Windows 10: Save multiple window positions?

Discus and support Save multiple window positions? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, there's a few things I have on my second screen (10:16) and I always use the same layout. Upper 20% of the screen is a Rainmeter setup, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Benjilator, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Save multiple window positions?

Hello,

there's a few things I have on my second screen (10:16) and I always use the same layout. Upper 20% of the screen is a Rainmeter setup, then 40-80% Spotify and another 0-40% random explorer windows or WinRAR.

Now it is a lot of trying around until you've got the Spotify window to be the right position, its width is the same as the screens. Height isn't a problem as I can switch that however I want.

If I want an open folder over there I also have to change the size and get it into the right position somehow. Super annoying.

I'd like something like the windows function where you can have two things open at once, split in the middle (you get this by moving some window to the left or right side of the screen). But since my screen is vertical moving things to the top doesn't allow me to choose a second window for the bottom half.

Also it would cover up Rainmeter, which is set to be always at the bottom/wallpaper level.

What can I do to set something like an area so whenever I have a window open on my second screen it's always the width of the screen, never starts at the top and allows me to have one or two windows covering the same area every time (bottom 80% of my screen at max width).

submitted by /u/Benjilator
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Benjilator, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Save Window Position

Hi Shane,

Saving the window size/position when opening a message to a new window is easy. Simply follow the steps below on how to do so:

• Open a message in a new window.
    • Press and hold the Ctrl button on your keyboard and click on the
      X button at upper right corner of the window to close it.
    • When you open a message in another window, the size/position of the window should be saved.
    If you have other questions, do let us know.

Dyan Rey, Apr 6, 2021
  3. cShane Win User
    Save Window Position

Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't seem to work.

The main window position is always saved, but the message window isn't.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Shane.

cShane, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Save multiple window positions?

Saving windows position

Hi Christoffer,

I've tried to replicate what you want to achieve. I tested a few Windows apps (Weather app, Paint app, and Skype app) and I was able to set the size and the position of each app. When I close and open an app, it opens right where I placed its floating window.
    You may follow these steps:

1. Open an app or a program.
    2. Resize its window according to your preferrence.
    3. Right-click on the upper-left hand corner of the app or program window, then click
      Size to lock the window size.
    4. Move the window to your desired position.
    5. Right-click again on the upper-left hand corner of the app or program window, then click
      Move to lock its position.
    6. Close the app or program and then relaunch it.

Please let me know how it goes for you so I'll be able to further check on this in case the above steps won't help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Save multiple window positions?

1. Save multiple window positions? - Similar Threads - Save multiple window

2. How to lock multiple windows positions and sizes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock multiple windows positions and sizes?: Hey guys, I use 2 monitors with 'extended display' option on Windows 10. On each monitor I use 2 windows of equal size splitting the screen in half. I would like to lock the sizes and positions of the 2 windows on each monitor, how might I do this please?...
  3. How to lock multiple windows positions and sizes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to lock multiple windows positions and sizes?: Hey guys, I use 2 monitors with 'extended display' option on Windows 10. On each monitor I use 2 windows of equal size splitting the screen in half. I would like to lock the sizes and positions of the 2 windows on each monitor, how might I do this please?...
  4. How to lock multiple windows positions and sizes?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to lock multiple windows positions and sizes?: Hey guys, I use 2 monitors with 'extended display' option. On each monitor I use 2 windows of equal size splitting the screen in half. I would like to lock the sizes and positions of the 2 windows on each monitor, how might I do this please?...
  5. Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions: I've got 4 monitors in a 2x2 layout. The upper and lower left side monitors stack neatly - the bottom of the upper monitor sits directly atop the lower monitor. The right side monitors sit right up against the left side monitors.But for some reason, there is an 8 pixel gap...
  6. Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions: I've got 4 monitors in a 2x2 layout. The upper and lower left side monitors stack neatly - the bottom of the upper monitor sits directly atop the lower monitor. The right side monitors sit right up against the left side monitors.But for some reason, there is an 8 pixel gap...
  7. Fine-Tuning Multiple Monitor Positions

8. Media player that saves position in Playlist?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media player that saves position in Playlist?: Does anyone know of a media player that after closing saves the position in a playlist, even in shuffle? So when I re open it I dont have to start the playlist over again and remembers what the previously played files were in the order. So far I tried VLC, MPC-BE and...
  9. Window Position Saved

Window Position Saved: Hi, I just bought a new PC yesterday running Windows 10 and I have 2 monitors plugged on it. When the computer goes to sleep, the next morning, the windows are all displaying on the Main display. On my previous computer last week on Windows 10, it was not happening. Is there...
  10. Save Windows positions - IE ShellFolderFix

in Windows 10 Support
    Save Windows positions - IE ShellFolderFix: Has anyone come across an app like ShellFolderFix for saving window/icon positions? I previously used ShellFolderFix on Win 7. On Win 10 (multi-monitor setup), coming out of sleep, the windows are all gathers on my primary monitor instead of being distributed where I...