Windows 10: Saved Theme / OldNewExplorer issue

Discus and support Saved Theme / OldNewExplorer issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Saved my theme settings within the personalization selection of the themes selection in the Settings app. Everything is cool except the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChristianBearslyClark, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Saved Theme / OldNewExplorer issue

I have Saved my theme settings within the personalization selection of the themes selection in the Settings app.

Everything is cool except the OldNewExplorer. It's works, half of the time tho.

....is it something to do when I log out ? Any ideas ?

I have Windows 10 PRO desktop version 2004.

:)

ChristianBearslyClark, Jul 23, 2020

2. Saved Theme / OldNewExplorer issue

I have Saved my theme settings within the personalization selection of the themes selection in the Settings app.

Everything is cool except the OldNewExplorer. It's works, half of the time tho.

....is it something to do when I log out ? Any ideas ?

I have Windows 10 PRO desktop version 2004.

ChristianBearslyClark, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Anton.U Win User
    Saved Theme / OldNewExplorer issue

Hello ChristianBearslyClark,

I am Antonio, a Microsoft Community independent advisor, a Windows 10 and Microsoft office user like you. I hope I can help you on your concern.

To be able to assist you properly, I would like to ask few questions from you, please see below:

1. What are the issues you encounter on the saved theme and the oldnew Explorer?

2. Can you please give us more information details of the issue?

You're response is highly appreciated.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Keep safe always.

Sincerely,

Antonio

Anton.U, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Saved Theme / OldNewExplorer issue

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Saved Theme / OldNewExplorer issue

1. Saved Theme / OldNewExplorer issue - Similar Threads - Saved Theme OldNewExplorer

2. theming issues?

in Windows 10 Customization
    theming issues?: Anyone use any theme patcher like UltraUXthemepatcher or UXthemepatcher? I have had to reinstall windows using 21H1 builds 3 times in 2 weeks cause of issues(green screens, crazy wierd issues etc) anyway i couldnt get theming to work at all. Then I realized when I reinstalled...
  3. Unable to Delete Saved Themes

Unable to Delete Saved Themes: I know how to add and change themes, But how do I DELETE themes I no longer want saved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-saved-themes/c1f7fed6-842f-4ca9-b10a-9bd252526da2
  4. Problem Saving Theme

Problem Saving Theme: I can't keep my own theme which is from an earlier version of Win 10. I can't save same theme and I always receive the following message: "Use custom theme". Please advise how to solve same issue John [Original Title: THEMES in settings]...
  5. Question about custom dark themes and OldNewExplorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about custom dark themes and OldNewExplorer: Hi all, I've installed UltraUXThemePatcher and the custom theme DarkTen, as there are some programs like qBittorrent with no built in dark mode and they burn my eyes. My understanding (based on guides like this one) is that you also need to install OldNewExplorer. However,...
  6. save a theme error

save a theme error: what happens if I press save in the "save a theme" error. will it run a virus on my computer? was it good to choose save? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-a-theme-error/3a1e04bd-278e-48e9-880f-a612f22ba280
  7. Cannot Save Theme

Cannot Save Theme: Hello, I've encountered problem when i try to name theme from "Save Theme" it suddenly disappear,so it prevent me from saving the theme. Any help will be appreciated, thank you...
  8. Is OldNewExplorer installed and usable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is OldNewExplorer installed and usable?: I am trying to use oldnewexplorer (ONE). When I try to install ONE I find it reported as installed. I can find no evidence of the installation. It does not appear in control panel installed program list . Search does not find it. A file search reports only one entry - the...
  9. "Save a Theme"

"Save a Theme": I have just had an error with title "Save a Theme" and message "Windows can't find one of the files in this theme. Do you still want to save the theme?" appear, during normal use of Windows 10. I have never tried to save a theme, and did not have any settings windows open at...
  10. OldNewExplorer - working then not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OldNewExplorer - working then not working: I really want my Details Pane to be at the bottom of the screen (Win7) rather than the RH side (Win10) and OldNewExplorer is the only thing that does this for Win10 users (as far as I know). But it seems to stop working of its own accord - I've just noticed that it's not...