Windows 10: saved work

Discus and support saved work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Quite frequently there is some kind of update and all of my saved work and passwords disappear. I am very frustrated and upset that it happens so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by carriesproviero, May 23, 2019.

1. saved work

Quite frequently there is some kind of update and all of my saved work and passwords disappear. I am very frustrated and upset that it happens so often with no warning. Anything that is saved in my favourites disappears too. What is going on? how do I turn this off!!

Carrie

:)

carriesproviero, May 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 23, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 23, 2019
  4. saved work

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, May 23, 2019
Thema:

saved work

1. saved work - Similar Threads - saved

2. How do I fix "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"?: I did a screen recording with Bandicam and tried to crop the video in the Photos app. However, when I click 'Save as', I get an error message that says "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead." I know this is an error...
  3. Titlebar color keeps turning to black & settings not saving.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Titlebar color keeps turning to black & settings not saving.: I changed my "accent color" to grey, everything works fine. I restart or shut my computer down, I turn it on and now my titlebar's color and window border's color. is now black. and If I wanted to not show my accent color on titlebars, start, action center, taskbar. or turn...
  4. Can't save spreadsheets in .xlsx format

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't save spreadsheets in .xlsx format: I am still using the old Office XP (2002) software. My Windows 10 pc has the 'Compatability Pack for the 2007 Office system' installed. Looking in Default Programs, .xlsx is associated with 'Microsoft Open XML Converter'. when trying to save a spreadsheet, the Excel 2007...
  5. How to make auto save work on word when you are unable to make the option work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make auto save work on word when you are unable to make the option work: I am currently working with word on a ipad and i noticed that i was unable to turn on the autosave setting and I was wondering how I can fix that. This problem has risen within the account that I use with my given college email. Would it matter if my college gave me word for...
  6. Windows 10 doesn't save WIFI network [RESOLVED]

Windows 10 doesn't save WIFI network [RESOLVED]: Dear All, I have a problem with WIFI profiles. Windows 10 memorize only the last WIFI network to which I was connected. When I connect to a WIFI, I have to insert Password and the previous WIFI network disappear from Known Network list. In other words I see only one...
  7. Can't do save or save as when editing photos.

Can't do save or save as when editing photos.: Hello, I recently updated to the new Windows version 1903 and I opened paint.net, I edited a photo and when I was going to save it, It said "(Directory) File not found. Check the filename and try again." This started happening after I updated...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't save WIFI network

Windows 10 doesn't save WIFI network: Dear All, I have a problem with WIFI profiles. Windows 10 memorize only the last WIFI network to which I was connected. When I connect to a WIFI, I have to insert Password and the previous WIFI network disappear from Known Network list. In other words I see only one...
  9. Bitlocker - Save to your cloud domain account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker - Save to your cloud domain account: Hi, It looks like for the option 'Save to your cloud domain account' to appear when backing up the Bitlocker key, the user needs to be an administrator. Currently, when setting up Bitlocker on a new computer for a domain user, I have to first temporarily add the domain...
  10. saving multiple images in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    saving multiple images in windows 10: saving multiple images in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-multiple-images-in-windows-10/f8297067-4084-451a-a70e-1f29330be350