Windows 10: Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes

Discus and support Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; W-10 Build 14271 Edge 31.14271.1000.0 Probably in front of my nose.*Huh Edge Settings. After I change the "Open with" settings, I can't find a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cfourkays, Feb 26, 2016.

1. cfourkays Win User

Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes

W-10 Build 14271
    Edge 31.14271.1000.0
    Probably in front of my nose.*Huh

Edge Settings.
    After I change the "Open with" settings, I can't find a "Save".

I click the "Open with" to "A specific page or pages", change the Drop-down to "Custom", X out "about:start", in the "Enter a web address" space, I enter "www.google.com.
    From there I'm lost. I don't see any "apply", "Save" or anything to keep the changed settings.

I quit Edge and open it up again and it opens back with the default MSN, etc.

Please tell me they goofed and there isn't a Save settings.

Pete

:)

cfourkays, Feb 26, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Feb 26, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes :)

musum, Feb 26, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Click on the + icon,

Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes [​IMG]

... better pic:

Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes [​IMG]

Also, search the tutorial section; @Brink, and others, usually cover everything! *Wink

Edwin, Feb 26, 2016
  5. cfourkays Win User
    Thanks, Edwin.
    I knew it would be right in front of me.
    I checked the Tutorials, guess I didn't look close enough.

Brink's helped me on many problems over the years going back to the 7 Forums.

Pete
    (By the way, that plus sign is sure not obvious.*really)

cfourkays, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Save Edge Settings "Open with" changes - Similar Threads - Save Edge Settings

2. Opening edge with set tab

in Browsers and Email
    Opening edge with set tab: I am running Edge Chromium at the moment and when I close down it shuts all opens tabs - I don't have a problem with that but what I would like it for me to open Edge so that Outlook.com mail opens automatically in the first tab on start up or closing all tabs and selecting...
  3. Open/Save/Save As problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open/Save/Save As problem: Since the end of June, it appears that no program (MS or 3rd party) will Open, Save, or Save As files. Other file functions such as Export are still working - at least for now....
  4. Game can't save and change setting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game can't save and change setting.: After update to window 10 version 1803, my game - Grim Dawn, Dynasty Warrior 8 - can't save, change setting and it's nothing. But LoL play well. all online game play well. store game play well. WHY???...
  5. "Save" opens "Save As" window

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Save" opens "Save As" window: Hi there, I'm working on a new Windows 10 PC and it has a very annoying quirk that I would like to turn off if at all possible: When I choose the "Save" option in any app it doesn't just save the file over the last version as it used to. Instead the "Save As" window opens up...
  6. Saving Passwords - Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Saving Passwords - Edge: Why is Edge saving site passwords on some, but not others. I have to keep signing into my email, this site, facebook, and yet it saves others. I may as well go back to vivaldi 103215
  7. Settings wont change/open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings wont change/open: I just finished a fresh install after going through several BSOD (which have now been corrected). I'm trying to change the settings and I can't changed date/time nor can I access the settings( Start>Settings). When I try and change the settings or date/time I get "This app...
  8. Windows 10 Cancel/Save Changes for Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Cancel/Save Changes for Settings?: Unlike windows 7, when I make setting changes in Windows 10 it seems to occur immediately? Is there a way to cancel those changes while I am on the same page before exiting? I hope this makes sense? i.e. I went to power settings and adjusted the display mode and sleep mode,...
  9. Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving: I'm having some issues making changes in Windows 10 Home, whenever I make a change in services, for example disabling the Windows Update service, I can reboot the device and it has changed back to manual. Same thing happens for the time service, if I change it to automatic...
  10. save files instead of opening ... how to change ?

in Windows 10 Support
    save files instead of opening ... how to change ?: Hello *chuckle New to this forum. Also new to windows 10 somewhat. My problem is when I go to open files from email accounts ( I have two e-mails) it will not open ..just goes to save it question .. same with downloads.. What have I screwed up? *Huh 71897