Windows 10: Save Embedded Images in Outlook as PDF

Discus and support Save Embedded Images in Outlook as PDF in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I had a user suggest this, and after a (brief) Google search I didn't find anything concrete, so I wanted to ask here. Is there an add-in or a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OGReverandMaynard, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Save Embedded Images in Outlook as PDF

So I had a user suggest this, and after a (brief) Google search I didn't find anything concrete, so I wanted to ask here.

Is there an add-in or a way that we can right-click an embedded image in an email (in Outlook for Desktop, Office 365 version) and print or save that image as a PDF?

It's a unique use case bc the user wants just the image converted to PDF

To make a long story short, a client is sending a bunch of JPEG images over to us that need to be OCR'd, but the specific OCR platform we use (unique to our industry) needs it to be PDF

We have the obvious workaround of save image -> print to pdf but if there were a tool that simply lets you right-click an image to save as a PDF that'd save us a few steps.

Any input is much obliged Save Embedded Images in Outlook as PDF :)

submitted by /u/OGReverandMaynard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OGReverandMaynard, Mar 9, 2021
  2. sheepya Win User

saving embedded image in email

anyone else having trouble saving images when they are embedded in the email vs attached explicitly? this seems quite silly. i've had this problem when emailing photos to myself from outlook client and also from mail app.

running nokia 925, wp8.1

sheepya, Mar 9, 2021
  3. save Fresh Paint file to PDF

Hi JuliaMPSimmons,

You can save your picture printing it as a PDF.

Follow these steps:

• Open your picture using the Fresh Paint app
    • Click the printer icon

Save Embedded Images in Outlook as PDF c78a352c-deab-4dc0-9e59-8e6000858329.png

• Then, choose "Microsoft Print to PDF" as printer

Save Embedded Images in Outlook as PDF 497b9815-9805-469f-8db1-094f6818a835.png

• Carry on and print your picture as a PDF
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you've already saved your picture as a *.png/*.jpg/... file, you can equally print the file that you have as a PDF (using "Microsoft Print to PDF").

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hope it was helpful.

Cheers!

Alberto Giura (AlbyTech), Mar 9, 2021
  4. Victek Win User

Save Embedded Images in Outlook as PDF

Problem with Outlook 2016 not remembering default PDF app choice

Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder though if the issue actually has anything to do with the Adobe Reader? When I first observed the problem Edge was showing as the default PDF reader in Outlook's drop down list. It was possible to select Adobe Reader from the list, but even though we put a check in the box for Outlook to remember the choice it didn't. After setting the Adobe Reader as the default in Control Panel/Default Programs/ the icon on PDF files changed to the Adobe Reader icon and it replaced Edge as the first app in Outlook's drop down list, however Outlook continues to ask and doesn't save the choice.

One thing I wanted to try was repairing Microsoft Office, but strangely there is no entry in Programs and Features. I wonder if there's a way to run the repair from the command line?

Victek, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Save Embedded Images in Outlook as PDF

1. Save Embedded Images in Outlook as PDF - Similar Threads - Save Embedded Images

2. Save to .pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save to .pdf: Windows print to PDF is creating an MS Dos Application instead of a PDF....Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-to-pdf/da5f501b-940a-4ad1-a3fa-be4b9995d88e
  3. Embedding font in to PDF License Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Embedding font in to PDF License Question: Hello,I am creating a c# program right now for a client that uses PDFSharp to create a PDF for me. In the PDF, we will be using the font Segoe UI. I have been looking in to whether we can embed this font in our PDF without any additional license, and I can't find a clear...
  4. Embedding font in to PDF License Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Embedding font in to PDF License Question: Hello,I am creating a c# program right now for a client that uses PDFSharp to create a PDF for me. In the PDF, we will be using the font Segoe UI. I have been looking in to whether we can embed this font in our PDF without any additional license, and I can't find a clear...
  5. Embedding font in to PDF License Question

6. Embedding font in to PDF

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Embedding font in to PDF: Hello,I am creating a c# program right now for a client that uses PDFSharp to create a PDF for me. In the PDF, we will be using the font Segoe UI. I have been looking in to whether we can embed this font in our PDF without any additional license, and I can't find a clear...
  7. Embedding font in to PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Embedding font in to PDF: Hello,I am creating a c# program right now for a client that uses PDFSharp to create a PDF for me. In the PDF, we will be using the font Segoe UI. I have been looking in to whether we can embed this font in our PDF without any additional license, and I can't find a clear...
  8. Embedding font in to PDF

9. Saving As A .pdf ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving As A .pdf ?: Hello, I open up a web link that is a multi page document (an instruction manual). I then want to save it as a .pdf. Can't figure out how to. I assume I use Adobe Acrobat to do so, but am not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob 179792
  10. Saving image from outlook no longer works

Saving image from outlook no longer works: Have an issue where when you open an attached picture from outlook, it won't auto save to "saved pictures." Worked fine until an update in October. MS Photos is the default image handler. Used to open an email, double click the attached picture, it would open MS Photos...