Windows 10: Saved Documents within File Explorer will not open

Discus and support Saved Documents within File Explorer will not open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Help, I have a Windows 10 operating system on a Lenovo YOGA 730-13 Laptop. I also have OneDrive both personal and from Work. Currently, I save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BDW3, Jan 9, 2020.

1. BDW3 Win User

Saved Documents within File Explorer will not open

Help,

I have a Windows 10 operating system on a Lenovo YOGA 730-13 Laptop. I also have OneDrive both personal and from Work.

Currently, I save several types of documents Word, Excel, PPT, etc. within folders that I have created and placed on my Desktop.

The Problem:

- Regardless of whether I go directly to the Folders on my Desktop or click on the File Explorer Search, locate the folder on my Desktop, then try to click to open an individual document … all I get is the spinning wheel of nothing. Nothing opens. Then File Explorer freezes and displays a message Not Responding.

What do I need to do? Please advise. These files are business critical.

Thank you,

:)

BDW3, Jan 9, 2020

2. XPS file opens if saved to desktop, but not a folder in Documents

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

• Do you face the same issue with all the XPS files saved in Documents folder?
    • Do you get the error while saving it in Documents folder or while opening it from XPS viewer?
    Try to save it on other folders in File explorer and check if it works.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 9, 2020
  3. saving document

Hello,

Thank you for showing interest in Windows 10.

The saving of a document depends either on the browser you are using or on the software you are using to open pdf files.

• Which browser are you using to download the pdf files?
    • Which application are you using to access pdf files?

if you are using Internet Explorer to download pdf files:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Press Ctrl + J on the keyboard.
    • It will open the downloads folder, you may check if the file is being downloaded.

If you are not able to see the file in the downloads folder. You may download it by opening it in the software that you use and then choose the 'Save As' option in it.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Sahil Bali, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Saved Documents within File Explorer will not open

How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Saved Documents within File Explorer will not open

1. Saved Documents within File Explorer will not open - Similar Threads - Saved Documents within

2. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    document file not saving in documents: since i got a new boot m.2 i had to move my files from the profile to a hard drive so when i download stuff it does not take up space ware my boot is and now when ever an app on my pc saves a file it does not save it in documents it saves the file on my desktop and i cant...
  3. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    document file not saving in documents: since i got a new boot m.2 i had to move my files from the profile to a hard drive so when i download stuff it does not take up space ware my boot is and now when ever an app on my pc saves a file it does not save it in documents it saves the file on my desktop and i cant...
  4. document file not saving in documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. top of PDF file when opened by Windows no search within document?

in Windows 10 Customization
    top of PDF file when opened by Windows no search within document?: I have inserted an image of the top part of the PDF that opens on Windows when I download documents. It does not remotely look like the Adobe one that I have on my laptop.Is there NO way to search for something within the document like putting in a name somewhere? On my old...
  6. Can't open or print saved documents or files

Can't open or print saved documents or files: Ever since the recent Windows 10 Update, I can no longer open or print any documents or files at all. If I try to open or print it says I don't have an app to perform this . . ? I am at a loss. I have never not been able to open a document....
  7. Documents in File Explorer

Documents in File Explorer: I am using Google Chrome for Windows, and when I try to open up the Documents in File Explorer, the titles come up but the documents will not open. I do writing and save my documents so that I can post my fan fiction online. Now, I cannot open the documents. Any help on this...
  8. unable to save files to Documents

unable to save files to Documents: I can save files to Desktop but not to Documents . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-save-files-to-documents/bdd17454-6a52-48bf-bb4d-a48fe6eab323
  9. File explorer unable to open word documents not responding

File explorer unable to open word documents not responding: File Explorer is unable open Word documents - not responding message and forced to end task https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-unable-to-open-word-documents-not/df30e972-dcd2-4892-9a3e-8453dadc2b50"
  10. Opening documents saved in Word

Opening documents saved in Word: Hello I have many documents created in Open Office but saved as Word docs so they can be sent to others in a readable form. Suddenly they no can no longer be opened and any attempt to do so brings up a window stating that 'You are trying to use Office but you don't have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get help with file explorer in windows 10 open attachment instead of save