Windows 10: SAVE TEXT FILE

Discus and support SAVE TEXT FILE in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HOW DO I SAVE A NEW TEXT FILE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MURDODOWDS, Sep 18, 2018.

1. SAVE TEXT FILE

HOW DO I SAVE A NEW TEXT FILE

:)

MURDODOWDS, Sep 18, 2018
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Sep 18, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
  4. SAVE TEXT FILE

Save an entire thread of text messages to file

There is a program in the Windows 10 store called WP Message Backup which will bring your text message down to your PC. It works although it is not optimal because it brings all previous message down and I seem to be having an issue deleting the unwanted
    messages but they are all there so you would have your son's messages. It is worth checking out in my opinion.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/wp-message-backup/9nblggh2srtp?activetab=pivot:relatedtab

Also, I tried this and it worked but secondary attempts I've had issues with although I'm probably doing something wrong. It works fine for textx but in trying to send MMS, it worked initially but future attempts are failing to accept the email address.
    (Update: So I was able to send a few more MMS text messages and they went through. So it is not perfect but is a way to do it particularly if you want it in email format to save or forward)

I'm not sure this is the best option but it will work for texts. I just tried it and was able to get it to work. I created a new contact and
    used my email address as the mobile number. Then did the following:

Step 1
    Open the "Contacts" list on your cell phone. Enter a new contact, listing the email address where you want your text message to be sent. Give it a name you can easily identify to avoid sending the message to the wrong contact. Click "OK" and check to
    see if the address is listed in your contacts.

Step 2
    Open the text message in your inbox. Open the "Options" for the message and select "Forward." Select the contact you created in Step 1 and click "Send."

Step 3
    Check your email inbox. Keep in mind that the message may not arrive immediately, but if it has still not arrived after a few hours, attempt to send it again. Depending on your cell phone provider, the message may be delivered as an attachment or as
    text within the email.

Step 4
    Download the text message attachment and click "Save" when the download pop-up appears. Create a name for the file and save it as a text file, like a .doc or .txt. If the message was sent as text only in the e-mail, copy and paste the text into a text
    editor like Notepad or Word. Click "File," and then "Save as." Give the file a name when the "Save" pop-up appears. Press "Save." Your text message is now on your cell phone, in your email inbox and saved as a document on your computer.

Via: How to Save Text Messages From a Phone to Computer | Techwalla.com

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

SAVE TEXT FILE

1. SAVE TEXT FILE - Similar Threads - SAVE TEXT FILE

2. Removed contents from a text file and saved by mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed contents from a text file and saved by mistake: Hi,Unfortunately I removed contents from a text file and saved it by mistake. Now its blank. I had some important notes there. Is there any way I can still recover that?...
  3. Removed contents from a text file and saved by mistake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removed contents from a text file and saved by mistake: Hi,Unfortunately I removed contents from a text file and saved it by mistake. Now its blank. I had some important notes there. Is there any way I can still recover that?...
  4. Removed contents from a text file and saved by mistake

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Error when Saving text file to D:

in Windows 10 Support
    Error when Saving text file to D:: I believe I am administrator but if I try to save a notepad text file, I get A required privilege is not held by the client Can I fix this anyhow? Thanks - - - Updated - - - I managed to find a solution via Google Press Windows key + R, type in regedit and hit Enter.Go to...
  6. Cannot save text documents or images files

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot save text documents or images files: Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.685) I am unable to save text files or images like I was sent a image over messenger and I cannot save it. It crashes and aske to close the program or wait. I have already been though this process. Unable to save to desktop Windows...
  7. save image as goes to a save as screen and save as text document

in Windows 10 Customization
    save image as goes to a save as screen and save as text document: when click on a picture and save image as it goes to save as screen but only option is save as text document and cant change it, it started doing this about 2 weeks ago, before that everything worked fine with pics, am using google chrome, am older guy and not computer...
  8. How to save all Windows processes to a text file using TaskList

in Windows 10 News
    How to save all Windows processes to a text file using TaskList: [ATTACH] People often tend to make the most of their computers. And while doing it, it is highly possible for the computer to run into issues. These issues can be related to the overall performance of the computer or even create [...] This post How to save all Windows...
  9. Can't save to text file with visual c# universal app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't save to text file with visual c# universal app: I can't save any changes to the text file settings.txt , but reading the file works. The code is private async void LedShow_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) { var path = @"settings.txt"; var folder =...
  10. Retrieving automatically saved forum text

in Windows 10 Support
    Retrieving automatically saved forum text: I see that my posts are saved progressively as I work on a message, but I cannot see how to retrieve the saved text. There does not seem to be a button for it. Can someone explain, please? 32943