Windows 10: Saved "Application links" can not survive restart of Edge...

Discus and support Saved "Application links" can not survive restart of Edge... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I frequestly launch applications using links via Edge, for example WebEx. Edge would prompt me "This site is trying to open Webex" and I do check the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by m1xed0s, Jun 21, 2021.

1. m1xed0s Win User

Saved "Application links" can not survive restart of Edge...

I frequestly launch applications using links via Edge, for example WebEx. Edge would prompt me "This site is trying to open Webex" and I do check the "Always allow" checkbox as well. Under the Edge setting->Cookies and Site permissions -> Application links, the site is properly listed. Screenshots below. However, this saved application link would be removed after Edge is closed and reopened...I do set to not remove Site permissions when closing the Edge...So how would I make the save "Application Links" survive browser restart? Any suggestions?Latest stable version of the Edge on latest Windows 10 Ent 64bit.

:)

m1xed0s, Jun 21, 2021

2. Saving links in Microsoft Edge

When I save a "favorite" in Edge it will not allow me to copy and paste that link to somewhere else. I am forced to open that site in IE 11, save it as a favorite which I can then copy and paste. I keep a lot of links in separate folders outside of Windows
    applications.

Any suggestions? thanks

Michael-Bereece, Jun 21, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Saved "Application links" can not survive restart of Edge...

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Saved "Application links" can not survive restart of Edge...

1. Saved "Application links" can not survive restart of Edge... - Similar Threads - Saved Application links

2. How can I save a link to the Community? Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I save a link to the Community? Windows 10?: I have Outlook, having paid a subscription to upgrade my outlook.com.With outlook.com, I was able to have a permanent link to the Community saved on my top task bar. I don't appear to be able to do that now; the only way I was able to find the community to post this was to...
  3. How can I save a link to the Community? Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I save a link to the Community? Windows 10?: I have Outlook, having paid a subscription to upgrade my outlook.com.With outlook.com, I was able to have a permanent link to the Community saved on my top task bar. I don't appear to be able to do that now; the only way I was able to find the community to post this was to...
  4. Some application does not "survive" sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some application does not "survive" sleep mode.: Hello, I'm a new windows user but very experienced Linux/Mac user. I just started using windows a week ago. I bought a new laptop Dell XPS 15 and started to slowly install applications. Starting day 3 or 4 of my usage I tried to install RSS/News readers and twitter clients...
  5. Malware That Can Survive OS Reinstalls

in Windows 10 News
    Malware That Can Survive OS Reinstalls: Suspected Chinese Hackers Unleash Malware That Can Survive OS Reinstalls 165890
  6. I'm trying to find the save files for ARK Survival Evolved.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to find the save files for ARK Survival Evolved.: I've downloaded the game from the Microsoft Store using Xbox Game Pass. I'm trying to restore the save I backed up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-find-the-save-files-for-ark-survival/8d51b611-44b4-42fd-ba07-aedd9f725ac0
  7. Ark survival saved game files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ark survival saved game files: Where can i find .ark save files. I checked localstate it has “maps” folder for “theisland” but i only see .pnt files. I would like to be able to do a really simple import to ark smartbreeder. Simple tasks that are doable on steam are near impossible with windows store games....
  8. Ark Survival Evolved game save files don't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ark Survival Evolved game save files don't exist: I've been searching for almost 2 days now, and I am unable to locate the save game files for Ark. I've gone through the USER path all the way to PACKAGES, found a "SAVED" folder, but no save files are in there. Please help...
  9. Saving Passwords - Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Saving Passwords - Edge: Why is Edge saving site passwords on some, but not others. I have to keep signing into my email, this site, facebook, and yet it saves others. I may as well go back to vivaldi 103215
  10. Turn On or Off Save Data in Application Guard for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Save Data in Application Guard for Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Save Data in Application Guard for Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Save Data in Application Guard for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...