Windows 10: Save pictures taken with Windows 10 Camera in the Camera roll folder

Discus and support Save pictures taken with Windows 10 Camera in the Camera roll folder in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]By default, Photos and videos captured via the built-in camera of Windows 10 devices […] This article Save pictures taken with Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 17, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Save pictures taken with Windows 10 Camera in the Camera roll folder

WinClub, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Entegy Win User

Pictures taken by the Phone are not Saved in Camera Roll

Err... what? Are you sure you're even taking a picture? The phone makes a shutter sound when a picture is taken, it's not the little beep that indicates focus. Saving pictures taken from the camera cannot be saved anywhere but the Camera Roll.

Entegy, Nov 17, 2020
  3. GollyJer Win User
    "Camera Roll" and "Saved Pictures" folders: permanently delete on Windows 10

The Camera Roll folder is created by the Camera app.

The Saved Pictures folder is created by the Photos app.

If you simply delete the folders those apps will recreate them based on the location stored in the registry at:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

When viewing this location in Regedit, if the purpose of each key isn't obvious, look them up on Microsoft's KNOWNFOLDERID page.

To truly delete the folders you must Uninstall the Camera and Photos Apps and then delete the folders.

If you just want to move them somewhere more convenient the article commented by @w23sh above is very thorough.

Remove Camera Roll, Saved Pictures and Screenshots Folders & Libraries in Windows 10?

It boils down to "Cut and paste the folder to a location of your choosing."

GollyJer, Nov 17, 2020
  4. robal Win User

"Camera Roll" and "Saved Pictures" folders: permanently delete on Windows 10

got new desktop with same issue in windows 10. i "cut" the 'camera roll' and 'saved pictures' folders then "pasted" them into a removable flash drive - it seems to work (they did reappear when system updated to windows 10 creators). i repeated the cut/paste and restarted - so far so good - no camera roll and saved pictures folders

robal, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Save pictures taken with Windows 10 Camera in the Camera roll folder - Similar Threads - Save pictures taken

2. Camera Roll / OneDrive not saving pictures correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Roll / OneDrive not saving pictures correctly: I have a PC with Windows 11 installed. Normally, photos that I take with my phone are uploaded to OneDrive and are automatically sorted into files based on month under the Camera Roll folder. However, that function is not working properly. If I go to the OneDrive app on my...
  3. Camera Roll / OneDrive not saving pictures correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Roll / OneDrive not saving pictures correctly: I have a PC with Windows 11 installed. Normally, photos that I take with my phone are uploaded to OneDrive and are automatically sorted into files based on month under the Camera Roll folder. However, that function is not working properly. If I go to the OneDrive app on my...
  4. Camera roll folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera roll folder: How to organise camera roll without date folders. Can't find this setting anywhere in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-roll-folder/7030f0c2-ed44-429a-9c33-3c9fd9418032
  5. Camera roll folder

Camera roll folder: How to organise camera roll without date folders. Can't find this setting anywhere in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-roll-folder/7030f0c2-ed44-429a-9c33-3c9fd9418032
  6. How to make the pictures taken with camera automatically save in a specific folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make the pictures taken with camera automatically save in a specific folder?: Hello, So I've been having some issues with my pictures being saved where I don't want them to be saved. So my device is Surface Pro 7, which has a camera. Whenever I take pictures using the camera, the pictures automatically go to my Onedrive folder, and the pictures don't...
  7. "Camera roll" and "Saved pictures" folders repeatedly create themselves on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Camera roll" and "Saved pictures" folders repeatedly create themselves on my desktop: Every so often, two empty folders appear mysteriously on my Windows 10 desktop. They call themselves "Camera roll" and "Saved pictures". Each time I delete them, but before long they re-create themselves. What on earth is going on?...
  8. A way to remove 'Camera Roll' & 'Saved Pictures'

A way to remove 'Camera Roll' & 'Saved Pictures': I found it annoying when I found a library that I don't need. It looks un-aesthetically pleasing and ruin my library. I visit my library often so it's quite disturbing to find an unwanted useless library. If I delete it, it will probably come back on the next restart. I know...
  9. Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10: Is there any way to delete these system folders. I don't use them, and I never will. If I delete them though, they are simply re-created. Thanks 8886
  10. Libraries "Camera Roll" and "Saved Pictures" keep resurrecting!

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries "Camera Roll" and "Saved Pictures" keep resurrecting!: The library entries just wont stay the way I leave them. I have just arranged my libraries and deleted the two mentioned folders, then they appeared againd and made a mess of my tasbar... *Sad This is a serious problem because of how I use the library folder structure on the...