Windows 10: Saved emails not going to my Drafts folder?

Discus and support Saved emails not going to my Drafts folder? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; For some reason, emails that I am writing that I close and save are not going to my Drafts folder. I checked the setting in Outlook, lowered the number... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by kwitel, Aug 29, 2018.

1. kwitel Win User

Saved emails not going to my Drafts folder?

For some reason, emails that I am writing that I close and save are not going to my Drafts folder. I checked the setting in Outlook, lowered the number of minutes needed before its saved to 0 and directed it to my Drafts folder but still nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for reading.

:)

kwitel, Aug 29, 2018
  2. GordonB-P Win User

Save drafts.

Never having used Hotmail particularly in a Browser, then I suspect that there was some setting to enable that. That's certainly NOT normal behaviour. The point of a Drafts Folder is just that - it's
    temporary storage for a mail that you've started but are not ready to send.

See my comment above.

I don't understand why you would want to save an email to Drafts automatically - that's not what the Drafts folder is for. And yes, that's normal behaviour for the draft to vanish when the email
    is sent - the email can be found in your Sent Items folder.

The only thing that I can think of, is that somehow, in the past, you have managed to set the Drafts Folder to be the location for sent emails.

GordonB-P, Aug 29, 2018
  3. WP10 is not saving body of draft emails

When typing an email and interrupted, then returning to that email in drafts, the To: address remains as well as the topic, but the body of the draft email does not appear.

Is there a save button that I've been missing? Or some steps I'm doing wrong?

What a pain!

Phil.

scadaman29325 R2, Aug 29, 2018
  4. Chriso747 Win User

windows live mail sent emails appear in draft sent folder and not sent folder

I'm not sure I understand how you know that the message in your drafts folder is sent. Is there some visible indication of this or are you assuming that it went and now sits in the drafts folder?

Anyway, I'm sure you're sending emails properly, but to confirm with you the following: when you compose an email and save it in Drafts, it will remain in Drafts even though you hit the Send/Receive button to send it. While in Drafts, it needs to be double-clicked
    back into the edit screen and then you press Send. It then goes into the Outbox folder and when you press Send/Receive it then goes to the recipient and your email gets saved in the Sent Folder. I just state this to make sure that this is all correct with
    you and that's what you have been doing.

If the above is what you have been doing, then I suggest that you send a test email back to yourself. Does this email still mysteriously moves into the Drafts folder? And do you eventually receive it into your Inbox?

If you are not receiving your email back to yourself and it moves from Outbox and into Drafts folder as Sent, then I would ask, is your email account a Pop3 or IMAP account?

One other thing: when in Live Mail, click on View and then on Storage Folders. A new listing Storage Folder with sub folders will appear on the left. Are there any emails (particularly the email in question) found in any of the boxes under Storage Folders?

Chriso747, Aug 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Saved emails not going to my Drafts folder? - Similar Threads - Saved emails going

2. why are sent emails being saved in draft folder multiple copies?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are sent emails being saved in draft folder multiple copies?: Why has my mail app started saving my sent emails in the draft folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-sent-emails-being-saved-in-draft-folder/75f43af9-9e47-4eaa-a652-31f37f18c656
  3. why are sent emails being saved in draft folder multiple copies?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why are sent emails being saved in draft folder multiple copies?: Why has my mail app started saving my sent emails in the draft folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-sent-emails-being-saved-in-draft-folder/75f43af9-9e47-4eaa-a652-31f37f18c656
  4. "Message can'not be saved as draft" PDF won't attach to email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Message can'not be saved as draft" PDF won't attach to email: I have a 164.8kb pdf file that won't attach to my yahoo email. I get the error "Message cannot be saved as draft". Using Windows 7. Screenshot below. Any solution to this or a work around? Thank you....
  5. "Message can'not be saved as draft" PDF won't attach to email

"Message can'not be saved as draft" PDF won't attach to email: I have a 164.8kb pdf file that won't attach to my yahoo email. I get the error "Message cannot be saved as draft". Using Windows 7. Screenshot below. Any solution to this or a work around? Thank you....
  6. Windows Live email does not save changes in a draft email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live email does not save changes in a draft email.: Looks like this has been a problem for years now.On my laptop Windows 10, I keep a draft email for my grocery list. I email it to myself when I'm going shopping. I access this DRAFT email frequently over the course of a week or so. However, what I've noticed is that CHANGES I...
  7. Windows Live email does not save changes in a draft email.

Windows Live email does not save changes in a draft email.: Looks like this has been a problem for years now.On my laptop Windows 10, I keep a draft email for my grocery list. I email it to myself when I'm going shopping. I access this DRAFT email frequently over the course of a week or so. However, what I've noticed is that CHANGES I...
  8. Emails going to drafts folder instead of being sent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Emails going to drafts folder instead of being sent: I see a lot of posts for the same problem. How can this be corrected? It's very frustrating when you think you've sent an email and await an answer when only to find it in the "drafts" folder. What is the problem and why is this happening?...
  9. Where is my DRAFTS FOLDER?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where is my DRAFTS FOLDER?: I updated Windows 10 and cannot find my DRAFTS folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-drafts-folder/9c84a319-6208-4778-a370-767ac29dcc2c
  10. sending email are saved in draft folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    sending email are saved in draft folder: Good morning. I noticed that when I send messages through the '' windows mail '' application while it shows being sent, when I go to outllook.com they are stored in the draft(or clipboard,i don't how we translate in english). What happens?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant find saved emails in draft folder

2. drafts saving to outbox and not drafts folder

3. how to save emails in drafts in windows 10

4. saved draft not in drafts folder,
  5. My draft emails are not saving in my draft folder,
  6. draft emails not saving in draft folder