Windows 10: SaveAs dialog box does not appear. Cannot Save documents in w10.

Discus and support SaveAs dialog box does not appear. Cannot Save documents in w10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please tell me a solution. It is very important as maybe i will lose my job if do not do the project.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rishi_Pathak, Jul 5, 2020.

1. SaveAs dialog box does not appear. Cannot Save documents in w10.

Please tell me a solution. It is very important as maybe i will lose my job if do not do the project.

:)

Rishi_Pathak, Jul 5, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working

Hello,

If the Open and Save As dialog boxes are not appearing, there might be a process or service that is conflicting with that function of Windows. We recommend that you perform a clean boot of Windows. This would aid eliminate software conflicts that occur when
    using Windows.

Note: Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when performing a clean boot. If you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original issue.

Here's how to perform a clean boot environment in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type msconfig, and select
      System Configuration from the search results.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration
      dialog box, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, then select
      Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration
      dialog box, click Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration
      dialog box, click OK, and then restart your computer.

After performing a clean boot environment of Windows, see if the Open
    and Save As dialog boxes work as they should be. If it works, then you may follow the steps below on how to determine what is causing the problem while in a clean boot environment:

• Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    • From Start. search for msconfig, then select
      msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    • Click the Services tab, and then click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services
      check box.
    • Click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    • Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
      • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through
        , but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service
        list that you originally selected.
      • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through
        , and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
        Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
      • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the
        Service
        list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step
        10. If no service causes the problem, go to step 7.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2 in this section.
    • Click the Startup tab, then click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the
      Startup Item list.
    • Click OK, and then click Restart.
      • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 7 and 8, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the
        Startup Item list that you originally selected.
      • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 7 and 8, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
        Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
      • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item
        is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected
        Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step
      • If no Startup Item causes the problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps
        1 through 6 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services
        check box in each step.
    • After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the
      System Configuration utility, and then click to clear the check box for the problem item.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

If you think this was useful, feel free to mark it as an answer to help those who are facing the same problem.

David Haz, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Tweaking Save Menu to show "Network" as a save location?

As I replied to you in your previous thread [using your RetratsRevo username], that is not a standard SaveAs dialog.

If that is all your unnamed application can provide, if the unnamed application's publishers cannot suggest a workaround and if they do not have a user forum then I suggest you search on the name of the unnamed application to see if anybody else has worked out a way of doing it.

This is a standard Windows SaveAs dialog

SaveAs dialog box does not appear. Cannot Save documents in w10. [​IMG]

Denis

Try3, Jul 5, 2020
  4. LauraWan Win User

SaveAs dialog box does not appear. Cannot Save documents in w10.

Dialog Box Save/Open

When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved
    in the drop down list? I know how to disable the jump list in Windows 10 by turning of Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar by the toggle button so that it says Off. That doesn't clear the list that I want it to.

Example in photo (Yes I am aware that is Windows 8/8.1 but I have Windows 10):

SaveAs dialog box does not appear. Cannot Save documents in w10. 866e2dca-7080-43d0-adc1-ba806bdcfe67?upload=true.png

LauraWan, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

SaveAs dialog box does not appear. Cannot Save documents in w10.

1. SaveAs dialog box does not appear. Cannot Save documents in w10. - Similar Threads - SaveAs dialog box

2. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  3. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  4. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. The save as dialog box won't respond, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The save as dialog box won't respond, but...: So, my computer started having trouble saving files today. Whenever I click "Save as", the dialog box won't respond. However, it only does this with jpg files. When I try to save a Png or gif file, it works without any issues....
  6. a dialog box suddenly appeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    a dialog box suddenly appeared: a dialog box for file copying progress suddenly appeared while i play game at full screen, it instantly minimized my game and i'm afraid it could be a malware activity or some sort of it, i seen a file named "package 9" being copied its 2,3GB in size but i didn't seen of...
  7. Save As + Browse Dialog Box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As + Browse Dialog Box: I have Windows 10 and have recently noticed a change in the “Save As” “Browse” dialog box. The dialog box used to open with the File tree on the left side. Now it opens with a list of: Author, Type, Title, etc. How can I change this dialog box back to the previous version?...
  8. Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...: New 4 Months Lennovo legion laptop with Win10 64 bit pre-installed. As indicated, the file/open file/save dialog boxes do not work for any 32 bit applications. This includes Office applications/Acrobat/Garmin/etc. Dialog boxes do work for 64 bit applications. 1 I have...
  9. Save As Dialog Box Scaling is HUGE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save As Dialog Box Scaling is HUGE: Hi, When I try to do 'Save As' in Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134 Build 17134), I get a dialog box that is super sized. Not just the size of the box but the size of the text and the icons are twice the size of my resolution in the background as in below screen shot. How do I fix...
  10. Dialog Box Save/Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialog Box Save/Open: When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved in the drop down list? I...