Windows 10: save workspace/desktop layout

Discus and support save workspace/desktop layout in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; would be nice to open something and just have a lot of my productivity apps open the way I want them to on the desktop 126962 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by despues18, Feb 10, 2019.

1. despues18 Win User

save workspace/desktop layout

would be nice to open something and just have a lot of my productivity apps open the way I want them to on the desktop

:)

despues18, Feb 10, 2019
  2. a111087 Win User

photoshop workspace save?

Hey,
    I want to know if there is any way to save workspace, i.e. open files and their position, as well as zoom level, not the menu looks.
    for example if i have several files open in photoshop, if i will close program, then on the next start i will have to open each file and position it as i like and zoom if needed. very annoying *Bang Head :banghead:

a111087, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Windows Ink Workspace - Reset/Clearing Contents Programmatically

Hi Robert,

Windows Ink Workspace is part of the system icons. Just like the Start button, the process of Windows Ink Workspace is not going to present in Task Manager. If do not want your users to use the Windows Ink Workspace, we recommend that you disable it. You
    can disable Windows Ink Workspace by following these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Personalization.
    • On the left pane, choose Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Locate Windows Ink Workspace, and then click the slider to turn it off.
    • You will now notice that the Windows Ink Workspace is gone from the Taskbar.

If you still want to have a function that will allow you to automatically reset or clear the contents of Windows Ink Workspace, we recommend that you post your suggested function using the Feedback Hub like what was mentioned by
    Erika Aro so that our Engineers can look into it and release your suggested feature on the next update of Windows 10.

Regards.

Argel Obm, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Mark7805 Win User

Desktop layout saver?

Is there a program out there that can save your desktop layout as a preset or something so say if I hit auto arrange or changed a resolution by accident, I could revert it back with a click of the button?

Thanks *Smile save workspace/desktop layout :)

Mark7805, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

1. save workspace/desktop layout - Similar Threads - save workspace desktop

2. Can't Save to Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Save to Desktop: Windows 10 Professional: I am suddenly experiencing a problem I have never seen before. With two important programmes - Texpad and Junior Icon Editor - I am unable to save my work to the Desktop or into a folder on the Desktop. When hitting the 'Save as' button I get the...
  3. switch desktop layout to Windows 7 layout?

in Windows 10 Customization
    switch desktop layout to Windows 7 layout?: how do I switch from Windows 10 desktop layout to Windows 7 layout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/switch-desktop-layout-to-windows-7-layout/03d05cc9-9235-445d-b41b-c83ea5b41cd3
  4. Utility that not only SAVES desktop layout but actually RESTORES it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Utility that not only SAVES desktop layout but actually RESTORES it?: I've tried several utilities that purport to save your desktop layout and restore it when something gets messed up. They all SAVE the layout (or seem to). The problem I have is that none of them successfully RESTORE a saved layout when you need it. Indeed, trying to use...
  5. Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box: Hi, How do I prevent staff from saving files to desktop? 96569
  6. Saving Multiple Desktop Layouts

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving Multiple Desktop Layouts: I've created 5 "Desktop" screens setup for use between 3 monitors. For example: I have Chrome open in "Desktop 1" on Monitor 1. I have Microsoft Edge & Photoshop open on Monitor 2 on "Desktop 1". And lastly, on "Desktop 1" I have my Gmail inbox open on Monitor 3. Now...
  7. saving desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    saving desktop icons: Sorry if this has been asked before I missed it. My number one gripe with with windows 10 is my icons get messed up. Is there a way to save desktop icon positions, or a program that will do this. 57961
  8. Desktop scrambles Folder layout randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop scrambles Folder layout randomly: Hi there, thanks for having me Upon random occasions when I restart my computer, windows 10 decides to change the physical layout of my folders on the desktop screen. (bunches them all together) Wondering how to fix this? 103349
  9. Saving multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving multiple desktops: I set up 3 distinct desktops to manage some work. I moved copies of files, etc. Everything working fine. Shut PC down for the night. When I turned PC on the next day, all of the desktops were empty! How do I save Desktops 2, 3 etc??? 49043
  10. Start Menu Layout will not save the changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Layout will not save the changes: I just did a clean installed of Windows 10 (1709) and as I recall, this happened to me a while back as well when the Start Menu Layout will not save the changes. So when I Unpin all the apps from the Start Layout, it will not save the settings even after all the updates and...