Windows 10: save explorer view in non-persistent machines

Discus and support save explorer view in non-persistent machines in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Is there any way that I could personalize the folder\file view in the explorer, eg: if I sort it with date, I need the same view the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ijazsiddiq, Oct 23, 2019.

1. save explorer view in non-persistent machines

Hello,

Is there any way that I could personalize the folder\file view in the explorer,

eg: if I sort it with date, I need the same view the next time I logon.

Ijaz Siddique

:)

ijazsiddiq, Oct 23, 2019

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

save explorer view in non-persistent machines

Open / Save as dialog boxes - choose whether to expand or collapse as default

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you would like to have a collapsed view of the items on the navigation pane of the File Explorer while saving a file. To do this, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and see if it works.

• Open File Explorer
      and click on the View tab.
    • Click on the drop down next to
      Navigation Pane and uncheck Show all folders.
    • Exit File Explorer
      and try saving a file now.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

save explorer view in non-persistent machines

1. save explorer view in non-persistent machines - Similar Threads - save explorer view

2. Save Windows Explorer View permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save Windows Explorer View permanently: Hi all,Is there an option to prohibit Windows deciding what kind of View in the Windows Explorer should be activated? Believe there is an engine which decides everytime, due to the content in a specific folder, if the View should be optimized for Pictures, Dokuments, General,...
  3. Save Windows Explorer View permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save Windows Explorer View permanently: Hi all,Is there an option to prohibit Windows deciding what kind of View in the Windows Explorer should be activated? Believe there is an engine which decides everytime, due to the content in a specific folder, if the View should be optimized for Pictures, Dokuments, General,...
  4. File explorer view from Save As dialogue

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer view from Save As dialogue: A colleague has asked from some assistance. In file explorer the navigation pane shows her mapped drives as drive letter, folder. However, when she invokes the save as dialogue from Word or Excel, the file explorer navigation pane within the Save As dialogue shows her mapped...
  5. File explorer view from Save As dialogue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer view from Save As dialogue: A colleague has asked from some assistance. In file explorer, the navigation pane shows her mapped drives as drive letter, folder. However, when she invokes the save as dialogue, the file explorer navigation pane shows her mapped drives as folder, drive letter. Is there a...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer search : how to persist view settings

Windows 10 File Explorer search : how to persist view settings: Hi, How should I persist my view settings in the "search tools" tab in file explorer ? I hit CTRL-F and then search for something. I then change the View de Details, add the "Path" column, reorder, sort, whatever. I want to be able to have this view whenever I search for...
  7. File explorer save options view

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer save options view: I just got upgraded to the new File Explorer. I am a photographer and a collector of images. I have hundreds of folders and subfolders. I know exactly where they are because they are listed alphabetically. Now with this File Explorer upgrade they are listed by date. I've...
  8. Windows Explorer doesn't save the viewing-details

Windows Explorer doesn't save the viewing-details: In Windows 10, my Windows Explorer (File Manger) doesn't save the view details from one folder (directory) to another. When I select the details I want to show, such as Name, Date modified, Attributes, Size, etc., those settings aren't save when I go to a different folder....
  9. Save no files to machine

Save no files to machine: Hi. I am Admin on three machines at an assisted living facility. There are two accounts on each machine, Admin and User. There is no password for the User account and I want to make it impossible for the User account to save files to the machine. In Windows 10 I am no longer...
  10. larger viewing on non-touchmonitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    larger viewing on non-touchmonitor: Is it possible to combine/setup a 15-inch multi-touch monitor with a 21-inch non-touch (main) monitor, so that main viewing can be done on 21-inch non-touch, but all/most the finger control done on the 15-inch touchscreen? Reason: after getting golfers elbow, I am now...