Windows 10: Saved Word files will not open in file explorer, after clicking on the file name error...

Discus and support Saved Word files will not open in file explorer, after clicking on the file name error... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After I save a download or a document and try to open it in file explorer the computer just spins with a green progress ball. I have to hit escape and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimSweeney2, May 22, 2020.

1. Saved Word files will not open in file explorer, after clicking on the file name error...

After I save a download or a document and try to open it in file explorer the computer just spins with a green progress ball. I have to hit escape and then click the X to get out of the file window. Then all of my icons disappear from my desktop for a second and the computer comes back to normal.

thanks

:)

JimSweeney2, May 22, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, May 22, 2020
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, May 22, 2020
  4. ax_Cap Win User

Saved Word files will not open in file explorer, after clicking on the file name error...

Can't open or rename file (name is too long) WTF?

Solved!!!!!

Use 7zip.

open the 7zip file manager, go to the folder of the long name file, select the file, right click on it and select "rename".
    erase some of the words of the file and press enter.

regards!!!!!

ax_Cap, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Saved Word files will not open in file explorer, after clicking on the file name error...

1. Saved Word files will not open in file explorer, after clicking on the file name error... - Similar Threads - Saved Word files

2. Saved Word files not showing up, even after restaring/resetting File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Word files not showing up, even after restaring/resetting File Explorer.: Been having an issue with this for a while.Initially, word folders would be saved and accessible through the recent documents from Word but the file isn't visible in the saved folder. Accessing folder via file path didn't help as the document isn't visible. I've already tried...
  3. Saved Word files not showing up, even after restaring/resetting File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved Word files not showing up, even after restaring/resetting File Explorer.: Been having an issue with this for a while.Initially, word folders would be saved and accessible through the recent documents from Word but the file isn't visible in the saved folder. Accessing folder via file path didn't help as the document isn't visible. I've already tried...
  4. Windows File Explorer alphabetization error for file names with two or more words separate...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer alphabetization error for file names with two or more words separate...: I recently noticed this weird error in the way File Explorer sorts filenames. Here is an example of what it produces;ccat sat on the matcat satcatThe correct order should be:ccatcat satcat sat on the matAs soon as a space appears in a name then File Explorer messes things up....
  5. Mouse clicks to move files in File Explorer open files instead

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse clicks to move files in File Explorer open files instead: I tried searching for this issue but didn't see anything related in the first three pages of search results. This started about 10 days ago. When selecting files in File Explorer with my mouse, the files open as I try to drag them them to other folders. Very frustrating. I...
  6. Clicking on the 'Screenshot saved' notification does not open File Explorer.

Clicking on the 'Screenshot saved' notification does not open File Explorer.: I'm running it on two PC's. Bad PC - it used to work. After taking a screenshot - full screen or active window it used to open File Explorer 'Screenshots' location when I clicked in the notification panel. Something broke, and it doesn't do it anymore. Good PC - everything...
  7. File Explorer - Saving Error

File Explorer - Saving Error: Does anyone know why I keep getting this error when I'm trying to save? It does not happen all the time which is what makes it odd.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-saving-error/751d8aa9-8355-467e-bc8a-68ce43dcba01
  8. Save As file name now opens a folder containing part of the file name instead of saving.

Save As file name now opens a folder containing part of the file name instead of saving.: Hello all, as of today I am now having a frustrating problem with Windows 10 when attempting to save a file with Save As. If the name I type for the file to be saved is the same as, or the same as part of a folders name, clicking save now opens that folder instead of saving...
  9. Clicking on a word file in Exploring does not open Word 2007 like it should

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking on a word file in Exploring does not open Word 2007 like it should: On my Win 7 computer at home, if I doubleclick a Word file in Exploring, it successfully opens Word 2007. On my Win 10 laptop, though, even though Word 2007 is on it and can be opened easily and works great, if I doubleclick a Word file in Exploring, it asks me if I want to...
  10. File Explorer Not Responding After Clicking on A File

File Explorer Not Responding After Clicking on A File: Hello, I am facing a weird problem, where everything was fine and then every time I click a file in my File Explorer, it stops working and turns into "Not Responding". Opening folders work well. It happens only when I click on a file and try to delete it or move it. I am...