Windows 10: "Save As" does not obey my "double click" setting, but other file explore works properly...

Discus and support "Save As" does not obey my "double click" setting, but other file explore works properly... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have my File Explorer settings adjusted to use a double click to open a folder, and it always works properly EXCEPT when I am using the "save as"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KathZ, Nov 14, 2018.

1. KathZ Win User

"Save As" does not obey my "double click" setting, but other file explore works properly...

I have my File Explorer settings adjusted to use a double click to open a folder, and it always works properly EXCEPT when I am using the "save as" command. Whenever I attempt to "Save as," a single click opens folders. This often causes my second click to select a random file in the folder, which subsequently causes my file's name to change to the name of that random file. When I fail to notice, this causes me to lose files, because the file I am saving replaces that randomly selected file in the folder. Please help.

:)

KathZ, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

File Saving

We'd like to know the current build and version of your Windows 10. To check, press the Windows key, type
    winver, and press the Enter key. If possible, we'd also like to see a screenshot of your file explorer while attempting to save a file.

Meanwhile, as our initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you enable Windows Search service to run a repair on the File History tool to see if there will be any changes. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R to open Run > Type Service.msc.
    • Double-click on Windows Search > If it's disabled, set it to
      Automatic.
    • Click on Apply > Then choose OK.

Get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 14, 2018
  4. "Save As" does not obey my "double click" setting, but other file explore works properly...

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

"Save As" does not obey my "double click" setting, but other file explore works properly...

1. "Save As" does not obey my "double click" setting, but other file explore works properly... - Similar Threads - Save does obey

2. my file explorer view settings are not working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my file explorer view settings are not working properly.: I have my view settings in file explorer set to be compact and to not show checkboxes, but they are not showing up properly.I've tried to upload a picture, but the upload keeps failing. please advise...
  3. Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...

Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...: Highlighting of text does not work properly -- I have the same issues as the one already identified in this forum. Problems started with Windows 10. If I use my mouse to highlight, it doesn't highlight the whole area, or drops part of it or all of it. If I use my laptop mouse...
  4. Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Highlighting of text does not work properly and mouse double clicking when only clicked...: Highlighting of text does not work properly -- I have the same issues as the one already identified in this forum. Problems started with Windows 10. If I use my mouse to highlight, it doesn't highlight the whole area, or drops part of it or all of it. If I use my laptop mouse...
  5. File explorer does not work properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer does not work properly: Whenever I try to open a folder using file explorer, it opens another file explorer tab without taking me to the actual folder.I've already tried updating Windows, restarting PC and file explorer, checking for corrupted files, but the problem still persists.Here's a video of...
  6. File explorer does not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer does not work properly: Whenever I try to open a folder using file explorer, it opens another file explorer tab without taking me to the actual folder.I've already tried updating Windows, restarting PC and file explorer, checking for corrupted files, but the problem still persists.Here's a video of...
  7. File explorer does not work properly

8. Set Double Click of Office files in Explorer to "View online"?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Set Double Click of Office files in Explorer to "View online"?: I'm setting up Office 365 with syncing to local folders for those that have a workflow that requires Explorer instead of navigating files and folder in SharePoint/Teams. I'm also testing how to use ONLY the online version of Office. I found that I can right click an Office...
  9. Set Double Click of Office files in Explorer to "View online"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Double Click of Office files in Explorer to "View online"?: I'm setting up Office 365 with syncing to local folders for those that have a workflow that requires Explorer instead of navigating files and folder in SharePoint/Teams. I'm also testing how to use ONLY the online version of Office. I found that I can right click an Office...
  10. double clicking on a file in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    double clicking on a file in file explorer: when I double click on a file in file explorer the file comes up and so does a blank file in Word. How can I stop the empty file from coming up?...