Windows 10: saving a file to a secure folder not accessible to others

Discus and support saving a file to a secure folder not accessible to others in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I save a file to a secure folder that no one else has access to ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by C. RenaeAdams, Feb 14, 2019.

1. saving a file to a secure folder not accessible to others

How do I save a file to a secure folder that no one else has access to ?

:)

C. RenaeAdams, Feb 14, 2019

2. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 14, 2019
  3. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Feb 14, 2019
  4. saving a file to a secure folder not accessible to others

Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

saving a file to a secure folder not accessible to others

1. saving a file to a secure folder not accessible to others - Similar Threads - saving file secure

2. HELP ACCESSING A SAVED FILE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP ACCESSING A SAVED FILE: HI I NEED HELP ACCESSING A FILE I SAVED TO ONE DRIVE BACK IN FEB I KEEP GETTING A MSG "SORRY A ERROR HAS OCCURRED THEN IT TELLS ME TO COPY A LINK AND OPEN IT IN A WEB BROWSER IT TOOK ME MONTHS TO WRITE THIS BOOK NOW THAT IM READY TO PUT THE FINISHING TOUCHES ON IT SO IT CAN...
  3. File Saving Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Saving Access Denied: I can't save files to my C: drive, says Access Denied, you don't have permission to save files to this folder. How do I correct this, as my laptop worked fine one day and then can't save files the next day?...
  4. File Saving Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Saving Access Denied: I can't save files to my C: drive, says Access Denied, you don't have permission to save files to this folder. How do I correct this, as my laptop worked fine one day and then can't save files the next day?...
  5. File Saving Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Inserting saved files into other saved files.

Inserting saved files into other saved files.: I have two saved downloads and a separate saved template in downloads. How can I insert the two saved downloads into the separate template in downloads?...
  7. folder access & file access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    folder access & file access: Hi, I was using a portable hard drive when using desktop computers at uni. Now, random folders are access denied whilst many others aren't: "You don't currently have permission to access this folder". > "Click continue to permanently get access to this folder" I checked...
  8. Security Permissions - Folder Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Permissions - Folder Access: Hi, How can i exclude myself from a user group, and block all other users in that group for access to a particular folder? I can't seem to find a solution. [IMG] As you can see, i am a student and would like to deny all other students access to that folder. Is there a way...
  9. Access to shared folders but no access to save or move files

Access to shared folders but no access to save or move files: Clean install of w10. I am signed in w/a local account which is also an admin account on the PC I'm saving/moving too. I have read/write access to these folders but I cannot save to the folders. Any idea what's going on? [img] 18849
  10. Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access"

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access": When I download a pdf file (A billing statement in this case), I would like to select "Save As" and be able to select the folder directly from one of the folders shown in Quick Access that is shown in File Explorer without having to rummage through all the folders on my three...