Windows 10: save in my desktop background

Discus and support save in my desktop background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know how to save a desktop picture instead of a solid colour... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mike dewart, Jul 21, 2018.

1. save in my desktop background

I don't know how to save a desktop picture instead of a solid colour

:)

mike dewart, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 21, 2018
  4. save in my desktop background

How to download pictures from web and make it as a desktop background in windows 10

Hi,

You can download files from web using Internet Explorer. To help you in downloading photos in Internet Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open a new tab in Internet Explorer. Go to a site where you want to pick an image.
    • Right-click on the image that you want to download.
    • Click on Save picture as....
    • Choose a folder where you want to save the image.
    • Rename the file if you want to. Click on Save.

For changing your desktop background, kindly refer to this article:
    Change desktop background and colors
    . Once that you click the Browse
    button, a new window will popup and prompt you to select a file folder. Find the file folder where you saved the image that you've downloaded.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

save in my desktop background

1. save in my desktop background - Similar Threads - save desktop background

2. Not saving background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not saving background: [ATTACH] Does anyone know why it won't save my background? submitted by /u/_leo____ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/12qf8gc/not_saving_background/
  3. background photo on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    background photo on my desktop: For months I have noticed this background photo on my desktop... its a picture of a sister of mine who has passed away about 3 months ago... I would definately like for this photo to be removed,,, would be very thankful for advice to remove it!...
  4. My Desktop Background glitches

My Desktop Background glitches: Often if I just hover over Shortcuts or just normal programs or txt files the background of them turns completely black and If I then select anything from my desktop by holding the left mousebutton and drag it to the other end of my screen the parts where I hovered over turns...
  5. Something is in my desktop background

Something is in my desktop background: I noticed something on my desktop, something transparent. it's not the actual background since I can still see it no matter what background I have. I can even see it on the login screen. I figured it might be some program working in the background but I don't know what....
  6. desktop background

desktop background: I want to display my photo as a background on the desktop. It is important to have the photo fully displayed. Is it possible? If yes, how can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background/9c674a73-e7e4-4f38-a1c5-007e31f9b60b
  7. making saved picture from online clear as my desktop background

making saved picture from online clear as my desktop background: images I save from search are clear until I set hem as my desktop background, all settings seem good picture still is out of focus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-saved-picture-from-online-clear-as-my/245bf103-7f59-4dff-ac34-43723810e38a
  8. Saving background picture

Saving background picture: How can I save my background picture properly so that I will reappear again after machine restart? The posts shown in the community is very complicated. I don't understand...
  9. Saved image desktop backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved image desktop backgrounds: What is the directory in Windows 10 in which a selected image (after being applied to desktop background) is saved? 15565
  10. Where are saved my preferences to switch background pictures desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are saved my preferences to switch background pictures desktop: Hello guys, actually I have actually formated my computer and realized all my old preferences to switch different pictures of background for desktop were saved somewhere but I don't really know where are they. It was saved preferences like switching each 10 minutes, it saved...