Windows 10: Saved to Desktop Icon, won't appear in My PC when try attach to email

Discus and support Saved to Desktop Icon, won't appear in My PC when try attach to email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I saved a file to my desktop/documents folder. When writing an email, I clicked on the paperclip (attach file) icon and it brought up the drop down... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jazdrums1, Aug 2, 2016.

1. jazdrums1 Win User

Saved to Desktop Icon, won't appear in My PC when try attach to email

I saved a file to my desktop/documents folder. When writing an email, I clicked on the paperclip (attach file) icon and it brought up the drop down menu of everything. When I clicked on the documents folder and then searched for that same file it didn't appear. It still appears on the desktop folder though.
    So, how can I ensure whatever I save gets saved everywhere or is findable when I try to use email attachment?

:)

jazdrums1, Aug 2, 2016

2. pictures in word document not readible on windows phone

So I just opened Word on my PC and created a document with just a few words and then inserted a picture within the body of the document. I saved it then emailed it to myself.

I got the email on my device and see the email has an attachment (small word icon showing an attachment). If I click on the icon it open and the document appears with the picture.

The picture below shows on the left the email with an attachment and on the right is the document opened.

Saved to Desktop Icon, won't appear in My PC when try attach to email [​IMG]

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Where an email attachment stored?

Jack i have emailed an attached mp3 file (small) to my windows phone (windows 8.1) when i long press the icon "turkey gobble.mp3" the options "save" and "cancel download" are there but are grayed out. any ideas?

Kevinguertin, Aug 2, 2016
Thema:

Saved to Desktop Icon, won't appear in My PC when try attach to email

1. Saved to Desktop Icon, won't appear in My PC when try attach to email - Similar Threads - Saved Desktop Icon

2. This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons: What is this its on top of all my desktop icons and pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-icon-appeared-on-my-desktop-on-all-my-icons/cf37822c-5db9-4d34-a951-3edc712ddc95
  3. This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This icon appeared on my desktop on all my icons: What is this its on top of all my desktop icons and pdf files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-icon-appeared-on-my-desktop-on-all-my-icons/cf37822c-5db9-4d34-a951-3edc712ddc95
  4. "Message can'not be saved as draft" PDF won't attach to email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Message can'not be saved as draft" PDF won't attach to email: I have a 164.8kb pdf file that won't attach to my yahoo email. I get the error "Message cannot be saved as draft". Using Windows 7. Screenshot below. Any solution to this or a work around? Thank you....
  5. "Message can'not be saved as draft" PDF won't attach to email

"Message can'not be saved as draft" PDF won't attach to email: I have a 164.8kb pdf file that won't attach to my yahoo email. I get the error "Message cannot be saved as draft". Using Windows 7. Screenshot below. Any solution to this or a work around? Thank you....
  6. error when trying to save to desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error when trying to save to desktop: [ATTACH] how do i fix on dell Optiplex 755 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-trying-to-save-to-desktop/29b20557-680f-4dd9-8b3e-fe4b6fdb9682
  7. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....
  8. Email attachments do not appear on Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Email attachments do not appear on Desktop: Hi there I am a first time user of this forum. Using Outlook 365 on Windows 10 Desktop PC Email attachments do not appear when saved to my Desktop. They do save in Downloads but not on the Desktop. Very frustrating*Mad Any suggestions? 56490
  9. "Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why?

"Email Attachments" folder appears in my OneDrive. Why?: I notice that a folder named "Email Attachments" appears by itself in my OneDrive. The folder is empty. Deleting this folder makes it to reappear by itself later. This behavior started relatively recently. But since I use my OneDrive on multiple Windows 10 computers as well...
  10. Icons on Desktop move when saved

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on Desktop move when saved: Hi This might seem like a trivial problem compared to some of the others on this site, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix my icon problem. I have icons for certain files - word and excel, that I arrange in convenient places on the desktop. If I edit these then...