Windows 10: Save-as Dialog Box not showing any thumbnails

Discus and support Save-as Dialog Box not showing any thumbnails in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I was trying to save an image from the internet and my fingers slipped on a key. Since then every time the save-as box opens, where the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by r15h1, Sep 5, 2015.

1. r15h1 Win User

Save-as Dialog Box not showing any thumbnails

Hi, I was trying to save an image from the internet and my fingers slipped on a key. Since then every time the save-as box opens, where the files should show, it is just grey. I will attach a picture to show the issue. Could someone please assist me in getting back the thumbnails which should show where the grey bit is.

Thanks

:)

r15h1, Sep 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 Unable to Set Picture in Background

I am able to save as background, but it does not appear in the background itself, only under the thumbnails in the list of photos to pick from in the dialog to personalize the desktop. If I either choose a picture via the personalize property of the desktop,
    or via the context menu of a picture the result is the same: the background remains a solid color and only the thumbnails in the dialog boxes change.

Donald L.Ensley II, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Why does my computer want to Save images by Default as th.jpg?

Why th.jpg? Because you're trying to save thumbnails from Bing which names them all th.jpg, simple.

When you hover over any thumbnail Bing shows you a tooltip that says you can click to View source image. So view the actual source image from the originating site and then save it and your browser's Save dialog will duly display whatever the original file
    name is.

RobertJWin, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Usually you can simply hide or show the folders from the link at bottom left in Save As dialog:

Save-as Dialog Box not showing any thumbnails [​IMG]

Save-as Dialog Box not showing any thumbnails [​IMG]

In your case though I am not sure if this is the case because although your folders are hidden, the dialog in your screenshot is showing the Hide folders link when it should show Show folders.

Kari, Sep 5, 2015
  5. r15h1 Win User
    Hi, I have clicked both hide folder and browse folder and it just shows the same grey box. The picture I uploaded is the one where I have clicked browse folders so it should show the thumbnails but it doesn't.

r15h1, Sep 5, 2015
  6. tomh516 Win User
    having a similar issue with Windows 7 - any luck resolving?

tomh516, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Save-as Dialog Box not showing any thumbnails - Similar Threads - Save Dialog Box

2. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  3. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  4. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. No thumbnail in Open Dialog Box of image files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No thumbnail in Open Dialog Box of image files: Recently, opening image files will not show a thumbnail of the actual photo, but a generic picture icon. I have not changed any default image settings.....
  6. No thumbnail in Open Dialog Box of image files

in Windows 10 Customization
    No thumbnail in Open Dialog Box of image files: Recently, opening image files will not show a thumbnail of the actual photo, but a generic picture icon. I have not changed any default image settings.....
  7. No thumbnail in Open Dialog Box of image files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Save As + Browse Dialog Box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As + Browse Dialog Box: I have Windows 10 and have recently noticed a change in the “Save As” “Browse” dialog box. The dialog box used to open with the File tree on the left side. Now it opens with a list of: Author, Type, Title, etc. How can I change this dialog box back to the previous version?...
  9. Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...: New 4 Months Lennovo legion laptop with Win10 64 bit pre-installed. As indicated, the file/open file/save dialog boxes do not work for any 32 bit applications. This includes Office applications/Acrobat/Garmin/etc. Dialog boxes do work for 64 bit applications. 1 I have...
  10. Dialog Box Save/Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialog Box Save/Open: When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved in the drop down list? I...