Windows 10: "Save as..." doesn't work

Discus and support "Save as..." doesn't work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I try to use the "Save as..." command -- either for an Office 2007 file or when downloading files from the web -- I get a "Working on it"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rupestris, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Rupestris Win User

"Save as..." doesn't work

Whenever I try to use the "Save as..." command -- either for an Office 2007 file or when downloading files from the web -- I get a "Working on it" message and can do nothing. Then, after a very, very long wait, I can enter the name of the file to save to. Once I am allowed to enter the file name, saving appears to proceed normally. This is a fairly recent development with Windows 10.

Is there a diagnosis? A fix?

:)

Rupestris, Jan 3, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

"Save as..." doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

1. "Save as..." doesn't work - Similar Threads - Save doesn't

2. Windows doesn't see me as administrator and won't let me fix my clock for daylight savings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't see me as administrator and won't let me fix my clock for daylight savings: This is a new computer I bought in November of 2023 I've had no issues until the time change. My time zone is UTC -08:00 and my clock will not observe daylight savings. I tried to change my time zone but it just says I have no admin access when I was the only account on my...
  3. Windows doesn't see me as administrator and won't let me fix my clock for daylight savings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows doesn't see me as administrator and won't let me fix my clock for daylight savings: This is a new computer I bought in November of 2023 I've had no issues until the time change. My time zone is UTC -08:00 and my clock will not observe daylight savings. I tried to change my time zone but it just says I have no admin access when I was the only account on my...
  4. automatic saving of screenshots in OneDrive doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic saving of screenshots in OneDrive doesn't work anymore: Hi.till recent, i was able to push the print screen button on my pc to take a full screen screenshot of the window and all of my screenshots saved into my Picture >Screenshots folder automatically. But I think due to the recent updates, whenever I press the print screen...
  5. automatic saving of screenshots in OneDrive doesn't work anymore

automatic saving of screenshots in OneDrive doesn't work anymore: Hi.till recent, i was able to push the print screen button on my pc to take a full screen screenshot of the window and all of my screenshots saved into my Picture >Screenshots folder automatically. But I think due to the recent updates, whenever I press the print screen...
  6. Monitor Refresh Rate doesn't save after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Refresh Rate doesn't save after restart: I have a laptop with either 60 Hz or 360 Hz. I used CRU Custom Resolution Utility to add another supported resolution, with a refresh rate in the "middle" at 240 Hz. My reasons for this are that I can't get a high enough framerate to use 360 Hz, and there is considerably less...
  7. Monitor Refresh Rate doesn't save after restart

Monitor Refresh Rate doesn't save after restart: I have a laptop with either 60 Hz or 360 Hz. I used CRU Custom Resolution Utility to add another supported resolution, with a refresh rate in the "middle" at 240 Hz. My reasons for this are that I can't get a high enough framerate to use 360 Hz, and there is considerably less...
  8. Windows 11 doesn't save specific app location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't save specific app location: I recently noticed an issue where my riot client is opening smaller then normal and half outside my monitor. It is only happening with this application, but the app doesn't have any settings for me to change. I'm starting to think it's a windows problem because it occurred...
  9. Windows 11 doesn't save specific app location

Windows 11 doesn't save specific app location: I recently noticed an issue where my riot client is opening smaller then normal and half outside my monitor. It is only happening with this application, but the app doesn't have any settings for me to change. I'm starting to think it's a windows problem because it occurred...
  10. All of a sudden when I go to download a file the "save as box doesn't come up..file goes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of a sudden when I go to download a file the "save as box doesn't come up..file goes...: When I try to SAVE As a file..normally I right click or control save and "save as" comes up and I can pick which folder I want file to be saved in. Now when I write click just the phrase save as comes up..I click it and I have no idea where file goes. If I click the download...