Windows 10: Save As File Arrangement

Discus and support Save As File Arrangement in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 1903 Working on a ThinkPad laptop - How do I switch back to a normal layout when trying to save a file as something else in my downloads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jdcantrell8, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Save As File Arrangement

Windows 10 1903 Working on a ThinkPad laptop - How do I switch back to a normal layout when trying to save a file as something else in my downloads folder? ie I want the layout to look the same as it does in the desktop or documents folder....alphabetically, not by creation date.

:)

jdcantrell8, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Save As File Arrangement

issues with auto arrange of files

Hi,

I would like to inform you that this issue may arise when the file sort ordered are not sorted accordingly. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

• As a work around, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Right click on the folder where these files are saved.

• Click on Sort by and select Name and check if that helps.
    You may also check the file size of each document, as there might be chances for you to put at least one extra character, which will lead to the increase in the file size.

If the issue still persists, Please do get back to us with the below information.

• Which is the current build installed on the computer?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Did you make any changes to the folder stings recently?
    Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Save As File Arrangement

1. Save As File Arrangement - Similar Threads - Save File Arrangement

2. New saved files to desktop re-arranges the icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New saved files to desktop re-arranges the icons: Everytime I save a new file to the desktop, the icon for the file places itself in the top left spot and re-arranges the existing order. -I have unchecked the "Auto arrange icons" options. -The "Allow themes to change dektop icons" boc is also unchecked. -All the Display...
  3. New saved files to desktop re-arranges the icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New saved files to desktop re-arranges the icons: Everytime I save a new file to the desktop, the icon for the file places itself in the top left spot and re-arranges the existing order. -I have unchecked the "Auto arrange icons" options. -The "Allow themes to change dektop icons" boc is also unchecked. -All the Display...
  4. Arranging files in order in a Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Arranging files in order in a Folder: Hello, On WIndows 10 I am trying to send a manuscript to a publisher. I have a folder already on the desktop and my word documents 30 of them that must be shown in the correct order that I have copied them into the Folder. I tried this yesterday but on the 4th attempt of...
  5. File Arrangement

File Arrangement: How do I manually change the order of files in a folder? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-arrangement/3d707450-b677-493b-b594-e822985a3c39
  6. Auto Arrange Files

Auto Arrange Files: [ATTACH] I recently installed a batch file for including auto-arrange filesdetail view in my view panel as it was not included in the updated version of windows 10. After installing I am able to manually arrange the files but it messes with my windows dark or white theme....
  7. Desktop icon arrangement not saving after restart.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon arrangement not saving after restart.: Hi, every time i rearrange desktop icon after restarting or shutting down it keeps back for the previous arrangement. My problem is same as this Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving I already use the autofix it works but only one time use....
  8. auto arrange for files

auto arrange for files: how do u turn off auto arrange for files in a given folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-arrange-for-files/adb546c5-6a10-4206-836b-87de3e033609"
  9. Arranging music files for streaming

Arranging music files for streaming: Hope someone can help with this one - probably an easy fix. I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 on our PC and ever since then my internet radio which streams tracks from the PC has started sorting the albums and the tracks into alphabetica order instead of the order they...
  10. File arrangement on-screen with Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    File arrangement on-screen with Explorer: I originally had this problem on a Win machine and it was solved by someone called Brix??? I need to be able to move a thumbnail of a file (usually of a photo) ini the usual panel in Explorer. But if I drag and drop, the file merely goes back to its original place. Brix...