Windows 10: Save-as errors on NAS drive - files duplicated

Discus and support Save-as errors on NAS drive - files duplicated in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro system with Word 365, and files saved on NAS drive. “User” folders have also been “moved” so they point to the NAS device. On the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by robmar0se, Nov 21, 2018.

1. robmar0se Win User

Save-as errors on NAS drive - files duplicated

Windows 10 Pro system with Word 365, and files saved on NAS drive. “User” folders have also been “moved” so they point to the NAS device. On the host system the NAS device has been mapped as the Z drive. In other words when opening “My Docs” it looks at the folder/files stored on the NAS. These folders are also defined as shared so that another system has rights to read/write to the same folders.

When a document is “Saved As”, currently the document is saved as it should be with a new name where it should be saved. It also creates duplicate entries in a folder called “#recycle” (if it doesn't exist it creates this folder), one file with the same saved-as name, and another temp file given a random alpha/numeric name. Both entries in the #recycle subfolder are “blank”. It also creates the wrong link in the Word “recent docs” list pointing to the item in the #recycle folder.

Another PC using Windows 7 + Office 2007, can access these shared folders, however the “save-as” function creates the same problem.

There are no issues with the standard “save” function.

Other info; I7 system with 6 GB ram with Raid 1- 2 x 1GB NAS. NAS Synology ds216j 6.1. Using McAfee AV.

Networking/Word/Windows issue? Any suggestions?

:)

robmar0se, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Peters48 Win User

RPC error: cannot connect to NAS drive

Since upgrading from Win7(64) to Win10(64), I have been unable to connect to my NAS drive (\\NET_DRIVE). While I can see the drive in windows for mapping a drive, File Explorer and Network Sharing, when I try to map the drive, I get the following error:
    \\NET_DRIVE is not accessible.... A remote procedure call (RPC) protocol error occurred.

• The NAS drive is connected to my WiFi router, not to a remote computer.
    • The user profile I'm using has administrative rights
    • This problem did not occur when running Windows 7. It started when I upgraded to Windows 10
    How can I fix this so I can access my NAS drive?

Peters48, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Nov 21, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

StarTech Announces USB Drive Duplicator

StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts, has announced the release of a new USB Flash Drive Duplicator and Eraser (SKU: USBDUP15), a portable solution for simultaneously copying one USB flash drive to up to five USB flash drives at speeds of up to 1.5GB per minute or securely erasing up to six flash drives. The duplicator is the most compact of its kind on the market, ideal for users who need a portable way to distribute data from a single flash drive onto many, or completely remove content from multiple flash drives simultaneously.

"StarTech.com's USB Flash Drive Duplicator can boost productivity and save time for IT and Marketing professionals who need to constantly generate multiple software and marketing collateral distributions while they're away from the office" said Juliet Wei, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com. "Compared to traditional CDs or DVDs, USB flash drives provide a more cost-effective and convenient way to distribute files and information. The USB Flash Drive Duplicator can drastically reduce the time needed to create multiple copies, which is extremely useful for many industries, including IT professionals who need to deploy operating system files or software, or make quick data backups, or for marketing professionals who distribute content using flash drives."

Save-as  errors on NAS drive - files duplicated 25a_thm.jpg

Save-as  errors on NAS drive - files duplicated 25b_thm.jpg

Save-as  errors on NAS drive - files duplicated 25c_thm.jpg

Features of the USB Flash Drive Duplicator and Eraser (USBDUP15), include:
    • Supports USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 Flash Drives
    • 1:5 standalone duplication with 2 duplication modes
    • Erase up to 6 USB flash drives with single-pass and multi-pass overwriting/DoD erasing
    • High-speed duplication at 1.5GB per minute
    • TAA compliant
    • Built-in LCD display
    • Check drive capacity, quality and speed with intuitive task management
    • Supports Asynchronous, Synchronous copy modes, for quick batch swapping with 64 MB of internal memory
    MSRP for StarTech.com's USB Flash Drive Duplicator and Eraser (SKU: USBDUP15) is £580.00 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK. The drive dock will be available from Insight, Misco, Amazon.co.uk and Dabs and is also distributed by Enta, Ingram Micro and Exertis Micro-P.

For more information, visit this page.

btarunr, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Save-as errors on NAS drive - files duplicated - Similar Threads - Save errors NAS

2. Files created and saved on NAS can't be modified afterwards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files created and saved on NAS can't be modified afterwards: Error: The document could not be saved. The file may be read only, or opened by another user. Please save the document with a different name. Problem: Created the document and saved it to the NAS. If I close the program that created it and then reopen the file a minute later,...
  3. Files created and saved on NAS can't be modified afterwards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files created and saved on NAS can't be modified afterwards: Error: The document could not be saved. The file may be read only, or opened by another user. Please save the document with a different name. Problem: Created the document and saved it to the NAS. If I close the program that created it and then reopen the file a minute later,...
  4. Files created and saved on NAS can't be modified afterwards

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Are Files Duplicated in One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Files Duplicated in One Drive: I hope this is a simple question with a simple answer. I have been using One Drive as a file backup, primarily my photos right now. In the One Drive Documents folder there is a Camera Roll folder and several folders where all the photos are organized by Event. For example,...
  6. Are Files Duplicated in One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Files Duplicated in One Drive: I hope this is a simple question with a simple answer. I have been using One Drive as a file backup, primarily my photos right now. In the One Drive Documents folder there is a Camera Roll folder and several folders where all the photos are organized by Event. For example,...
  7. duplicate One Drive files

duplicate One Drive files: I have two drives in my HP desktop. One is an SSD with the OS. The other is a disk drive with my data. I have One Drive on the data drive with my documents and pictures. However, for some reason, there is another One Drive folder with the same files on the SSD under...
  8. Nas drive

Nas drive: Cannot now access my WD live duo after update to 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nas-drive/229f433c-49bb-4c92-9cdd-40da8b3be53b"
  9. Viewing NAS drive files on windows 10

Viewing NAS drive files on windows 10: G'day. Have a little problem viewing files on my NAS drives. Long story short, I'll got a couple of NAS drives on my home network that I use for backup, storage and coping files between my computers. Ended up with a windows 10 laptop the other day and I wanted to transfer...
  10. Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer: Hello! It's the same as before, I thought I'd fixed it. I performed a restore from before the Windows Update on the 20th October. The duplicate drives had gone, however I could run any office programs. Excell said not enough memory when I opened it, I have 6gb. Word...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. duplicate entries in #recycle