Windows 10: Saved Microsoft Excel File Not Encrypted in the Encrypted Folder

Discus and support Saved Microsoft Excel File Not Encrypted in the Encrypted Folder in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When a *.xls excel file is saved in a encrypted folder the file is not automatically encrypted.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tanpaul11, May 6, 2020.

1. tanpaul11 Win User

Saved Microsoft Excel File Not Encrypted in the Encrypted Folder

When a *.xls excel file is saved in a encrypted folder the file is not automatically encrypted.

:)

tanpaul11, May 6, 2020

2. Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, May 6, 2020
  3. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, May 6, 2020
  4. Saved Microsoft Excel File Not Encrypted in the Encrypted Folder

Can't Encrypting Folder

Hi Jeanette,

The Encrypting File System (EFS) is the built-in encryption tool in Windows used to encrypt files and folders on NTFS drives to protect them from unwanted access. This is the strongest protection that is available in Windows to help you
    keep your individual files and folders secure. Here are the steps on how you can encrypt files and folders in Windows 10:

• Right-click the folder or file you want to encrypt, and then click Properties.
    • In the General tab, click on the Advanced button.
    • Check the Encrypt contents to secure data box, and click on OK.
    • Click OK and close Properties window.
    • Apply changes to the folder, subfolders and files when prompted. If it is a file, select to either Encrypt the file and its parent folder or Encrypt the file only for what you want, and click
      on OK.

Tip: The first time you encrypt a folder or file, an encryption certificate is automatically created. You should backup your encryption certificate. If you lose access to your encrypted files
    and folders, you will not be able to open them again unless you first restore the file encryption key for them.

Do let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Saved Microsoft Excel File Not Encrypted in the Encrypted Folder

1. Saved Microsoft Excel File Not Encrypted in the Encrypted Folder - Similar Threads - Saved Microsoft Excel

2. Files encrypted

in Windows 10 Support
    Files encrypted: Dear Experts, I know that it is irrelevant to raise this type of queries in the platform, but can anyone please help me to solve the problem I faced. Some time back, all image files (.jpg) in different folders have been encrypted with .adobe files (i.e....
  3. Files Encrypted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files Encrypted: Hi I would like to ask is there anyway I decrypt my files that got encrypted with the extension .encrypted https://prnt.sc/r6ehs3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/files-encrypted/2770e141-02c8-442c-82cc-e34fdc6f557c
  4. Encrypted Files

Encrypted Files: I recently decided I wanted to mod Enter the Gungeon. To do that, I had to move it from the microsoft store and onto a drive on my computer where the mod software could recognize the EtG.exe file. I moved all the game files onto the drive and now all the files have a gold...
  5. Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...

Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...: I do not use a smart card. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypting-file-system-you-are-encrypting-a-file/a56f8b42-45e4-4d23-a119-5b4ee55f305e"
  6. [Solved] Files Keep Saving as Encrypted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [Solved] Files Keep Saving as Encrypted: Lenovo Thinkpad E531, Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903 After the Windows 10 v1903 update, new files are automatically being saved as encrypted (with gold lock icon in the upper-right corner), except for those created directly on the desktop. If I remove the encryption per file or...
  7. Files Keep Saving as Encrypted

Files Keep Saving as Encrypted: Lenovo Thinkpad E531, Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903 After the Windows 10 v1903 update, new files are automatically being saved as encrypted (with gold lock icon in the upper-right corner), except for those created directly on the desktop. If I remove the encryption per file or...
  8. Files Keep Saving as Encrypted

in Windows 10 Support
    Files Keep Saving as Encrypted: Lenovo Thinkpad E531, Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903 After the Windows 10 v1903 update, new files are automatically being saved as encrypted (with gold lock icon in the upper-right corner), except for those created directly on the desktop. - If I remove the encryption per file or...
  9. Folder Encryption.

Folder Encryption.: Hello Microsoft Community, I want to encrypt a folder on my computer, but i am finding it impossible to do so. I first went to the folder, and selected, Properties/General/Advanced, but the option to encrypt the folder was grayed out. I then looked on the internet for a...
  10. File and Folder encryption

File and Folder encryption: I want to enable file and folder encryption in Windows 10. The encryption enabling check box in advanced options is grayed-out. The system will not allow me to change the value at NftsDisableEncryption DWORD. The value is set at zero, which I think means encryption is...