Windows 10: Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access"

Discus and support Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I download a pdf file (A billing statement in this case), I would like to select "Save As" and be able to select the folder directly from one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by keithet, Feb 12, 2016.

1. keithet Win User

Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access"

When I download a pdf file (A billing statement in this case), I would like to select "Save As" and be able to select the folder directly from one of the folders shown in Quick Access that is shown in File Explorer without having to rummage through all the folders on my three drives. Right now, "Save As" causes the folder selection to start with My PC. Is there an easy way for the list of folders in Quick Access to be displayed when I select "Save As" to save the file? Starting in My PC makes me go through the mess of finding the folder in which I want to save the file.

Thanks for any help.
    Keith

:)

keithet, Feb 12, 2016

2. How to find a list of Recent Documents in Windows 10

I'm sorry to say that File Explorer, Quick Access sucks. It just saved a pdf copy of this page to my My Documents, Computer folder. In Win7, my computer folder would show up in "Recent Files". Guess what isn't in "Quick Access"? I found this very handy
    when saving multiple documents to the same folder even in a different browsing session.

RDanis_848, Feb 12, 2016
  3. RJL_web Win User
    Changing default view in folder list in File Explorer

When I am "saving as" to browse for a folder Windows opens File Explorer, but instead of opening at the top where Quick Access appears, it moves down to Local Disk (CSaving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access" :). As a result I have to scroll up to get to the Quick Access area where most of my files
    can be quickly located. Is there a way to set the view so that it opens at the top of File Explorer where the Quick Access folders are?

RJL_web, Feb 12, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Hi keithet,

You are able to change the default output locations for saving files, but I'm not sure if you can do what you're trying to do.
    How to change your default save locations on Windows 10

I, too, hate navigating through the Explorer Tree, just to find a single folder. What I have found to be much easier is to set up shortcuts, which it sounds like that's what you've done along your Taskbar. From that point I just download everything to the Desktop and use the Drag & Drop method. Using third party programs, such as Folders Popup, makes it even easier.

I do hope there is a way to do what you're asking though, as that would be a nice alternative.

Good luck,

5. AndreTen Win User
    Quick Acess in just there: in the top left corner. Doesn't it shows?
    Attachment 64107

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access" - Similar Threads - Saving file folder

2. recent files and folders, quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recent files and folders, quick access: hello all, just wondering if this is a setting that i have missed. but i really like the recent files and folders feature, I.E; recent files opened are displayed when right clicking Adobe PDF, Word, Excel, ect ect on task-bar and also recent folders shown by right...
  3. Quick Access folder

Quick Access folder: My Quick Saver folder is displaying all my files on the startup screen. How do I get my screensaver I chose back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folder/4a800131-3fc0-4aaf-8d3b-6a388311ddc0"
  4. how to save fortfinancialcu.org into the quick access file

how to save fortfinancialcu.org into the quick access file: how to save any file into the quick access file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-fortfinancialcuorg-into-the-quick/b401892d-8ad6-491f-8c6b-9d6e53f2dc1a"
  5. Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access: Hello after recent problems with my windows updates my qucik access got all weird. My recently opened/frequently used files or not showing on the left side unless pinned (which I don't want to do with some). I do have activated the "show recent files" as you can see in my...
  6. Access to shared folders but no access to save or move files

Access to shared folders but no access to save or move files: Clean install of w10. I am signed in w/a local account which is also an admin account on the PC I'm saving/moving too. I have read/write access to these folders but I cannot save to the folders. Any idea what's going on? [img] 18849
  7. Quick Access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access folders: Right now Quick Access will show the real folder name once the folder is added. One might have multiple folders with an identical name but on different locations on the drive, e.g. x:\PDF\MyName x:\XLS\MyName x:\Doc\MyName Is there no way to provide these a kind of...
  8. Quick access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folders: Hi i have noticed that some folder i use have appeared under the quick access list and there does not seem to be a a way of removing them Folders i have added to this list have a small pin on the right and its easy to unpin them but these folder do not have the pin so how...
  9. Recent file or folders in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent file or folders in Quick Access: I have browsed through Add or Remove Frequent folders from Quick access in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials However it is not clear to me, how I may keep only the normal items, but not continually add "recent" items. Sorry if this seems a stupid thread, but...
  10. Quick access folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folder: Hello guys.. When i open something like Downloads or Pictures open automaticaly and the same folders to ''This PC'' How can i disable this ? Thanks [img] 63939