Windows 10: Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Discus and support Save RAW drive - Don't want data in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; One of my WD Green 2tb drives has become raw and can't be used. Windows will not complete a format of it. Shows up in my computer. Is there any way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kodi, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Kodi Win User

Save RAW drive - Don't want data

One of my WD Green 2tb drives has become raw and can't be used.
    Windows will not complete a format of it.
    Shows up in my computer.
    Is there any way of saving this drive?

:)

Kodi, Dec 3, 2015

2. My External hard drive works on my TV but windows 10 will not recognize it?

My hard drive has now switched to Raw, is there any way to save my data?

Please help me!

HaydenLoker, Dec 3, 2015
  3. Internal HDD not recognized in Windows 10

Well if you can access the data on your old laptop I'd suggest to back everything you don't want to lose up just to be on the safe side.

Then you may want to check the drive's health with a full diagnostic test to completely rule the drive out as the cause of the problem.

Post the results from the tests here along with the raw values of the S.M.A.R.T. status if you are not sure how to read them. Save RAW drive - Don't want data :)

Captain_WD, Dec 3, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
    • diskpart
    • list disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW drive
    • select disk # ======> is the number in step 2
    • clean
    • exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

topgundcp, Dec 4, 2015
  5. Kodi Win User
    Thanks for your reply, it worked up until it tried to Quick format after creating a simple drive.
    got an error message that it could not complete the format.
    I am trying a FULL format at the moment and am waiting for to either finish or report an error.

Kodi, Dec 4, 2015
  6. Kodi Win User
    Solved.

It would not format as NTFS so I deleted the Volume and it showed up as "unallocated".
    I then Quick formatted as exFAT which worked.
    I then Quick formatted as NTFS and it worked.
    I now have a healthy Drive.

Kodi, Dec 4, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    I am glad it worked out. However, it's strange that you have to format with ExFAT then re-format with NTFS, May be you want to download: CrystalDiskInfo6_3_2.zip and check if there's any bad sector.

topgundcp, Dec 4, 2015
  8. Kodi Win User

Ran Crystaldiskinfo and all good.

Kodi, Dec 4, 2015
  9. topgundcp Win User
    Great. Maybe just a glitch on the first format.

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Save RAW drive - Don't want data - Similar Threads - Save RAW drive

2. Format C Drive To Save Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format C Drive To Save Data: If i format my c drive to keep my files, i know apps will be deleted and microsoft C++ visual will deleted as well. After format C drive, can i reinstall all microsoft c++ visual versions like all redistributable versions and recent windows update? And is my game files still...
  3. Format C Drive To Save Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Format C Drive To Save Data: If i format my c drive to keep my files, i know apps will be deleted and microsoft C++ visual will deleted as well. After format C drive, can i reinstall all microsoft c++ visual versions like all redistributable versions and recent windows update? And is my game files still...
  4. Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Data Recovery from a RAW External Drive: I have a laptop ( Dell Inspiron 15 7559 ). I have already filled up the details of my laptop. Running Windows 10 Version 20H2. I swapped my laptop's internal HDD with an SSD and I have been using that HDD as a external backup drive for videos ( Running 2 small Youtube...
  5. I want to save all new content on DATA D: Drive.

I want to save all new content on DATA D: Drive.: I wanted to save all new content i.e new downloads, screenshots, new pictures to DATA D: Drive . Pls help me everything is saving in on OS C: Drive but i wanted to save all new content on DATA D: Drive....
  6. Unallocated Drive but don't want to lose the data

in Windows 10 Support
    Unallocated Drive but don't want to lose the data: After windows 10 last update my windows was corrupted and I could not find a fix. After hours of research and trying to find a way to fix my problem I decided reinstalling windows was the way to go. I have two internal drives. Drive C and Drive D. My drive C works fine and...
  7. RAW Hard Drive Data Loss

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAW Hard Drive Data Loss: Windows 10 1909 x64 So I had mounting a Hard Drive to VMware and access the drive through VMware. One day I tried to access the data on the drive and Windows detected the drive as a Raw drive and I had know idea what do so I looked online and people suggested running chkdsk...
  8. RAW Hard Drive Data Loss

in Windows 10 Support
    RAW Hard Drive Data Loss: Windows 10 1909 x64 So I had mounting a Hard Drive to VMware and access the drive through VMware. One day I tried to access the data on the drive and Windows detected the drive as a Raw drive and I had know idea what do so I looked online and people suggested running chkdsk...
  9. Data drive shows "Raw" after windows reinstall

Data drive shows "Raw" after windows reinstall: I recently reinstalled windows after a bad driver caused a cras . As I was doing a clean install, I unplugged my secondary storage drives to prevent wiping. When I reconnected and restarted afterwards, all but one works fine, with no data loss. The one that doesn't shows it...
  10. I don't want Edge to save passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't want Edge to save passwords: Sometimes Edge will ask me if I want it to save passwords - I don't want that. I went to this site "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy" and got these instructions: "To stop features that speed up web...