Windows 10: Saved image desktop backgrounds

Discus and support Saved image desktop backgrounds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What is the directory in Windows 10 in which a selected image (after being applied to desktop background) is saved? 15565 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cammulc, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Cammulc Win User

Saved image desktop backgrounds

What is the directory in Windows 10 in which a selected image (after being applied to desktop background) is saved?

:)

Cammulc, Aug 11, 2015

2. How to delete the Background images in Windows 10

I'm confused. Here's a simple solution.

Select the swimming image as your desktop background.

Now select the running image as your desktop background.

Now select the Windows 10 logo image as your desktop background.

Open MSPaint. Make a smiley face. Save it out as one file. Go to the Settings :: Personalization :: Background page again. Browse to that smiley face. Set that as your background.

That bad fifth "trees" image should be gone now. Is it?

zachd [MSFT], Aug 11, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    how do i change the background color of an image ?

If you want a white background, the only real way to achieve this is to create a new image the same resolution of your desktop (e.g 1920 * 1080 at 96dpi) in you image editor (Paint, Photoshop . . . etc.), Make wure the whole image is white, save the image
    and set it as your background image . . .

DaveM121, Aug 11, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
    and save as TranscodedXXX without file extension

topgundcp, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Cammulc Win User
    Sry.. No have been there. That is default Windows 10 themes.. that directory does not even host the Windows themes that you download when adding more through the windows systems "get more themes online" let alone the personal single desktop pictures that you store ( which is what im asking the directory for )... However, thank you for your time.

Edit: save a picture off google to your desktop, then set that picture as your background, then delete that picture from where you saved it (your desktop), then notice that that picture is still your background, then try to find out how to delete that from your system.. is what I am saying.

Cammulc, Aug 11, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    And that was my answer. You download a picture from the web to desktop, set it as background. Windows will take a copy of that image and put it in: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
    but rename it as TrancodeWallpaper. Now if you make a copy of it and put on the desktop, rename it as Transcodewallpaper.jpg, you'll see that image again.

So if you set your background with some other image, Windows will override TrancodeWallpaper with the new image.

topgundcp, Aug 11, 2015
  7. Cammulc Win User
    The transcode name is what threw me. A good thing to know, thanks again!

Cammulc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Saved image desktop backgrounds - Similar Threads - Saved image desktop

2. image with transparent background wont save with transparent background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image with transparent background wont save with transparent background: I tried saving image with transparent background using multiple programs, but none of them worked - when i opened my image it didnt have transparent background. I tried deleting some pixels, selecting transparent background or using crop tools. this never happened to me on...
  3. image with transparent background wont save with transparent background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image with transparent background wont save with transparent background: I tried saving image with transparent background using multiple programs, but none of them worked - when i opened my image it didnt have transparent background. I tried deleting some pixels, selecting transparent background or using crop tools. this never happened to me on...
  4. Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background desktop image not syncing on new desktop: A week ago I installed my new custom built Windows 10 desktop. It arrived with Windows 10 already set up with an administrator Local account and no password. The first thing I did was change the account to signed in with my Microsoft account with a PIN. I changed the "Sync...
  5. DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE

DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE: Can someone please tell me how to change the background image on my desktop - it USED to be on the page where you set your screen saver - but obviously someone wanted to hide it from us old people . -= How do I now find where I can change it - it has picked an image from...
  6. Desktop Background Image

Desktop Background Image: I want to share my current desktop background image. How may I copy and send that image file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-image/3fd31b9c-54e6-41c3-a3e9-add795e419f2
  7. Setting animated image as Desktop Background

Setting animated image as Desktop Background: sir, I want to set an animated background ***Original title: Desktop background*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-animated-image-as-desktop-background/638790b6-ca67-44e5-9975-1b61cdac38da
  8. Multiple Tiled Images Desktop Background

Multiple Tiled Images Desktop Background: Hello all, Ive hit a bit of a puzzle and was wondering if anyone can help. I Have a dual monitor setup, one landscape 27inch monitor and one portrait 24 inch monitor. I have custom backgrounds on my desktop but the portrait monitor has black bits top and bottom. I know that...
  9. desktop background image will not display

desktop background image will not display: had windows 7. now have windows 10. the start menu shows small version of correct desktop image I have chosen (family picture) but on the desktop it is black background. I can change the desktop image and it will remain black, yet the start menu image WILL change. so why...
  10. save in my desktop background

save in my desktop background: I don't know how to save a desktop picture instead of a solid colour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/save-in-my-desktop-background/19f295ea-99bd-48d3-91ff-f30e2a454897