Windows 10: Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access"

Discus and support Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I download a pdf file (A billing statement in this case), I would like to select "Save As" and be able to select the folder directly from one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by keithet, Feb 12, 2016.

1. keithet Win User

Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access"

When I download a pdf file (A billing statement in this case), I would like to select "Save As" and be able to select the folder directly from one of the folders shown in Quick Access that is shown in File Explorer without having to rummage through all the folders on my three drives. Right now, "Save As" causes the folder selection to start with My PC. Is there an easy way for the list of folders in Quick Access to be displayed when I select "Save As" to save the file? Starting in My PC makes me go through the mess of finding the folder in which I want to save the file.

Thanks for any help.
    Keith

:)

keithet, Feb 12, 2016

2. How to find a list of Recent Documents in Windows 10

I'm sorry to say that File Explorer, Quick Access sucks. It just saved a pdf copy of this page to my My Documents, Computer folder. In Win7, my computer folder would show up in "Recent Files". Guess what isn't in "Quick Access"? I found this very handy
    when saving multiple documents to the same folder even in a different browsing session.

RDanis_848, Feb 12, 2016
  3. RJL_web Win User
    Changing default view in folder list in File Explorer

When I am "saving as" to browse for a folder Windows opens File Explorer, but instead of opening at the top where Quick Access appears, it moves down to Local Disk (CSaving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access" :). As a result I have to scroll up to get to the Quick Access area where most of my files
    can be quickly located. Is there a way to set the view so that it opens at the top of File Explorer where the Quick Access folders are?

RJL_web, Feb 12, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Hi keithet,

You are able to change the default output locations for saving files, but I'm not sure if you can do what you're trying to do.
    How to change your default save locations on Windows 10

I, too, hate navigating through the Explorer Tree, just to find a single folder. What I have found to be much easier is to set up shortcuts, which it sounds like that's what you've done along your Taskbar. From that point I just download everything to the Desktop and use the Drag & Drop method. Using third party programs, such as Folders Popup, makes it even easier.

I do hope there is a way to do what you're asking though, as that would be a nice alternative.

Good luck,

5. AndreTen Win User
    Quick Acess in just there: in the top left corner. Doesn't it shows?
    Attachment 64107

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access" - Similar Threads - Saving file folder

2. Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.: I had some issues with power today and the power was cut abruptly twice when I was working.When everything was back to normal and I booted up my PC again, the file explorer's Quick access menu was different. I never changed anything in the Quick Access menu before and it was...
  3. Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.: I had some issues with power today and the power was cut abruptly twice when I was working.When everything was back to normal and I booted up my PC again, the file explorer's Quick access menu was different. I never changed anything in the Quick Access menu before and it was...
  4. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access: I use Quick access a lot. I have a system on which I reloaded windows and the files and folders I pin to Quick Access drop off. I haven't been able to find a specific action I am taking that makes them drop off. Some time it takes a while a day and sometimes it is much...
  5. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access: I use Quick access a lot. I have a system on which I reloaded windows and the files and folders I pin to Quick Access drop off. I haven't been able to find a specific action I am taking that makes them drop off. Some time it takes a while a day and sometimes it is much...
  6. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. file not being saved to quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file not being saved to quick access: I have a excel file that is no longer being saved to quick access. It was being saved until a few days ago and I use it regularly. I know quick access is working because it saves other files. So I don't know why this particular excel file is no longer being saved. What should...
  8. file not being saved to quick access

file not being saved to quick access: I have a excel file that is no longer being saved to quick access. It was being saved until a few days ago and I use it regularly. I know quick access is working because it saves other files. So I don't know why this particular excel file is no longer being saved. What should...
  9. Windows deletes my FILE EXPLORER Quick Access folder list and Recent Files list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows deletes my FILE EXPLORER Quick Access folder list and Recent Files list: In the last 6 months Windows has, on three or four occasions, deleted both my FILE EXPLORER 'Quick Access' folder list and 'Recent Files' list. Why does this happen, and how can I stop it? It doesn't happen very often but when it does it is very frustrating - and so...
  10. Help: Increase Quick Access Files List?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help: Increase Quick Access Files List?: I love Quick Access, but I hate how limited the number of items it shows. Is there anyway I can increase this? All the Google hits seems to either be about getting rid of quick access, or increasing jump lists. I think increasing quick access doesn't seem like an outrageous...