Windows 10: Save as in Windows 10 Excel

Discus and support Save as in Windows 10 Excel in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was used to using save as to create a different worksheet without altering the worksheet from which I was copying. How can I do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gordon Sinclair, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Save as in Windows 10 Excel

I was used to using save as to create a different worksheet without altering the worksheet from which I was copying. How can I do this?

:)

Gordon Sinclair, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Alden Rey Win User

excel not auto recovering and manually saving

Hi,

The concern you have encountered with Excel not auto saving may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

May we ask if you have 3rd party software running when using Excel? If yes, we suggest to temporarily disable it to isolate the issue.

Any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps and did you get any error messages?

You can turn-on the auto save option by the following steps:

• Open Excel
    • Go to File then Options
    • Under Save option, check the 'Save AutoRecovery information in every' option
    the best way to check when auto save is disabled is to hover over the toggle and read the reason that the popup tool tip identifies. Simply follow the steps provided in this

article

According to this
    article
    the autosave function will be disabled when the file is in the old file format .xls.

Kindly keep us posted with the results.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 27, 2019
  3. LizMummy Win User
    Windows 10. I can't save an excel sheet

So I've created a small, very simple excel spreadsheet. Click Save As. It produces a list of destinations including Documents, Desktop etc. I click on documents and get precisely nothing. No error message. No co-operation. Any suggestions?

LizMummy, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Save as in Windows 10 Excel

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Save as in Windows 10 Excel

1. Save as in Windows 10 Excel - Similar Threads - Save Excel

2. I'm not able to save my excel file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm not able to save my excel file: I'm not able to save my excel file.I need a live person to talk to. Is there a phone number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-able-to-save-my-excel-file/e7d641d3-234f-4576-9ec6-91cc85e14e78
  3. I'm not able to save my excel file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm not able to save my excel file: I'm not able to save my excel file.I need a live person to talk to. Is there a phone number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-able-to-save-my-excel-file/e7d641d3-234f-4576-9ec6-91cc85e14e78
  4. My outlook emails/word/excel and pdfs wont save to a folder using the dialogue box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My outlook emails/word/excel and pdfs wont save to a folder using the dialogue box: Hi All First time poster so forgive any errors I make please. My outlook worked fine last week up until I left the office on Wedesday 17th. I returned the following Monday and my computer is playing up. if I open Outlook and I open an email and save as it takes me to the...
  5. My outlook emails/word/excel and pdfs wont save to a folder using the dialogue box

My outlook emails/word/excel and pdfs wont save to a folder using the dialogue box: Hi All First time poster so forgive any errors I make please. My outlook worked fine last week up until I left the office on Wedesday 17th. I returned the following Monday and my computer is playing up. if I open Outlook and I open an email and save as it takes me to the...
  6. My outlook emails/word/excel and pdfs wont save to a folder using the dialogue box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password: We use Windows 11 on our desktops. Our office switched to 365 a few months ago. Ever since then, we cannot save an Excel workbook using the password while all other users are in read only. No other staff has the password. The error message just says "Document Not Saved." I am...
  8. Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password

Excel Workbook Not Saving with Password: We use Windows 11 on our desktops. Our office switched to 365 a few months ago. Ever since then, we cannot save an Excel workbook using the password while all other users are in read only. No other staff has the password. The error message just says "Document Not Saved." I am...
  9. Having trouble opening saved or new Word docs up and neither are Excel Spreadsheet programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble opening saved or new Word docs up and neither are Excel Spreadsheet programs.: I had my Word Docs pinned on my task bar, and now none of my docs are opening up. I can't even open a blank doc. Also tried to open Excel, and the same thing happens. No response....
  10. Having trouble opening saved or new Word docs up and neither are Excel Spreadsheet programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having trouble opening saved or new Word docs up and neither are Excel Spreadsheet programs.: I had my Word Docs pinned on my task bar, and now none of my docs are opening up. I can't even open a blank doc. Also tried to open Excel, and the same thing happens. No response....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to save excel in windows 10

2. windows 10 save as xls