Windows 10: Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes

Discus and support Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; W-10 Build 14271 Edge 31.14271.1000.0 Probably in front of my nose.*Huh Edge Settings. After I change the "Open with" settings, I can't find a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cfourkays, Feb 26, 2016.

1. cfourkays Win User

Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes

W-10 Build 14271
    Edge 31.14271.1000.0
    Probably in front of my nose.*Huh

Edge Settings.
    After I change the "Open with" settings, I can't find a "Save".

I click the "Open with" to "A specific page or pages", change the Drop-down to "Custom", X out "about:start", in the "Enter a web address" space, I enter "www.google.com.
    From there I'm lost. I don't see any "apply", "Save" or anything to keep the changed settings.

I quit Edge and open it up again and it opens back with the default MSN, etc.

Please tell me they goofed and there isn't a Save settings.

Pete

:)

cfourkays, Feb 26, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Feb 26, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes :)

musum, Feb 26, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Click on the + icon,

Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes [​IMG]

... better pic:

Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes [​IMG]

Also, search the tutorial section; @Brink, and others, usually cover everything! *Wink

Edwin, Feb 26, 2016
  5. cfourkays Win User
    Thanks, Edwin.
    I knew it would be right in front of me.
    I checked the Tutorials, guess I didn't look close enough.

Brink's helped me on many problems over the years going back to the 7 Forums.

Pete
    (By the way, that plus sign is sure not obvious.*really)

cfourkays, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes - Similar Threads - Save Edge Settings

2. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening: Over this last week I have discovered that every time I have tried to open the Taskbar Settings on this Computer details attached they will not open. I get as far as opening the Personalization Settings, and when I click on Taskbar from the left panel it just not open. I have...
  3. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening: Over this last week I have discovered that every time I have tried to open the Taskbar Settings on this Computer details attached they will not open. I get as far as opening the Personalization Settings, and when I click on Taskbar from the left panel it just not open. I have...
  4. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File open/save settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File open/save settings: My windows has been updated to windows 11. Now when I choose to open a file NOT save, Windows chooses a usually inappropriate folder and offers no other option but to save it. This just creates unnecessary disk clutter. I usually choose Open so I can see if I want to keep the...
  6. File open/save settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File open/save settings: My windows has been updated to windows 11. Now when I choose to open a file NOT save, Windows chooses a usually inappropriate folder and offers no other option but to save it. This just creates unnecessary disk clutter. I usually choose Open so I can see if I want to keep the...
  7. unable to open Edge or settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to open Edge or settings: Tried to open the old version of edge, will not open. Have tried to open settings to check on downloads but settings screen comes up as if loading then just closes down. Tried to repair W10 but it says it cannot determine if i have enough space though i have lots of space....
  8. Saving a PDF file opened in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF file opened in Edge: Until recently, a file opened in Edge could be saved by "right clicking", selecting "Save" and then saving to the target directory on Surface. Now the "Save" functionality is greyed out i.e. saving is not possible so you have to print to PDF which takes longer. Any idea...
  9. Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium not saving Favourite changes: I am using Microsoft Edge Chrome, Version 84.0.522.61 (Official build) (64-bit) up to date. Win 10 v 1909 build (10.0.18363) I have imported my old Edge favourites and they appear in an Other favourites folder. The functionality of the new Manage favourites seems OK until I...
  10. Opening edge with set tab

in Browsers and Email
    Opening edge with set tab: I am running Edge Chromium at the moment and when I close down it shuts all opens tabs - I don't have a problem with that but what I would like it for me to open Edge so that Outlook.com mail opens automatically in the first tab on start up or closing all tabs and selecting...