the hdd, but every time i try to install anything it still trys to save them on the ssd. Any solutions?...
  9. Saving file location defaults

Saving file location defaults: So specifically with PDF files. When I do a "save as" or sign with a digital signature, it brings up the explorer window. The explorer window opens to the file location of the last file I saved a PDF in. I would like explorer to default the the folder the file I am working...
  10. Can't change the default disk for saving new programs. Now I can't get into regedit.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change the default disk for saving new programs. Now I can't get into regedit.: I was attempting to change the default disc for saving all new programs from C to D (SSD to HDD), and after changing ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir from C to D and having no luck (none of the installed programs could be found), and reverting, attempted to change...