Windows 10: Saving a file in a program activates RestartManager

Discus and support Saving a file in a program activates RestartManager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a bit odd, I think. I have no idea if it's a big deal or not. I was checking out event viewer and saw a lot of entries for RestartManager. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chopkinsca, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Saving a file in a program activates RestartManager

This is a bit odd, I think. I have no idea if it's a big deal or not. I was checking out event viewer and saw a lot of entries for RestartManager. It would always come in pairs on the same second, "Starting session" and "ending session" (Event ID 10000 and 10001). I finally tracked down what triggered it. It's from GZDoombuilder, and happens every time I save in that program. I'm not sure what kind of help I can get from this, but thought I'd try. Let me know if more information is needed, I'm not the best at explaining things.

:)

Chopkinsca, Oct 15, 2018
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Program data files not saving

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Saving a file in a program activates RestartManager

Program data files not saving

I've just executed all of the above commands. No issues were detected with the scannow. None of the above steps have resolved my problem. Very perplexing what is causing the problem on the laptop but not on the desktop pc.

JeffHeppner, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Saving a file in a program activates RestartManager

1. Saving a file in a program activates RestartManager - Similar Threads - Saving file program

2. cannot save file from art program error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot save file from art program error: Hi! So I've been having problems with saving existing files as png/jpeg/any format from my art program, Clip Studio PaintI would open a file, click 'save as', then when I try saving it, the program closes. When I check easy access, the supposed save file says 'file may have...
  3. .R programming file saved in OneDrive but 0kB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .R programming file saved in OneDrive but 0kB: Hi I've saved .R programming files on OneDrive in Windows, but when I tried to open them they were both empty. I also checked the OneDrive website but it's the same. Let me know if there are any way the information can be recovered...
  4. .R programming file saved in OneDrive but 0kB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .R programming file saved in OneDrive but 0kB: Hi I've saved .R programming files on OneDrive in Windows, but when I tried to open them they were both empty. I also checked the OneDrive website but it's the same. Let me know if there are any way the information can be recovered...
  5. Not able to change where program files are saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to change where program files are saved: I'm not able to change where my Program files save location. I've tried multiple tutorials and none of them seem to work. Also this might be linked to the problem; in Registry editor at the Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Windows\CurrentVersion thing I don't have alot of...
  6. Unable to save Program files to local Disk's Program Files/Program Files x86

Unable to save Program files to local Disk's Program Files/Program Files x86: I am not exactly sure when the issue start but recently when I try and install any programs and save them to my Program files or Program files x86 I get an error message saying I do not have permissions. I am NOT trying to save documents to the folder or anything like that,...
  7. Help with a program saving files incorrectly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with a program saving files incorrectly.: Hi. I've recently started having issues saving disc files (.bin, .iso) with a program "UltraISO". It saves a file as larger than the original file even without any modifications, and with some files it saves it in the same size, but still has a different CRC so there are...
  8. Where does Windows 10 save files when it is called to and cannot save files to Program...

Where does Windows 10 save files when it is called to and cannot save files to Program...: I am using Windows 10 home, updated as by current updates 28/08/2020. I have a legacy program from prior, pre-7 versions of Windows, HeavyMetalPro, which saves data to the Program Files x86 folder. I had inadvertently not been running it is administration mode apparently...
  9. changing where programs get saved on file explorer.

changing where programs get saved on file explorer.: as it stand by default 'Program Files along with 'Program Files(x86) get saved under the 'windows (c:)' drive, how is it/ or is it possible to change there locations to something like say a 'external hard drive (D:) [ATTACH]...
  10. Programs unable to save files in my documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs unable to save files in my documents: Hello, I need help with my Windows machine. I have built my first custom PC, I first installed windows 10 without a key, later I bought a key for Windows 10 Pro and upgraded it. The problem I have is that some of my software can't work properly, because they are unable to...