Windows 10: "Save as..." doesn't work

Discus and support "Save as..." doesn't work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I try to use the "Save as..." command -- either for an Office 2007 file or when downloading files from the web -- I get a "Working on it"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rupestris, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Rupestris Win User

"Save as..." doesn't work

Whenever I try to use the "Save as..." command -- either for an Office 2007 file or when downloading files from the web -- I get a "Working on it" message and can do nothing. Then, after a very, very long wait, I can enter the name of the file to save to. Once I am allowed to enter the file name, saving appears to proceed normally. This is a fairly recent development with Windows 10.

Is there a diagnosis? A fix?

:)

Rupestris, Jan 3, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

"Save as..." doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

1. "Save as..." doesn't work - Similar Threads - Save doesn't

2. OneDrive Doesn't Open on Start-up and Doesn't Save Changes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Doesn't Open on Start-up and Doesn't Save Changes: OneDrive doesn't start when I turn on my computer - I have to open it manually. I go to this site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/onedrive/download and click on "start onedrive". If I open a file in one drive double click it autosave is not on. If I turn on...
  3. Trimmed video doesn't save at correct framerate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trimmed video doesn't save at correct framerate: When trimming a video on either the Photos or Movies & TV apps, the new video doesn't preserve the framerate of the original video; it seems to go down to 30 fps. The Photos app would be really great for trimming short video game clips usually at 60fps or greater without...
  4. Windows 10 doesn't save user setting for a hot key for input languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 doesn't save user setting for a hot key for input languages: After restart any laptop Windows 7/10 always resets hotkey settings for languages. Please check this issue and fix in additional a windows update. [ATTACH]...
  5. Computer doesn't save user profiles -- they have to be recreated and prepare windows every...

Computer doesn't save user profiles -- they have to be recreated and prepare windows every...: Multiple people can normally log on to this computer and have accounts on a network domain. This computer doesn't save any new accounts. It just creates a temporary user file. Also, the Start button doesn't work....
  6. Ultime Word Games - Saved progress but doesn't show progress on the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultime Word Games - Saved progress but doesn't show progress on the game: Hello. I am playing Ultimate Word Games on my PC and I have compelted a number of levels approx. 25 however when I loaded it today I noticed that the game had reset back to level 1. When I clicked on level 1 it told me that the game was complete and allowed me to click...
  7. When I save a file to my desktop, it doesn't actually appear ON the desktop until after...

When I save a file to my desktop, it doesn't actually appear ON the desktop until after...: So I have a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. I have been using Windows 10 for a while now but on a different laptop and never had that problem and it's gotten me stumped. I saved a couple of files to my Desktop folder. The files do show in Windows Explorer as being in the...
  8. New PC setup, Doesn't allow me to save files without Internet!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New PC setup, Doesn't allow me to save files without Internet!: Bought a brand new Dell laptop and powered it up. It asked me a question at the beginning when setting up for the first time "Do you want to use OneDrive to back up your files? ..." I thought it was cool and said "Yes". Everything was fine. Only later I discovered that...
  9. Third Sticky Note doesn't save and open with Windows

Third Sticky Note doesn't save and open with Windows: Hello, I've had some temporarily important numbers and lists that I've been keeping in Sticky notes as of recently. I had two different categories of information, and two separate sticky notes for each. Two days ago I added a third note to the two I'd had open previously...
  10. When I save a contact name, it doesn't display when I send an email to them?

When I save a contact name, it doesn't display when I send an email to them?: When I save a contact name, it doesn't display when I send an email to them. Rather, it just displays their email address as the "Name". Other contacts seem to work, but I have one or two that seem to persist in not showing up when I send emails to them. But, when I look...