Windows 10: Save File, "New Folder" very slow

Discus and support Save File, "New Folder" very slow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Lately when attempting downloads or saving files, the Save File "New Folder" button seems to take forever to complete (at least a minute). I can't pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, Jul 15, 2021.

1. perdrix Win User

Save File, "New Folder" very slow

Lately when attempting downloads or saving files, the Save File "New Folder" button seems to take forever to complete (at least a minute). I can't pin down exactly when this started happening, just that I've been annoyed by it in for a t least the last month. Does anyone have any idea what's going on here (or not as the case may be)? Version 20H1 Thanks David

:)

perdrix, Jul 15, 2021

2. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Save File, "New Folder" very slow

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

im trying to save a file to a folder located in program folder. but it says i do not have permision..... contact admin...... but i am the amdin of this computer! and it is the only account in this comp!

plzz help quick!!!!

nevermind.... got it.

HiddenStupid, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Save File, "New Folder" very slow

1. Save File, "New Folder" very slow - Similar Threads - Save File Folder

2. New laptop very slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New laptop very slow!: Hi I am Shubhang,I have bought a new laptop a month ago. At starting it worked very smoothly as all new laptops do. But after a week, it begin to work like a slow computer. I have used many junk cleaners and registry cleaners. But they didn't work that much. I have used Iobit...
  3. New laptop very slow!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop very slow!: Hi I am Shubhang,I have bought a new laptop a month ago. At starting it worked very smoothly as all new laptops do. But after a week, it begin to work like a slow computer. I have used many junk cleaners and registry cleaners. But they didn't work that much. I have used Iobit...
  4. New laptop very slow!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 is very slow to save files; Save As appears late

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is very slow to save files; Save As appears late: [ATTACH]Is your Windows 10 computer very slow to save files? If yes, some of the suggestions in this post might help you fix the issue. Some users have complained that their Windows 10 computer freezes when they try to save the files. According to them, it takes more than 15...
  6. New PC Is Very Slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New PC Is Very Slow: I just got a new PC today and it's really slow, like to the point where it takes 2 minutes minimum to do anything and it crashes as well as white screens very often. Since it's new I've only downloaded Spotify and steam and have 800gb free as well as 8gb ram. How can I help...
  7. New Surface very slow

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New Surface very slow: Hi, I bought the new Microsoft Surface Pro 7, Core i7, RAM 16 GB, SSD 256 GB, a couple of months ago, with great expectations. I regret to say that quite often I would say every three-four days it becomes incredibly slow, to the point of being useless - like frozen. What...
  8. Opening files or saving files suddenly very slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening files or saving files suddenly very slow: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/unamplify [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j6avxx/opening_files_or_saving_files_suddenly_very_slow/
  9. Extracting files from zipped folder is very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extracting files from zipped folder is very slow: I have a zipped folder of size 280 MB, this folder contains json files and the total size of the folder is around 500-600 MB. While extracting the files from the zipped folder, the speed is only 5-6 KBps and shows that it'll take more than 8 hours. Please let me know how do I...
  10. Very slow to show files in folder with many files

in Windows 10 Support
    Very slow to show files in folder with many files: I have a big problem. I have a NAS with some folders containing many movies, in one 1.000 and in the other over 2.000, and every time I go to open the folder windows 10 takes a long to see them all files, especially put them in order of date or size There the way to solve it...