Windows 10: Save no files to machine

Discus and support Save no files to machine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I am Admin on three machines at an assisted living facility. There are two accounts on each machine, Admin and User. There is no password for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BuddyKing1, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Save no files to machine

Hi. I am Admin on three machines at an assisted living facility. There are two accounts on each machine, Admin and User. There is no password for the User account and I want to make it impossible for the User account to save files to the machine. In Windows 10 I am no longer sure how to get to Permissions for the User account, nor am I sure if denying Write would accomplish what I want. I still want the User to be able to save a file on an external drive.

:)

BuddyKing1, Mar 29, 2019
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Save no files to machine

Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Save no files to machine

1. Save no files to machine - Similar Threads - Save files machine

2. Virtual machine stuck in saved-critical state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual machine stuck in saved-critical state: HelloI will start by noting that my virtual machine is stored on an external ssd to be used between two systems.One time I powered down the VM and unplugged my drive, when I came back to my pc in order to reopen the VM it's state was shown as saved-critical. I could not do...
  3. Brother iPrint&Scan.exe crashes when saving files to local machine

Brother iPrint&Scan.exe crashes when saving files to local machine: I just wanted to capture this somewhere in case someone else runs into this issue...TLDR: I renamed my user, but not all references to core folders documents, pictures, etc. were updated, causing the tool to crash by not finding and not gracefully handling a folder.Detail:At...
  4. Brother iPrint&Scan.exe crashes when saving files to local machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother iPrint&Scan.exe crashes when saving files to local machine: I just wanted to capture this somewhere in case someone else runs into this issue...TLDR: I renamed my user, but not all references to core folders documents, pictures, etc. were updated, causing the tool to crash by not finding and not gracefully handling a folder.Detail:At...
  5. Unable to Save Page Wayback Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Save Page Wayback Machine: Alright https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-save-page-wayback-machine/51ba6f2d-3004-4cdd-a990-2325a367be2d
  6. Unable to Save Page Wayback Machine

Unable to Save Page Wayback Machine: Alright https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-save-page-wayback-machine/51ba6f2d-3004-4cdd-a990-2325a367be2d
  7. save and save as file types

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    save and save as file types: I save/download very few websites/documents. I want them to appear in File Explorer in only one place such as quick access, this pc, libraries, pictures, etc. Any EXCEPT OneDrive. Where, how can I do this using Edge or IE browser? I do not save enough to bother with...
  8. Saving, or exporting a virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Saving, or exporting a virtual machine?: First of all, I want to be clear that I'm not asking about saving states or snapshots. I'm asking if there's a way to save, or export an actual virtual machine without having to create it from scratch. It's been a couple of years since I built my current rig and it's time to...
  9. PDF & files saving & "save as"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF & files saving & "save as": Why does windows 10 suggest random files folders for saving items? Waste of our time. It should recall the last file folder we saved into and suggest that one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-files-saving-save-as/fcca6d13-f333-4e07-8bc9-30b27731d192
  10. Alternates for Save in Virtual Machine Connection application

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Alternates for Save in Virtual Machine Connection application: Any thoughts on this one..... I connect to my VM's using RDP, and the workstation using RDP does not have Hyper-V installed. From this workstation, I'd like to have a quick option to Save then shutdown or perhaps even take a Checkpoint, both of which are available in the...