Windows 10: Save/Open Dialogues Hanging

Discus and support Save/Open Dialogues Hanging in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,Windows 10 19044Azure AD JoinedIntune ManagedA few weeks ago whenever a Windows Save or Open dialgoue appeared it would white screen for a good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Malcolm Sinclair, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Save/Open Dialogues Hanging

Hello,Windows 10 19044Azure AD JoinedIntune ManagedA few weeks ago whenever a Windows Save or Open dialgoue appeared it would white screen for a good minute before showing files, see screenshot.Tried a few basic troubleshooting- Updated drivers- Updated BIOS- Ran SFC scan- Ran DISM Online Image cleanup- Ran ChkdskEventually gave in and reset my PC through the "Reset my PC" section, removed all files and apps, then selected cloud download. Machine was fine for the first 24-48 hours but now the issue has reoccured. Bit stumped, any ideas what could be causing this?

:)

Malcolm Sinclair, Jan 27, 2022
  2. THX1138 Win User

Save dialogue opening on wrong monitor

I have two monitors and I'm using the GIMP image editor. When I open the save dialogue, it comes up on the second monitor which is not ideal. Is this a fault in GIMP or Windows?

THX1138, Jan 27, 2022
  3. No color management in print dialogue box

Why is the critical step of removing all old printer drivers (Step 5) in the Printui dialogue the same as Step 6 right clicking the printer in Devices and Printers to delete it and restart PC?

After you install the printer software in Print 8 you did a lot of other things with a Desktop app that are not in the list and unneeded. Why were these necessary instead of just selecting a .pdf document to print and trying it?

The reason I ask is that I've suggested these steps countless times and they have always worked if only they are followed, not adding a bunch of steps at the end.

I hope this helps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 27, 2022
  4. Save/Open Dialogues Hanging

Open/Save As Chrome trouble with windows getting hanged

The problem as i have searched various internet forums is not listed.

Open/Save As problem can be generally solved by replacing the opencl.dll file and indexing properly as suggested by the link : Windows 10 Often Freezes When Saving or Opening Files and your problem solved...

However i am only facing open/save as problem in chrome. I have the latest updated chrome build, and in chrome whenever i try to use open/save as commands, for example in emailing if i use attachment (which is an open command), my window hangs. Once it worked
    partially and i had my task manager open, and i saw that adobe reader had exceeded RAM capacity. I was running adobe reader at that time, but on other occasions, i was not, so i think that the problem is not related to it, but something with chrome-windows
    interaction on open/save as permissions... please help, and if you do have a solution, kindly email me to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Thank you

Anuj Modi 95, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

Save/Open Dialogues Hanging

1. Save/Open Dialogues Hanging - Similar Threads - Save Open Dialogues

2. Open/Save and other dialogues takes many seconds to open on otherwise responsive machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open/Save and other dialogues takes many seconds to open on otherwise responsive machine.: My issueThe dialogues to open or save files are taking a few seconds to open. For example, attempting to save an image file in regular Paint, it can take upwards of 10 seconds to actually open the dialogue, asking where to save the file. The same happens in GIMP, sometimes...
  3. Open/Save and other dialogues takes many seconds to open on otherwise responsive machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open/Save and other dialogues takes many seconds to open on otherwise responsive machine.: My issueThe dialogues to open or save files are taking a few seconds to open. For example, attempting to save an image file in regular Paint, it can take upwards of 10 seconds to actually open the dialogue, asking where to save the file. The same happens in GIMP, sometimes...
  4. Save/Open Dialogues Hanging

Save/Open Dialogues Hanging: Hello,Windows 10 19044Azure AD JoinedIntune ManagedA few weeks ago whenever a Windows Save or Open dialgoue appeared it would white screen for a good minute before showing files, see screenshot.Tried a few basic troubleshooting- Updated drivers- Updated BIOS- Ran SFC scan-...
  5. Save/Open Dialogues Hanging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Save/Open Dialogues Hanging: Hello,Windows 10 19044Azure AD JoinedIntune ManagedA few weeks ago whenever a Windows Save or Open dialgoue appeared it would white screen for a good minute before showing files, see screenshot.Tried a few basic troubleshooting- Updated drivers- Updated BIOS- Ran SFC scan-...
  6. save print output as dialogue box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    save print output as dialogue box: Printing emails to pdf's using "microsoft print to pdf" as the printer the next dialogue box after clicking print is "save printout output as" I used to see to be able to select which folder to save to with ability to see other pdf files in the folder. Now I can only...
  7. Save As Dialogue Box is NOT RESPONDING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As Dialogue Box is NOT RESPONDING: Whenever I try to save a file from whatsapp app or try to upload any type of documents on Chrome, the dialogue box opens and shows not responding error every time. I didnt have any idea regarding this issue. I tried to restart, shut down and searched internet for this issue,...
  8. Windows keep prompting save dialogues

Windows keep prompting save dialogues: On two programs I've noticed so far - Microsoft Notepad and Microsoft Paint. Every time I would try and exit the program, it would prompt a dialogue to save the file even though I specifically do not want to. And upon closing the dialogue, the program would not close. Help~!...
  9. Save dialogue opening on wrong monitor

Save dialogue opening on wrong monitor: I have two monitors and I'm using the GIMP image editor. When I open the save dialogue, it comes up on the second monitor which is not ideal. Is this a fault in GIMP or Windows? 91298
  10. Save-As dialogue box freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Save-As dialogue box freezes: I am using Windows 10 version 1511 (OS Build 10586.753). I'm facing a problem in the "Save as" dialog box. It freezes for 15-20 seconds in every software, be it Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft word, photoshop, etc.What must I do to resolve this issue? 77168